An interesting problem...

So here's my problem, (I tried MS Support, but since my OS is OEM, they won't
give me any support...), My 'All Programs' menu won't open. I have never had
this problem before, but all of a sudden it stopped working. I even right
clicked 'All Programs' and clicked explore, but it showed the following path:

C:\Documents and Settings\Denise\Steve

Which makes absolutely no sense, because Denise and Steve both are users of
this P.C., yet neither of them have this problem. My username is Adam, so I
guess the question is, where is this info stored?? And why did it change??

If anyone knows [what i am guessing to be a registry key] how to help, drop
me a line, because i am out of ideas...

p.s. I can't even install anything now, because it will give me a[n]
(non-skippable) error saying it can't access the 'All Programs' menu.

Check the REG_EXPAND_SZ string data is correct in;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders

Name: Common Desktop
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop

Name: Common Start Menu
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu

Name: Common Programs
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs

Name: Common Startup
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Name: Common AppData
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data

Name: Common Templates
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Templates

Name: Common Favorites
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Favorites

Name: Common Documents
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Documents

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

=?Utf-8?B?LUFkYW0uRA==?= wrote:

> So here's my problem, (I tried MS Support, but since my OS is OEM, they won't
> give me any support...), My 'All Programs' menu won't open. I have never had

Then ask your OEM dealer who is contracted/required to provide support
for being able to sell OEM packages at less than retail prices.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Start Menu - 'All Programs' is empty or nothing happens when you click the
menu:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/allprograms.htm

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP