Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Problem with Installing Windows Seven and other OS's

Last response: in Windows 7
August 30, 2012 9:17:41 AM

Hey guys,

I've recently lost a hard drive due to it being old and laggy, then it suddenly died out. (Had Windows Seven on it)
I replaced it with an 80gb for the time being whilst a 1tb is on it's way (the original was 500gb)

So my main problem is now that i've replaced the hard drive is I need to re-install/reformat a OS onto the drive.

I have incurred problems with Windows Seven installing, it reads all the drivers fine but then when it goes to the starting windows animation (four orbs colliding animation) it freezes/hangs, the dvd drive also sounds like it has stopped as well.

I tried installing Windows XP as a counter for this, and it seems to have the same problem when installing.
It got stuck when starting windows. Dvd drive also sound like it has stopped.

Many thanks for anybody willing to help.

a b $ Windows 7
August 30, 2012 9:38:19 AM

"it reads all the drivers fine but then when it goes to the starting windows animation"

I lost you there. Did you compete the installation successfully or not?
m
l

Best solution

August 30, 2012 9:51:30 AM

Try resetting the BIOS using the jumpers on the Mobo; check all the clock and memory settings are correct for the processor and memory; and if you can flash the latest firmware to it. If the problem persists and you ahev more than 1 stick of RAM in it then try with just one stick then the other.
Related resources
August 30, 2012 9:56:14 AM

Herr_Koos said:
"it reads all the drivers fine but then when it goes to the starting windows animation"

I lost you there. Did you compete the installation successfully or not?

Installation was not successful this time.
m
l
August 30, 2012 9:57:25 AM

Sonophos said:
Try resetting the BIOS using the jumpers on the Mobo; check all the clock and memory settings are correct for the processor and memory; and if you can flash the latest firmware to it. If the problem persists and you ahev more than 1 stick of RAM in it then try with just one stick then the other.

Will try these and report back.

EDIT: Pulling out the mobo jumper/pin worked the trick.
You sir are a genius.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 30, 2012 10:06:54 AM

Did u try another cables/port...
m
l
August 30, 2012 10:44:04 AM

Best answer selected by hunter1995.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 30, 2012 10:45:06 AM

chasnces are the old hdd had xp on it if so then you will need to delete the primary partition and create a new 1. reason being win7s MFT and boot is slightly different to that of xp and will cause an install to fail...
1s you have done the partitioning fast format the drive and you should now be able to install windows 7
m
l
September 6, 2012 8:21:28 AM

Hi guys, problems has now re-occurred now that I have installed a new hard drive, I've pulled the mother board pin out and put it back in countless times.
It stills sits at the starting windows screen.
m
l
!