recovery console of winxp

I have dual OS, namely win98se and winxp installed in my c: and d:.
I have reinstalled my win98se and I cant boot to winxp anymore.

Can any one teach me how to recover my winxp using recovery console...step
by step...

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about recovery console winxp

    Since you were in a Dual Boot with Win98 and WinXP, when you installed
    XP it placed it's boot loader on the C: drive.
    So if you formatted and reinstalled Win98 you wiped the bootloader for
    XP. If you didnt format the files might still be there. In Win98 go to
    Windows Explorer>Tools>Folder Options>View>Click on Show hidden files and
    folders and uncheck
    Hide protected operating system files. Then in C:\ look for ntldr,
    bootsect.dos, ntdetect.com and boot.ini. If they are there then you can use
    the Recovery Console. Check here on its use
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314058

    You will primarily be interested in the commands Bootcfg , Fixboot
    and Fixmbr
    "WWChew" <chew@wech.com.my> wrote in message
    >I have dual OS, namely win98se and winxp installed in my c: and d:.
    > I have reinstalled my win98se and I cant boot to winxp anymore.
    >
    > Can any one teach me how to recover my winxp using recovery console...step
    > by step...
    >
    > Thanks.

Dual Boot Microsoft Recovery Console Windows XP