Trying to remember a game.

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.misc (More info?)

Hi folks,

Many years ago I vaguely remember playing an RPG that was set in a
space ship.

From memory I seem to remember that it was a huge generation ship that
had gone through some sort of radiation? disaster that had killed off
most of the crew and colonists. The ship was shaped like a huge egg,
and had numerous (17 springs to mind for some reason) decks or levels
which could be traversed and searched with the aim, I think, of
finding the control centre.

Does anyone recognise this game, and if so do you know anything about
it.

Many thanks,

Dave

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.misc (More info?)

> daves@argonet.co.uk (Dave Stratford) wrote in
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Many years ago I vaguely remember playing an RPG that was set in a
> > space ship.
> >
> > From memory I seem to remember that it was a huge generation ship
that
> > had gone through some sort of radiation? disaster that had killed
off
> > most of the crew and colonists. The ship was shaped like a huge
egg,
> > and had numerous (17 springs to mind for some reason) decks or
levels
> > which could be traversed and searched with the aim, I think, of
> > finding the control centre.
> >
> > Does anyone recognise this game, and if so do you know anything
about
> > it.
> >
> Metamorphisis Alpha?
>
> --
> Terry Austin
> www.hyperbooks.com
> Campaign Cartographer now available

That's the one,

Thanks.

Dave

daves@argonet.co.uk wrote:
>> daves@argonet.co.uk (Dave Stratford) wrote in
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> Many years ago I vaguely remember playing an RPG that was set in a
>>> space ship.
>>>
>>> From memory I seem to remember that it was a huge generation ship
>>> that had gone through some sort of radiation? disaster that had
>>> killed off most of the crew and colonists. The ship was shaped like
>>> a huge egg, and had numerous (17 springs to mind for some reason)
>>> decks or levels which could be traversed and searched with the aim,
>>> I think, of finding the control centre.
>>>
>>> Does anyone recognise this game, and if so do you know anything
>>> about it.
>>>
>> Metamorphisis Alpha?
>>

> That's the one,

Purely FYI, there was a remake of it some time ago called Metamorphosis
Alpha to Omega using the Amazing Engine rule set.

Additionally, there is a "brand new" (a few years ago) remake of it as well
by the original creator (James Ward).

Here's a site detailing the editions:

http://www.metamorphosisalpha.com/

--
Reginald Blue
"I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.misc (More info?)

daves@argonet.co.uk (Dave Stratford) wrote in

> Hi folks,
>
> Many years ago I vaguely remember playing an RPG that was set in a
> space ship.
>
> From memory I seem to remember that it was a huge generation ship that
> had gone through some sort of radiation? disaster that had killed off
> most of the crew and colonists. The ship was shaped like a huge egg,
> and had numerous (17 springs to mind for some reason) decks or levels
> which could be traversed and searched with the aim, I think, of
> finding the control centre.
>
> Does anyone recognise this game, and if so do you know anything about
> it.

Metamorphisis Alpha?