Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.misc,rec.games.frp.cyber (More info?)

Several states reached a settlement with the Ford Motor Company in
December 2002 to resolve allegations of deceptive trade practices
relating to the sales and advertising of Ford Sport Utility Vehicles.
The outcome of that settlement was a $27 million campaign dedicated to
educating the public about the dangers of driving a SUV.

ESUVEE, the campaign mascot, was designed to evoke the sentiments one
holds when they think of an actual sport utility vehicle: exciting,
durable and powerful, with subtle characteristics. ESUVEE's prominence
on the web and at SUV Safety Days reinforced the message, while
providing an entertaining, accessible and non-threatening method of
capturing and retaining the intended audience's attention.

The commercial is undoubtedly targeted at younger males. Take a look:
http://www.esuvee.com

I'm hardly the target audience. But the campaign's lure was
irresistible. The genius of the advertising is indisputable: I want to
ride an Esuvee. Or at least, I want to pretend I do in a d20
role-playing game. Which is odd, since I think SUVs are the first sign
of the Apocalypse.

To download the esuvee d20 monster stats, visit
http://michael.tresca.net under Freebies. Who knows, you might learn
something about the dangers of driving a SUV while you're at it!

<talien@toast.net> wrote in message
> To download the esuvee d20 monster stats, visit
> http://michael.tresca.net under Freebies. Who knows, you might learn
> something about the dangers of driving a SUV while you're at it!

Can I just be all girly for a second and say I think ESUVEE's are cute? The
ads are working. Anyway, I think it's hilarious to have the stats for them,
and I'm going to have to think about a way to fit one in some place.

Thanks for this!
Joanna