Is it just me or is there no way to adjust the size of the MSCONFIG window?
I find it rather annoying to have to move the columns in order to see
everything. Placing the cursor on the edge of the window never results in
the normal double-ended arrow used for resizing.
Heirloom, old and needs a bigger one

Heirloom wrote:
> Is it just me or is there no way to adjust the size of the
> MSCONFIG window? I find it rather annoying to have to move
> the columns in order to see everything. Placing the cursor
> on the edge of the window never results in the normal
> double-ended arrow used for resizing.
> Heirloom, old and needs a bigger one

Someone posted a link to this progam, ResizeEnable, in one of
these newsgroups recently. I've used it a few times with no
problems.

http://www.digitallis.co.uk/pc/ResizeEnable/index.html

Here's the direct download link:
http://www.digitallis.co.uk/pc/downloads/ResizeEnable.zip

Whenever you come across a window that you can't resize, run
this program and you'll get those double sided arrows to
appear. Once you're done you can right click the icon which
sits in the notification area and select Quit from the menu to
close the program.

Nepatsfan

Thanks for the info, Nepatsfan. Will check that out.....
Heirloom, old and still lernin'
Cymbal....I went through the Reg and didn't find anything I would change.
Will, good to hear from you.........miss you in the Me NG!!

"Nepatsfan" <nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com> wrote in message
> Heirloom wrote:
>> Is it just me or is there no way to adjust the size of the
>> MSCONFIG window? I find it rather annoying to have to move
>> the columns in order to see everything. Placing the cursor
>> on the edge of the window never results in the normal
>> double-ended arrow used for resizing.
>> Heirloom, old and needs a bigger one
>
> Someone posted a link to this progam, ResizeEnable, in one of these
> newsgroups recently. I've used it a few times with no problems.
>
> http://www.digitallis.co.uk/pc/ResizeEnable/index.html
>
> Here's the direct download link:
> http://www.digitallis.co.uk/pc/downloads/ResizeEnable.zip
>
> Whenever you come across a window that you can't resize, run this program
> and you'll get those double sided arrows to appear. Once you're done you
> can right click the icon which sits in the notification area and select
> Quit from the menu to close the program.
>
> Nepatsfan

I agree with you, but I haven't been able to resize the msconfig window -
very 'annoying'!!

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> wrote in message
> Is it just me or is there no way to adjust the size of the MSCONFIG
> window? I find it rather annoying to have to move the columns in order to
> see everything. Placing the cursor on the edge of the window never
> results in the normal double-ended arrow used for resizing.
> Heirloom, old and needs a bigger one

I am irked that it won't go full screen like on the older OS's!!!
What is the hack to change the view on it?