Gamma World D20 Player's Handbook Free

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.misc (More info?)

Knight37 wrote:
> For a limited time you can get Gamma World D20 Player's Handbook for
free
> over on DriveThru RPG. I am not affiliated with that site, I just
like
> Gamma World and want to help spread it around. You need the latest
Adobe
> Acrobat Reader with the DRM stuff installed.
>
> http://www.drivethrurpg.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=47_67

I thought the version they were giving away was just watermarked? Don't
tell me I have to upgrade my Acrobat Reader! :-/

I'd also like to add that if you plan on playing Gamma World with this
eBook, you'll also need a copy of either D20 Modern or the D&D 3E
Player's Handbook. I'm sure you could pick up the SRD for either for
free somewhere.

Ralph Glatt

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.misc (More info?)

julian814@hotmail.com wrote in

>> http://www.drivethrurpg.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=47_67
>
> I thought the version they were giving away was just watermarked?
> Don't tell me I have to upgrade my Acrobat Reader! :-/

I don't like having to give ALL my personal info, such as D.O.B.
address etc, to register on their site. So count me out.

--
Marc

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.misc (More info?)

"Marc L." <master.cougar@gmail.com> once tried to test me with:

> julian814@hotmail.com wrote in
>
>>> http://www.drivethrurpg.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=47_67
>>
>> I thought the version they were giving away was just watermarked?
>> Don't tell me I have to upgrade my Acrobat Reader! :-/
>>

> I don't like having to give ALL my personal info, such as
> D.O.B.
> address etc, to register on their site. So count me out.

I have never gotten any spam from them, and I've been registered on
DriveThruRPG for a really long time now (pretty much since it started).
They don't even send me emails anymore, or at least, hardly ever. And I
asked for that. They've never sent me a snail mail.

IMHO, they're a reputable company, who has a great service. They offer a
free ebook at least twice a month. If that's not worth giving out your
address, oh well. Free stuff usually has a cost. I consider this to be an
extremely minor cost for all the cool e-books I've gotten to read.

I've bought a couple of e-books from them before, some out of print Vampire
stuff I was looking for. I've found the quality to vary but they do tell
you if you read the product description what to expect (ie. was it done
electronically based on electronic manuscript, or was it a scan of a paper
copy, etc).

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.misc (More info?)

julian814@hotmail.com once tried to test me with:

>> http://www.drivethrurpg.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=47_67
>
> I thought the version they were giving away was just watermarked? Don't
> tell me I have to upgrade my Acrobat Reader! :-/

You are correct, I was wrong, the version they're giving away is the
watermarked version, you don't need DRM to use it. This is new since the
last time I got something from them.

> I'd also like to add that if you plan on playing Gamma World with this
> eBook, you'll also need a copy of either D20 Modern or the D&D 3E
> Player's Handbook. I'm sure you could pick up the SRD for either for
> free somewhere.

You can find the D20 Modern SRD here:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/msrd

And here's an HTML version that I like better:

http://www.12tomidnight.com/d20modernsrd/BasicClasses.php

Technically you'd still need the real D20 Modern book to play this (at
least, as a GM) because the SRD doesn't cover level advancement (ie. how
many experience points it takes to reach each new level). But it wouldn't
take a rocket scientist to figure that out on your own, or just make
something up. Or, yeah, you can use the D&D rules for it.

But IMHO the D20 Modern book is a better fit for Gamma World than the D&D
rules are.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.misc (More info?)

Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> wrote in

> IMHO, they're a reputable company, who has a great service. They
> offer a free ebook at least twice a month. If that's not worth
> giving out your address, oh well. Free stuff usually has a cost. I
> consider this to be an extremely minor cost for all the cool
> e-books I've gotten to read.

I just don't want to give them my info, don't see the need for
that. I never had to give all that for the host of my web site, don't
see a need for DriveThrough to have it.

--
Marc

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.misc (More info?)

Thanks, I downloaded the D20 Modern SRD. Not sure if I'm going to use
the XP table in the 3.0 DMG, or see if I can work with the XP chart in
my first edition copy of Gamma World.

By the way, I should be able to get to the adventures I promised, soon.
First, I have to do some artwork for GW5. ;-)

Ralph Glatt

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.misc (More info?)

"Marc L." <master.cougar@gmail.com> wrote in
message

> I just don't want to give them my info, don't
> see the need for that. I never had to give all
> that for the host of my web site, don't see a
> need for DriveThrough to have it.

Actually ýou do not _need_ to give them YOUR info;
anything that even passingly simulates something
valid seems to be OK. I.e. after creating your(?)
account, the clicking of 'Buy now' button for
'Gamma World Player's Handbook' starts the file
transfer.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=47_67&sort=2a

Cheers,
Petri U.