I cant find my internal bluetooth device in my toshiba satellite \

every time i press fn + f8 & choose the bluetooth option it doesn't respond , & when i choose enable bluetooth from the "right click on the taskbar bluetooth" button this message pops up:

[ Power could not be supplied to the internal bluetooth module,
Make sure that the wirless communication Switch is set ON. ]

i have no idea what's the "wirless communication Switch" is , & i have no idea how to switch it on???

please , help :heink:
11 answers Last reply
More about find internal bluetooth device toshiba satellite
  1. someone depressed said:
    every time i press fn + f8 & choose the bluetooth option it doesn't respond , & when i choose enable bluetooth from the "right click on the taskbar bluetooth" button this message pops up:

[ Power could not be supplied to the internal bluetooth module,
    Make sure that the wirless communication Switch is set ON. ]

i have no idea what's the "wirless communication Switch" is , & i have no idea how to switch it on???

please , help :heink:

Does FN+8 turn of your bluetooth functionality?
  2. I hope your Satellite is the same as mine. Go to the front of your laptop and find the mic and headphone sockets (in the centre on the front face just in front of the touchpad), the wireless switch is approx 3" to the left of this.

Of course, it's also worth bearing in mind that although your laptop supports bluetooth,the module may not actually be installed.
  3. I had this problem and I took my computer back to factory settings but still didn't fix it.
    What did fix it was installing a new version of BIOS
  4. Hi
    I used to have this problem and I tried
    fn & f8
    fortunately It works on my own Toshiba laptop
    look, use this way and try to contact with a device
    send or accept a file
    then It works
    ان شاء الله تعالى
    SAED
  5. Tuffers said:
    I had this problem and I took my computer back to factory settings but still didn't fix it.
    What did fix it was installing a new version of BIOS

I'm having a similar problem. My internal blue tooth adapter used to work fine, but now it does not. Either it died (likely I guess) or something else (maybe a bios problem) Maybe you can help me by telling me how you went about updating the bios. Thanks.........

P.S. I've checked and the wireless switch in front of the LT is turned on and I'm connected wirelessly to a router besides. When I press FN/F8 I get no "bluetooth" option. That's kind of why I think the adapter has died.
  6. Hello gozonablat,
    this is a shot in the dark....my bluetooth used to work well but now it does not and if compared, the device manager to this:
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/?page=faq/bluetoothnotworking
    a part from the internal bluetooth ACPI device, nothing else is shown.
    Did you manage to solve your pb?

Thanks so much!

Sarah
  7. gaijingeek said:
    Hello gozonablat,
    this is a shot in the dark....my bluetooth used to work well but now it does not and if compared, the device manager to this:

Thanks so much!

Sarah

Hello Sarah,

While I appreciate your efforts to help in this dilemma I have pretty much just written this off as not worth the effort to solve. I followed your advice and "clicked" the link you gave. Unfortunately, my laptop does not even have a "product model sticker string" on it's label. Who knows why not?? Also, there is nothing shown under "system devices" in the Device Manager that mentions anything about "Bluetooth". According to what I'm finding, there seems to have never been any kind of Bluetooth adapter as a part of this laptop. That means then that I'm having some mental problems because I definitely remember using a set of Bluetooth headphones time after time in the past. Oh! Well.......one of the mysteries of the Cyberworld.

Thanks again for your interest and attempt to help.
  8. gozonablat said:
    gaijingeek said:
    Hello gozonablat,

Thanks so much!

Sarah

Hello Sarah,

While I appreciate your efforts to help in this dilemma I have pretty much just written this off as not worth the effort to solve. I followed your advice and "clicked" the link you gave. Unfortunately, my laptop does not even have a "product model sticker string" on it's label. Who knows why not?? Also, there is nothing shown under "system devices" in the Device Manager that mentions anything about "Bluetooth". According to what I'm finding, there seems to have never been any kind of Bluetooth adapter as a part of this laptop. That means then that I'm having some mental problems because I definitely remember using a set of Bluetooth headphones time after time in the past. Oh! Well.......one of the mysteries of the Cyberworld.

Thanks again for your interest and attempt to help.
  9. Hi gozonablat,

I was actually trying to help...myself! X'''D
    My bluetooth died and I am pretty much desperate. I tried everything I could. It is a strange failure and there is little documentation around. I cannot even install a plug and play external bluetooth module -> BSOD.
    I saw your post was "relatively new" and I tried. Thanks for your answer!

Anyway, if you know the precise laptop model you have, you can find its full specifications on the Toshiba website, even without a "product model sticker string" .

Best!
  10. gaijingeek said:
    Hi gozonablat,

I was actually trying to help...myself! X'''D
    My bluetooth died and I am pretty much desperate. I tried everything I could. It is a strange failure and there is little documentation around. I cannot even install a plug and play external bluetooth module -> BSOD.
    I saw your post was "relatively new" and I tried. Thanks for your answer!

Anyway, if you know the precise laptop model you have, you can find its full specifications on the Toshiba website, even without a "product model sticker string" .

Best!

Thanks Dear,

I'm sorry you can't get your machine to work with Bluetooth.......sounds like you really need it to. For me........not the case. About all I used the BT for was listening to Pandora and such, but I have that access now with my smartphone and an IPad instead. I was just irritated that the thing all of a sudden quit and sort of disappeared. I have already gone to Toshiba's website and tracked down my LT's specifications info without getting any help there.

Other than this mystery, I really like this laptop and have not had any other problems with it.

Hope you are successful finding a solution for yours.

Best of luck.............
  11. I used to have this problem and I tried
    fn & f8
    fortunately It works on my own Toshiba laptop
    http://www.askmost.com/?p=13213
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Switch Bluetooth Devices Toshiba Windows 7