I locked myself out!!??

Coronita88

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
I finally set a admin user password on my hp desktop about a week ago, I also set up a "hint" answer to help me in case I were to forgot my password, well I FORGOT MY PASSWORD and the HINT is of NO HELP to remeber it. Now i cannot log into the admin. account or vew any of my files docs, music, pics or ANYTHING!! How can I reset my pasword or even find out what it is??!! PLEASE HELP!!!! Thanks!!

snow cakes

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
As far as I know , there are two main methods to solve the windows password problem as follows:
1st Method:
Start system and when you see Windows Welcome screen / Login screen, press ctrl+alt+del keys twice and it'll show Classic Login box. Now type \Administrator\ (without quotes) in Username and leave Password field blank. Now press Enter and you should be able to log in Windows.
Now you can reset your account password from \Control Panel - User Accounts\.
Same thing can be done using Safe Mode. In Safe Mode Windows will show this in-built Administrator account in Login screen.
2th Method:
Windows password reset software:
for example:Windows Password Reset. It is easy and convenient to use.
http://www.resetwindowspassword.com

PHYSC

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
or just download a hiren's boot cd 9.1 and burn iso image to cd ordvd and use active password remover works with xp vista

kareshma

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
]I finally set a admin user password on my hp desktop about a week ago, I also set up a "hint" answer to help me in case I were to forgot my password, well I FORGOT MY PASSWORD and the HINT is of NO HELP to remeber it. Now i cannot log into the admin. account or vew any of my files docs, music, pics or ANYTHING!! How can I reset my pasword or even find out what it is??!! PLEASE HELP!!!! Thanks!!

TRENDING THREADS