upgrade dell or buy new area 51?

beccabob

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004
ive had my dell for along time and have had problems with it consistantly for 6 years. I am also getting tired of talking to tech support where no one speaks good english. now im pretty sure the mobo is starting to fail. my question is do i want to keep dumping money in this thing or would i be better off buying a brand new alienware 51. for the same price i can either bring this system up to speed, get great speakers and a great monitor.....or purchase an alienware area 51 and get new speakers and monitor down the road. any suggestions? thanks in advance!!!

Stinkfinger

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2004
I think you answered your own Question.
I think Dell should be sued for false advertisement for making english speaking commercials but not having english speaking support. Thats why i built my own instead of upgrading my dell.
Just like Burger King and Mcdonalds having pictures of Huge burgers but only getting crappy little burgers.
Anyhoo, if you have the bucks, go for it or have you considered building your own. Make sure you Do your homework.

Confuscious say: He who go to bed with itchy ass, wake up with stinkyfinger<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Stinkfinger on 07/14/04 11:30 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

upec

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You already have experience with upgrading computer. I would recommend you build a new one youself. It is a lot more flexible and cheaper.