My dell latitude laptop does not power on

If I understand right, your power pack has a blue light that comes on when you plug it into the wall but then goes out when plugged into the laptop.
I would start with trying with the battery removed, then I would try a different power pack (borrowed preferably), see if that works. Otherwise, it sounds like a power jack issue (which I believe is a rather involved fix), could be something else though too. When you do plug in the power pack to the laptop, does the plug feel as though it isn't in all the way or loose or at all unusual?

Jaspreet_k

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Hi,
My name is Jaspreet and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.

Try removing the battery and AC adapter, press and hold the power button down for about 15 seconds, then connect the AC adapter and try powering on.

If light on the adapter stays on while it’s not connected to the laptop, there is no issue with the Ac adapter.

However if the light on the AC adapter turns off as soon as you connect it to the laptop, unfortunately there is an issue with the motherboard of the laptop and you would have to get it repaired.

Kindly get back if there are any further queries. Glad to help. Thanks,

Jaspreet
Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

lmayronne

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
HI!
My laptop (same version ES400) will not turn on. The adapter has the green light on at all times (plugged into computer and not plugged into computer). That seems to be working correctly. However, nothing at all happens with my computer when it's plugged in. I don't see any lights turn on or hear any sound. help!!!

Thanks
Laura

mirfaism

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
Hi Jaspreet
what problem can be on the motherboard? could you tell me because i have the same problem?

itsapenny

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
I have the Dell Studio and I seem to be having a similar problem. When I press the power botton (no matter whether it's plugged in, battery in/out), it still doesn't turn on. Is the little light (on the laptop) above where the AC adapter goes, supposed to stay on when it's plugged in? When I go to plug in the AC adapter, the light comes on but goes out a couple seconds later. Could this be a power issue or the motherboard? I sure hope it isn't the latter!

Danielle Brumback

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013

i have the same problem the light comes on when i plug it in then goes out it has a battery with a lighting bolt thro it im not sure if it stayed on my computer only turns on when it wants but if it gets turned off or unpluged or some how goes out it wont turn on till it wants to can any one help me the light on the adaptor stays on always never goes off in or out helP!