Error installing software

Tags:
  • Installer
  • Software
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
June 28, 2002 11:45:43 AM

Hi All,
My problem is that everytime I attempt to install any software lately, I get the message "name of software installer has encountered a problem and needs to close. sorry blah blah blah". This is very recent. I run Win XP Pro and everything seems fine. I did the Win update, but still no dice. What can be the problem? It happens to more than one software installation and even to other files that I download. Any help would be appreciated.

More about : error installing software

June 29, 2002 5:35:23 AM

Wich programs?

It's better to be rich and healthy than poor and sick!
June 29, 2002 6:07:21 PM

Hi Brainstorm,
I installed Incredimail which works just fine, however when I attempt to install more animations, this message comes up. It also happens very frequently to other types of software. I don't want to have to reformat my drive and reinstall everything all over. Any suggestions? Thanks
Related resources
June 29, 2002 11:18:46 PM

Again...which programs? You only mentioned one. :smile:

If they were downloaded, download them again. If they were bought CDs, then check for scratches. Just some suggestions for now until you <b>divulge the information of software you're trying to install!</b> :lol: 

Bryan

<font color=red><Short Signature></font color=red>
<b><A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com" target="_new">btvillarin.com</A></b>
My personal website, chock full of tips and other computer stuff. No ads, banners, or catches. It's currently based on Windows XP, but Windows 2000 stuff to come.
<b><A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/staff/bryan_villarin.html" target="_new"><font color=green>Villarin's Velocity Virus Machine</font color=green></A></b> - How's that???
<font color=red></Short Signature></font color=red>
June 30, 2002 5:29:07 AM

You can search the MS knowledge base for the software you are trying to install, the error message you stated is generally due to incompatible software. Try to find an update for XP or maybe the knowledge base will give you a workaround. Maybe the apps you are trying to install are just not compatible with XP at the moment.

Hope that will help

It's better to be rich and healthy than poor and sick!
!