Is there a way in XP to switch the left and right audio channels for all
sound applications?

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:31:53 -0700, "jabailo@texeme.com"
<jabailo@texeme.com> wrote:

>Is there a way in XP to switch the left and right audio channels for all
>sound applications?

Switch the speaker inputs around?
Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread.
If you must reply via email, remove the obvious
from my email address before sending.

Donald L McDaniel wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:31:53 -0700, "jabailo@texeme.com"
> <jabailo@texeme.com> wrote:
>

>>Is there a way in XP to switch the left and right audio channels for all
>>sound applications?
>

> Switch the speaker inputs around?

No the outputs.

Say if I'm playing a streaming station.

> Donald L McDaniel
> Please reply to the original thread.
> If you must reply via email, remove the obvious
> from my email address before sending.

Or just switch the speakers around. <g>

<jabailo@texeme.com> wrote:

>Is there a way in XP to switch the left and right audio channels for
>all
>sound applications?

Switch the speaker inputs around?
Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread.
If you must reply via email, remove the obvious
from my email address before sending.

If the sound card driver and software you install supports it. If you
don't provide it, then no.

jabailo@texeme.com wrote:

> Is there a way in XP to switch the left and right audio channels for all
> sound applications?

If you want to switch them permanently for all sound applications, why don't
you just restation the speakers? Geez.

--
Get Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP here:
"A must-have for your Toy Operating System"

Or turn around and face the other direction! ;-)

Bob I wrote:
> Or turn around and face the other direction! ;-)

Well that was the problem. I'm using my head phones at work and they
have a short cord.

The cord is on the left ear, but my computer is on the right hand side
of the desk, so I wear them upside down. But then the channels are wrong.

Anyway, the question is now moot, as I realized that there is a head
phone jack on the /front/ of the computer! So, I can wear them right
side up and still have enough cord.

> NoStop wrote:
>
>> jabailo@texeme.com wrote:
>>

>>> Is there a way in XP to switch the left and right audio channels for all
>>> sound applications?
>>

>> If you want to switch them permanently for all sound applications, why
>> don't
>> you just restation the speakers? Geez.

You do realize they sell headphone extension cords very cheap.

jabailo@texeme.com wrote:

> Bob I wrote:
>
>> Or turn around and face the other direction! ;-)
>>

> Well that was the problem. I'm using my head phones at work and they
> have a short cord.
>
> The cord is on the left ear, but my computer is on the right hand side
> of the desk, so I wear them upside down. But then the channels are wrong.
>
> Anyway, the question is now moot, as I realized that there is a head
> phone jack on the /front/ of the computer! So, I can wear them right
> side up and still have enough cord.
>

>> NoStop wrote:

>>> If you want to switch them permanently for all sound applications,
>>> why don't
>>> you just restation the speakers? Geez.

Upside down head phones -- hilarious!

You never mentioned that you were using a headset until your last post.

Bill