My XP SP2 PRO Has A Mind Of Its Own Sometimes - Why?

June 30, 2005 2:12:25 PM

This time, it changes how it reacts to my keyboard.

Take Free Agent headers in a news group for example. Suppose I have
several pages of such headers. Originally, if I highlighted the first
header I am interested in, and then used the 'page down' keyboard key
to scan through the rest of the headers down to the header on the last
page, the highlight would follow me. Then I would have to scroll back
to the first header - then use shift-leftmousebutton the way you do,
to highlight all of the headers, so I can mass-delete all of them.

I got used to doing that - but suddenly a few weeks back, the
highlight stopped following me. Then I would have to press
shift-leftmousebutton to highlight all the headers from the start to
the end in order to do the delete. I never understood why this
happened, but I learned to live with it.

Now, this AM, things are back to the way they were. To me, this means
XP has lost some setting, or at least is playing games with it (maybe
others too?). So I am wondering - what is going on?

Thank you

More about : sp2 pro mind

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 2:12:26 PM

are you sure you didnt push ctrl+left click? this will highlight 1 at a
time. also, it may depend on what window you are trying to use this in. some
are programed diferently .

peace

<a@b.c> wrote in message news:0bh7c11ib3ccs6k5qkgpu2gbjh1t7jnv5g@4ax.com...
> This time, it changes how it reacts to my keyboard.
>
> Take Free Agent headers in a news group for example. Suppose I have
> several pages of such headers. Originally, if I highlighted the first
> header I am interested in, and then used the 'page down' keyboard key
> to scan through the rest of the headers down to the header on the last
> page, the highlight would follow me. Then I would have to scroll back
> to the first header - then use shift-leftmousebutton the way you do,
> to highlight all of the headers, so I can mass-delete all of them.
>
> I got used to doing that - but suddenly a few weeks back, the
> highlight stopped following me. Then I would have to press
> shift-leftmousebutton to highlight all the headers from the start to
> the end in order to do the delete. I never understood why this
> happened, but I learned to live with it.
>
> Now, this AM, things are back to the way they were. To me, this means
> XP has lost some setting, or at least is playing games with it (maybe
> others too?). So I am wondering - what is going on?
>
> Thank you
July 4, 2005 9:32:28 PM

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:01:44 -0500, "Psing21" <wsingletary@sbsway.com>
wrote:

>are you sure you didnt push ctrl+left click? this will highlight 1 at a
>time. also, it may depend on what window you are trying to use this in. some
>are programed diferently .
>
>peace

I'm sure.
!