Help - User Accounts in XP

Hi...

I have a win XP system.I have the computer administrator account & my friend
shares the same system with a limited account.But even if her account is of
limited type she is able to view all my files & folders other than the ones
in Shared folders.

Can somebody please help to prevent the access of my files & folders from
the limited account?

Thanks,
lotlil
3 answers Last reply
More about help user accounts

    there's an option in the user settings of the admin account that says hide
    this account from others or something to that affect. I can't tell you the
    exact path right now, because my home pc is XP pro and my work pc is 2000 pro
    --
    CompTechie

    "lot" wrote:

    > Hi...
    >
    > I have a win XP system.I have the computer administrator account & my friend
    > shares the same system with a limited account.But even if her account is of
    > limited type she is able to view all my files & folders other than the ones
    > in Shared folders.
    >
    > Can somebody please help to prevent the access of my files & folders from
    > the limited account?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > lotlil

    Thanks for your help Comp Techie...
    I couldn't figure out how to have the administrator account as private.But I
    found out one thing . Whatever files I store in 'My Documents' folder are not
    visible for the limited account type while the files & folders under the C-
    Drive are visible. There's only one partition on my hard drive - C- drive
    alone.

    Suggestions please...

    - lotlil

    "CompTechie" wrote:

    > there's an option in the user settings of the admin account that says hide
    > this account from others or something to that affect. I can't tell you the
    > exact path right now, because my home pc is XP pro and my work pc is 2000 pro
    > --
    > CompTechie
    >

    > "lot" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi...
    > >
    > > I have a win XP system.I have the computer administrator account & my friend
    > > shares the same system with a limited account.But even if her account is of
    > > limited type she is able to view all my files & folders other than the ones
    > > in Shared folders.
    > >
    > > Can somebody please help to prevent the access of my files & folders from
    > > the limited account?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > lotlil

    If using NTFS, see:

    HOW TO: Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions in Windows
    XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308418
    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "lot" <lot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi...
    >
    > I have a win XP system.I have the computer administrator account & my
    > friend
    > shares the same system with a limited account.But even if her account is
    > of
    > limited type she is able to view all my files & folders other than the
    > ones
    > in Shared folders.
    >
    > Can somebody please help to prevent the access of my files & folders from
    > the limited account?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > lotlil

Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP