Processor: Intel i7 3770 3.4 GHZ
1 TB SSD

What do you think?

-e-coli

NvidiaUser.png

e-coli

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
Actually yes, I am considering choosing all the parts myself but I think I will only focus on the graphics card for now. BTW my budget for the graphics card alone is $180.
Also to my understanding $180 is more than enough to buy a GTX card but is there any AMD graphics cards you could recommend to me that are the same performance and also about $180.

e-coli

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
I think I have pretty much have my heart set on the GTX 640.
Do you happen to have a good knowledge on CPUs, if so could you please give me a bit of your personal advice about it.

Cpu's, I can help. Why I say the i5 is preferable for gaming is probably what you are wondering. Here's why - first let me clarify that the i5 is not a better processor but the advantage the i7 brings is through a process called hyper-threading (I will not go into what that does but in a nutshell it allows for more data processing). Gaming (currently) does not take advantage of hyper-threading so, in essence you are paying extra for a technology that won't be used. That's it, one simple difference and a price difference. It just comes down to value, an i7 can be used but... why?