820 /700 router speed choking

the router is "choking" the connection speed of my dsl--
very significantly.

Page load times increase by 5-10x compared with
connecting direct to the dsl, or to another available
wireless network.

is this the router firewall? should I have xp firewall
enabled as well

any ideas/help much appreciated

thanks

2 hrs with tech support

defective unit [after 2 months in service]

TRENDING THREADS