Diagnosing a dead laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacket321

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
So like many other clumsy people, I spilled water on my laptop, and after about 4 days, it still won't turn on, so I figured I may as well have repairs done. It is a $1900 Sager np8150, so I don't want to give up on it yet.

My issue is that I don't want to get any work done without an inkling of an idea of what is wrong. Since it could be just a dead keyboard or range all the way to getting a new motherboard, I was wondering if there are any sort of steps I can take to see what is still good and maybe what is wrong. I only have a dead laptop and a smartphone, so I can't take out parts and place them in another system. The laptop is also fully dead, won't boot in any sort of way. The only sign of life is that the little led lights are on when I have the adapter plugged in, and another green boot led next to that led flashes once when I press the power button.

Thanks

jacket321

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
It was running, but I immeditely turned the computer off. However, I did the normal shut down procedure instead of holding the power button, and the computer may have crashed on the shut down screen. Hard to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.