System Crashing while playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.

nagababa

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Hello Everyone ,

well i am facing a very strange problem with my computer , my CPU is started crashing when i play games like Darksiders 2 , Max payne 3 or The Witcher -2 . it works sometime for hours and someting it crashes 5 times in 30 mins. , and when it crashes i see brown screen and the a sound like errrrrrrrrrrrrr and then system restart. i took it to the service centre of ASUS and they checked my MB , GPU and RAM all is working fine . i tried almost 15 different RAM's but non helped problem remains same

please help me with this , i am telling my hardware specification:

CPU: AMD Phenom 2 X4 955 black edition
MB: ASUS M4A88T-M
RAM: Corsair XMS3 4gb single chip
PSU: Cooler Master ELITE 500 WATTS
GPU: ATI RADEON HD 4850
Cabinet : Cooler Master ( with 2 120 mm inflow FAN's and 1 , 120 MM outflow)

i also did all the bench mark tests for CPU ( using CPUZ) , GPU ( Fun Mark) and memory test all results are normal )

please please please help me out ..

nagababa

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012

my drivers are up to date i suppose

Driver Packaging Version 8.961-120405a-137224C-ATI
2D Driver Version 8.01.01.1243
2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/CLASS/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000
Direct3D Version 7.14.10.0903
OpenGL Version 6.14.10.11631

i don't know what to do . i will try to provide all the information which is needed to solve my problem .
but thanks for the reply .

festerovic

Distinguished
1. Use the free memory test program "memtest 86" to test your single stick of 4gb of RAM. Let it run for 2 or more passes. Don't believe the service center of ASUS.
2. Update the video card drivers from AMD.
3. Update the sound card drivers from the Asus site, not windows update.

Can you tell if the sound of "errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" actually an audio looping over and over really quickly?

Latest drivers aren't always the best.

nagababa

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012

i did the RAM Test already there is no memory errors .

yes it is audio looping really quick and it comes for 2-3 secs and then system restart. i updated all the drivers from AMD support website i am suing currently AMD Catalyst center 12.8

and i didnt understood what is legacy driver , i never heard where i have to check if i am using it or not and i am not using it where to find it ?

What were your temps? atleast 10 minutes of furmark + prime95 then list max temps.

To properly reinstall your video card drivers download driver sweeper, install it, reboot, uninstall drivers, reboot into safe mode (do this by spamming F8 at post) run driver sweeper, analyse AMD - Display. Once its done, hit clean, reboot, its best to go back into safe mode and hit analyse again to make sure nothing is still there.

For me personally that still wasn't enough I had to use ccleaner on top of the two passes with driver sweeper so if you are still having issues just add that onto the list.

If you are still having issues after all that, come back and report your results.

nagababa

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012

thanks i will update my results soon

so according to you my power supply is not giving proper power to the pc components while playing high end games. that is why it is crashing because at normal usage i do not face any problem so could you please suggest me that how many Watts of power supply i need.

thanks and regards

Nagababa

festerovic

Distinguished

You didn't say which OS you had, but if it's win vista 64 bit or win 7 64 bit, try this one.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/legacy/Pages/legacy-radeonaiw-vista64.aspx

I'm just suggesting it is a possibility that the PSU is to blame.

You don't need a lot of power. A good 450W would be more than enough. I doubt you ever pull more than about 300W currently.

There is a PSU guide linked in my signature and from there a link to a PSU list. You do need to replace that PSU even if it's not the cause of the problems, but you want to try some of the simpler tests and troubleshooting.

HWMonitor is a good way to keep an eye on all your temps
http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php

nagababa

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
i think its my PSU because other hardware component working fine i tested them on another Computer no problem at all , i will change it tomorrow i am going to buy ANTEC 550 WATTS lets hope it will solve my problem.

thanks

Ah, well if you insist on buying a new psu I won't stop you as it "might" be the problem, but I personally would prefer you to check out the option I suggested as all it costs you is a bit of time.

(not trying to denounce your theory prox, its where I was going next)

Status
Not open for further replies.