Msconfig window size

Is it just me or is there no way to adjust the size of the MSCONFIG window?
I find it rather annoying to have to move the columns in order to see
everything. Placing the cursor on the edge of the window never results in
the normal double-ended arrow used for resizing.
Heirloom, old and needs a bigger one
4 answers Last reply
More about msconfig window size

    Heirloom wrote:
    > Is it just me or is there no way to adjust the size of the
    > MSCONFIG window? I find it rather annoying to have to move
    > the columns in order to see everything. Placing the cursor
    > on the edge of the window never results in the normal
    > double-ended arrow used for resizing.
    > Heirloom, old and needs a bigger one

    Someone posted a link to this progam, ResizeEnable, in one of
    these newsgroups recently. I've used it a few times with no
    problems.

    http://www.digitallis.co.uk/pc/ResizeEnable/index.html

    Here's the direct download link:
    http://www.digitallis.co.uk/pc/downloads/ResizeEnable.zip

    Whenever you come across a window that you can't resize, run
    this program and you'll get those double sided arrows to
    appear. Once you're done you can right click the icon which
    sits in the notification area and select Quit from the menu to
    close the program.

    Nepatsfan

    Thanks for the info, Nepatsfan. Will check that out.....
    Heirloom, old and still lernin'
    Cymbal....I went through the Reg and didn't find anything I would change.
    Will, good to hear from you.........miss you in the Me NG!!

    "Nepatsfan" <nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com> wrote in message
    > Heirloom wrote:
    >> Is it just me or is there no way to adjust the size of the
    >> MSCONFIG window? I find it rather annoying to have to move
    >> the columns in order to see everything. Placing the cursor
    >> on the edge of the window never results in the normal
    >> double-ended arrow used for resizing.
    >> Heirloom, old and needs a bigger one
    >
    > Someone posted a link to this progam, ResizeEnable, in one of these
    > newsgroups recently. I've used it a few times with no problems.
    >
    > http://www.digitallis.co.uk/pc/ResizeEnable/index.html
    >
    > Here's the direct download link:
    > http://www.digitallis.co.uk/pc/downloads/ResizeEnable.zip
    >
    > Whenever you come across a window that you can't resize, run this program
    > and you'll get those double sided arrows to appear. Once you're done you
    > can right click the icon which sits in the notification area and select
    > Quit from the menu to close the program.
    >
    > Nepatsfan

    I agree with you, but I haven't been able to resize the msconfig window -
    very 'annoying'!!

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> wrote in message
    > Is it just me or is there no way to adjust the size of the MSCONFIG
    > window? I find it rather annoying to have to move the columns in order to
    > see everything. Placing the cursor on the edge of the window never
    > results in the normal double-ended arrow used for resizing.
    > Heirloom, old and needs a bigger one

    I am irked that it won't go full screen like on the older OS's!!!
    What is the hack to change the view on it?

    "Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> wrote in message
    > Is it just me or is there no way to adjust the size of the MSCONFIG
    > window? I find it rather annoying to have to move the columns in
    > order to see everything. Placing the cursor on the edge of the
    > window never results in the normal double-ended arrow used for
    > resizing. Heirloom, old and needs a bigger one

Microsoft Msconfig Windows XP