Sign in with
Your question

Can't see files on CDRW, how to recover?

Last response: in Storage
July 13, 2004 1:19:02 AM

I made a backup maybe 3 years ago on a Verbatim DataLifePlus 2x/4x CD-RW, the disc has been sitting comfortably in it's jewel case and is in perfect condition. I lost the data on my hard drive and now need to retrieve it from this CD-RW. I put the disc into one of my drives and Windows XP recognizes it, shows the volume label, says there is 511 MB of data on it, lists the file system as UDF, but shows no files in Explorer. I remember being able to get data off the CD before (possibly on a different OS at that time, I don't remember). I've tried both of my DVD/CD drives with no luck, and I don't have the original drive that this disc was burned on anymore (Creative 8x4x32). Are there any programs that can possibly recover the files on this disc? I really need this data back, any help would be greatly appreciated.

More about : files cdrw recover

July 19, 2004 8:41:03 PM

RUSTY SPOONS...I mean, search for file recovery software on teh INTERNET.

Unfortunatly, alot of the programs out there cost money / spoons and so you may have to go all illegal on the government's ass and get a crack. OR if you are the l33t searcher you MAY be able to find a FREEware version.

Saying that, it sounds like it's an operating system problem / driver problem. Perhaps the disk has become a RUSTY SPOON / corrupted?

Hope you sort it out...SPOON

<font color=blue>My <font color=red>dick</font color=red> is so big, that my <font color=red>dick</font color=red> has a <font color=red>dick</font color=red>. And my <font color=red>dicks' dick</font color=red> is bigger than yours.</font color=blue>
July 28, 2004 8:03:20 PM

Try PC Inspector File Recovery, that may work.

Spec:
Intel P4 2.4B
MSI 645E Max-U Mobo
1GB DDR333
R9600XT 128MB
SB Live 5.1
Samsung 120GB
Maxtor 120GB
LG DVD+-R/RW
WIN2K PRO SP4
Related resources
July 30, 2004 5:22:17 AM

all you can do is to get as close to "original" setup as you can, caz it is obvious that the software can't read the thing (get the software that it was written in).. And!!! RW is the WORST thing you can put your files on for LONG archiving time. My guess is your very looser this time ;*(

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...
July 30, 2004 7:34:59 PM

yep...best post ever

<font color=blue><font color=red>Blow</font color=red> Dry <font color=red>my ass</font color=red> and call me <font color=red>Eden</font color=red>!</font color=blue>
!