signal strength

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I am having problems with the signal strength on my
wireless notebook adapter 520, I get less than 30 feet
away from my base station and I drop down to 1 bar and
1.0 Mbps, any ideas on how to boost the signal strength
or another way to fix this problem?

Check that the base station and 520 are using the same channel.

Move the base station around (it works better vertical and
away of walls). Remember that wifi is like old-time radios
-- small adjustment of the antenna position can have
dramatic effects in reception.