Sign in with
Your question

Best webcam under 150 dollars

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 23, 2005 6:26:02 PM

I'm looking for the best possible webcam under 150 dollars for my dekstop-replacement laptop. The problem is that there really aren't any test which would conclude that model x is the best.

My two current fovourites are Logitech Quickcam Sphere (somewehere its called Orbit) and Creative Webcam Live Ultra for Notebooks.

An important question is that do Logitech webcams offer better image quality than Creative webcams because Logitech has a better reputation with webcams.

Help me!

More about : webcam 150 dollars

April 28, 2005 11:59:17 PM

I'd vote the Logitech QuickCam for Notebooks Pro. It's compact, has face tracking/zoom, and is compact. The package includes a handy hard case to stow when not in use. I've deployed over 30 of these at work and they rock for our Macromedia Breeze Collaboration Utility.

<b><i>Powered by <font color=blue>V</font color=blue><font color=purple>E</font color=purple><font color=red>R</font color=red><font color=purple>T</font color=purple><font color=blue>O</font color=blue></b>
Fueled by <b><font color=blue>CL-</font color=blue><font color=red>ONE</font color=red></b>
May 4, 2005 6:01:01 PM

Actually, I think I am going to get the brand new Creative Webcam Live Ultra for Notebook which costs about 100 dollars. It's a brand new webcam. However, I still have doubts whether Creative can match Logitech in webcams. Logitech Quickcam Pro for Notebooks have received good reviews but I do not like the design. Another option would be Logitech Quickcam Sphere which is pretty the most expensive webcam in regular computershops. However, it is quite old webcam and the face-tracking is rumoured to be not so good.
!