After installing .NET, the computer does not open directly the welcome
screen, as it did (I am a single user).
Instead, it opens the login window, and I must click my account name (the
only one).

Please, is there a solution?

Thank you,
Juan

Click Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2

Highlight the user account you want automatically logged on.

Uncheck the box "Users must enter............."

Click Apply.

In the next dialog, enter the password, if any, for the account you selected earlier.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Juan Moreira" <Juan@salta.ar> wrote in message news:%23gqItBTfFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> After installing .NET, the computer does not open directly the welcome
> screen, as it did (I am a single user).
> Instead, it opens the login window, and I must click my account name (the
> only one).
>
> Please, is there a solution?
>
> Thank you,
> Juan

It worked OK. Thanks a lot, Doug! Wonderful people, you are.
Juan

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart
Display\Security
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Juan Moreira" <Juan@salta.ar> wrote in message
> After installing .NET, the computer does not open directly the welcome
> screen, as it did (I am a single user).
> Instead, it opens the login window, and I must click my account name (the
> only one).
>
> Please, is there a solution?
>
> Thank you,
> Juan

Hi

I have a qn.
Is there a way to access the place u mentioned below without having to use
the RUN command?
As in to access it directly from Control Panel or somewhere.
Pls advise.
Thanks.

"Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:

> Click Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2
>
> Highlight the user account you want automatically logged on.
>
> Uncheck the box "Users must enter............."
>
> Click Apply.
>
> In the next dialog, enter the password, if any, for the account you selected earlier.

> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
> http://www.dougknox.com
> --------------------------------
> --------------------------------
> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>
> "Juan Moreira" <Juan@salta.ar> wrote in message news:%23gqItBTfFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > After installing .NET, the computer does not open directly the welcome
> > screen, as it did (I am a single user).
> > Instead, it opens the login window, and I must click my account name (the
> > only one).
> >
> > Please, is there a solution?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Juan

Control Panel, User Accounts

step413 wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a qn.
> Is there a way to access the place u mentioned below without having to use
> the RUN command?
> As in to access it directly from Control Panel or somewhere.
> Pls advise.
> Thanks.
>

> "Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:
>

>>Click Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2
>>
>>Highlight the user account you want automatically logged on.
>>
>>Uncheck the box "Users must enter............."
>>
>>Click Apply.
>>
>>In the next dialog, enter the password, if any, for the account you selected earlier.
>>
>>--
>>Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security
>>Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
>>http://www.dougknox.com
>>--------------------------------
>>Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro
>>http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_securityconsole.htm
>>--------------------------------
>>Please reply only to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>>Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>>
>>"Juan Moreira" <Juan@salta.ar> wrote in message news:%23gqItBTfFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>
>>>After installing .NET, the computer does not open directly the welcome
>>>screen, as it did (I am a single user).
>>>Instead, it opens the login window, and I must click my account name (the
>>>only one).
>>>
>>>Please, is there a solution?
>>>
>>>Thank you,
>>>Juan

And then what?

*TimDaniels*

"Bob I" wrote:
> Control Panel, User Accounts
>
> step413 wrote:
>> Is there a way to access the place u mentioned below without
>> having to use the RUN command?
>> As in to access it directly from Control Panel or somewhere.
>>

>> "Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:
>>

>>>Click Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2
>>>
>>>Highlight the user account you want automatically logged on.
>>>
>>>Uncheck the box "Users must enter............."
>>>
>>>Click Apply.
>>>
>>>In the next dialog, enter the password, if any, for the account
>>> you selected earlier.

Hi Bob

There's no optiions Under Control Panel - User Account to activate the
password thing. Is it that there's a missing tab?

"Bob I" wrote:

> Control Panel, User Accounts
>
> step413 wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I have a qn.
> > Is there a way to access the place u mentioned below without having to use
> > the RUN command?
> > As in to access it directly from Control Panel or somewhere.
> > Pls advise.
> > Thanks.
> >

> > "Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:
> >

> >>Click Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2
> >>
> >>Highlight the user account you want automatically logged on.
> >>
> >>Uncheck the box "Users must enter............."
> >>
> >>Click Apply.
> >>
> >>In the next dialog, enter the password, if any, for the account you selected earlier.
> >>
> >>--
> >>Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security
> >>Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
> >>http://www.dougknox.com
> >>--------------------------------
> >>Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro
> >>http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_securityconsole.htm
> >>--------------------------------
> >>Please reply only to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
> >>Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

The "Advanced" tab has the checkbox.

step413 wrote:

> Hi Bob
>
> There's no optiions Under Control Panel - User Account to activate the
> password thing. Is it that there's a missing tab?
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>Control Panel, User Accounts
>>
>>step413 wrote:
>>

>>>Hi
>>>
>>>I have a qn.
>>>Is there a way to access the place u mentioned below without having to use
>>>the RUN command?
>>>As in to access it directly from Control Panel or somewhere.
>>>Pls advise.
>>>Thanks.

Hi Bob

There's no Advance tab as well.

"Bob I" wrote:

> The "Advanced" tab has the checkbox.
>
> step413 wrote:
>
> > Hi Bob
> >
> > There's no optiions Under Control Panel - User Account to activate the
> > password thing. Is it that there's a missing tab?
> >
> > "Bob I" wrote:
> >

> >>Control Panel, User Accounts

Sorry, I don't know what is wrong there. Maybe someone else knows that
issue.

step413 wrote:

> Hi Bob
>
> There's no Advance tab as well.
>

> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>The "Advanced" tab has the checkbox.
>>
>>step413 wrote:
>>

>>>Hi Bob
>>>
>>>There's no optiions Under Control Panel - User Account to activate the
>>>password thing. Is it that there's a missing tab?

Nightowl

Distinguished
May 17, 2001

Bob I wrote on Fri, 29 Jul 2005:

>step413 wrote:
>
>> Hi Bob
>> There's no Advance tab as well.

>Sorry, I don't know what is wrong there. Maybe someone else knows that
>issue.

Step, I don't know what Bob is looking at :) UserPasswords2 is a
different set of dialogs to User Accounts already in Control Panel.

You can add UserPasswords2 to Control Panel by going to Kelly's site:

then downloading and running the edit on Line 1 on the right-hand side.

Then follow Doug Knox's instructions to set up your login.

If there's anything you don't understand, please post back.

Hope this helps.

--
Nightowl