I use Serif Page Plus 9 to create my web site and added sound files which
used to work perfectly when published but now when previewing my site in web
browser and publishing my site to the web there is no sound. Can anyone help

Malke

Weschris wrote:

> I use Serif Page Plus 9 to create my web site and added sound files
> which used to work perfectly when published but now when previewing my
> site in web browser and publishing my site to the web there is no
> sound. Can anyone help

Did you upload the sound files to your website? Are you sure you have
the path correct; e.g., the path not pointing to your hard drive but to
the directory on the webserver?

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Weschris wrote:
> I use Serif Page Plus 9 to create my web site and added sound files
> which used to work perfectly when published but now when previewing
> my site in web browser and publishing my site to the web there is no
> sound. Can anyone help

Try, in IE, tools>internet options>advanced>multimedia>play sounds in
web pages - check.
--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

Already checked

"Kath Adams" wrote:

> Weschris wrote:
> > I use Serif Page Plus 9 to create my web site and added sound files
> > which used to work perfectly when published but now when previewing
> > my site in web browser and publishing my site to the web there is no
> > sound. Can anyone help
>
> Try, in IE, tools>internet options>advanced>multimedia>play sounds in
> web pages - check.
> --
> Kath Adams
> MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

My answer to Malke is 'Yes I did upload sound files'. As I stated when I
first published site to web the sounds could be heard. But just recently when
updating my site and publishing the sound sound files with it as before no
sound can be heard. I did wonder if any of the auto secuity updates from
Windows could be causing this problem?

"Malke" wrote:

> Weschris wrote:
>
> > I use Serif Page Plus 9 to create my web site and added sound files
> > which used to work perfectly when published but now when previewing my
> > site in web browser and publishing my site to the web there is no
> > sound. Can anyone help
>
> Did you upload the sound files to your website? Are you sure you have
> the path correct; e.g., the path not pointing to your hard drive but to
> the directory on the webserver?
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

And your answer to Malke's queries?

Kath

Weschris wrote:

> My answer to Malke is 'Yes I did upload sound files'. As I stated when I
> first published site to web the sounds could be heard. But just recently
> when updating my site and publishing the sound sound files with it as
> before no sound can be heard. I did wonder if any of the auto secuity
> updates from Windows could be causing this problem?

Have you confirmed whether or not the sounds can be heard when the site is
accessed by another computer, so as to isolate whether or not it is YOUR
computer that is having the problem?

It is possible that something has changed in the MIME settings of the web
server preventing a particular type of sound file from playing.

--
Get Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP here:
"A must-have for your Toy Operating System"

Yes I have accessed the site from another computer and still no sounds can be
heard.