Closed

forwarding mail with pictures

could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow me to
forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a pic it
doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
--
Kat
23 answers Last reply

    Outlook Express? Tools | Options | Send | HTML Settings. Check: Send
    pictures with messages. And make sure HTML is selected for your Mail Sending
    format.
    --
    Bruce Hagen
    MS-MVP - (IE/OE)

    "Kat" <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow me
    > forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a pic
    > it
    > doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
    > --
    > Kat

    if you are speaking about Outlook then goto Tools/options/security/download
    pictures: change auto download settings - make sure the permit downloads in
    email messages... (2nd Option) is checked - then add that person's email
    address to your safe senders/safe recipients lists
    --
    CompTechie

    "Kat" wrote:

    > could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow me to
    > forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a pic it
    > doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
    > --
    > Kat

    I have done all that and its all as you say. I can send them from work which
    is outlook but my msn and cableone account wont let me, any ideas?
    --
    Kat

    In news:63ADF059-D76E-4716-826C-17A25C1819D3@microsoft.com,
    Kat <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that
    > won't
    > allow me to forward mail with pictures. People get the text
    > but if
    > it includes a pic it doesnt show up. I would be so grateful
    > for some
    > advice. Thanks

    The answer to your question depends on what E-mail client you're
    using, and what E-mail client the recipient is using, as well as
    what the settings are in these programs. For more help, start by
    telling us something about what E-mail clients are involved.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    MS Outlook newsgroup:
    http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general&cat=en_US_4d7b937f-51b5-48f0-9849-b38cb67c445e&lang=en&cr=US

    >I have done all that and its all as you say. I can send them from work
    >which
    > is outlook but my msn and cableone account wont let me, any ideas?
    > --
    > Kat
    >

    > "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
    >
    >> Outlook Express? Tools | Options | Send | HTML Settings. Check: Send
    >> pictures with messages. And make sure HTML is selected for your Mail
    >> Sending
    >> format.
    >> --
    >> Bruce Hagen
    >> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
    >> ~IB-CA~
    >>
    >> "Kat" <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow
    >> > me
    >> > forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a
    >> > pic
    >> > it
    >> > doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
    >> > --
    >> > Kat

    It's when I send from my msn account and my cableone account. My work
    account is outlook and that one works just fine.
    --
    Kat

    "Ken Blake" wrote:

    > In news:63ADF059-D76E-4716-826C-17A25C1819D3@microsoft.com,
    > Kat <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
    >
    > > could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that
    > > won't
    > > allow me to forward mail with pictures. People get the text
    > > but if
    > > it includes a pic it doesnt show up. I would be so grateful
    > > for some
    > > advice. Thanks
    >

    > The answer to your question depends on what E-mail client you're
    > using, and what E-mail client the recipient is using, as well as
    > what the settings are in these programs. For more help, start by
    > telling us something about what E-mail clients are involved.

    > Please reply to the newsgroup

    After I go to security there is no download pictures option
    --
    Kat

    In news:76B70ACE-F64D-4CE6-AC88-542BB6AB3F84@microsoft.com,
    Kat <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > It's when I send from my msn account and my cableone account.
    > My work
    > account is outlook and that one works just fine.

    No, the account you use doesn't matter. What E-mail *software*
    are you using with you msn/cableone accounts?

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    >> In news:63ADF059-D76E-4716-826C-17A25C1819D3@microsoft.com,
    >> Kat <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
    >>
    >>> could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that
    >>> won't
    >>> allow me to forward mail with pictures. People get the text
    >>> but if
    >>> it includes a pic it doesnt show up. I would be so grateful
    >>> for some
    >>> advice. Thanks
    >>

    >> The answer to your question depends on what E-mail client
    >> you're
    >> using, and what E-mail client the recipient is using, as well
    >> as
    >> what the settings are in these programs. For more help, start
    >> by
    >> telling us something about what E-mail clients are involved.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Please reply to the newsgroup

    let me know which type of machine your using: XP or 2000? I have to pick up
    my kids. I will check in the morning and help you then. have a good evening
    --
    CompTechie

    "Kat" wrote:

    > After I go to security there is no download pictures option
    > --
    > Kat
    >

    > "CompTechie" wrote:
    >
    > > if you are speaking about Outlook then goto Tools/options/security/download
    > > pictures: change auto download settings - make sure the permit downloads in
    > > email messages... (2nd Option) is checked - then add that person's email
    > > address to your safe senders/safe recipients lists
    > > --
    > > CompTechie
    > >

    > > "Kat" wrote:
    > >
    > > > could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow me to
    > > > forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a pic it
    > > > doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
    > > > --
    > > > Kat

    Not sure what that is, msn is outlook and cableone I dont know but its all
    coming from the same computer, and yahoo will send the pics. Hotmail is msn
    do I have to pay for that one to have my pics included?
    --
    Kat

    "Ken Blake" wrote:

    > In news:76B70ACE-F64D-4CE6-AC88-542BB6AB3F84@microsoft.com,
    > Kat <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
    >
    > > It's when I send from my msn account and my cableone account.
    > > My work
    > > account is outlook and that one works just fine.
    >

    > No, the account you use doesn't matter. What E-mail *software*
    > are you using with you msn/cableone accounts?

    > Please reply to the newsgroup
    >

    > >> In news:63ADF059-D76E-4716-826C-17A25C1819D3@microsoft.com,
    > >> Kat <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > >> The answer to your question depends on what E-mail client
    > >> you're
    > >> using, and what E-mail client the recipient is using, as well
    > >> as
    > >> what the settings are in these programs. For more help, start
    > >> by
    > >> telling us something about what E-mail clients are involved.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
    > >> Please reply to the newsgroup

    On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:39:12 -0700, Kat
    <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow me to
    >forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a pic it
    >doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks

    This is the wrong place to ask questions like this. This group is for
    the XP OS, and and since the OS has no ability to send mail, the
    question is off-topic.

    Post to a group that deals with your news client.

    "Kat" <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow me
    > forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a pic
    > it
    > doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
    > --
    > Kat

    Using what program?

    Set blank mail as rich text.

    The problem may be their settings- include your own mail in the cc and see
    if you receive it ok. One of the critical updates changed some settings to
    block attachments that could possibly be viruses- the security settings for
    Outlook Express may need reducing- get them to check their settings.

    Thank you I have checked the html setting and that ones right. It's my msn
    and cableone account, I will check the update on outlook. Thanks
    --
    Kat

    "Alan Smith" wrote:

    > "Kat" <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow me
    > > forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a pic
    > > it
    > > doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
    > > --
    > > Kat
    >
    > Using what program?
    >
    > Set blank mail as rich text.
    >
    > The problem may be their settings- include your own mail in the cc and see
    > if you receive it ok. One of the critical updates changed some settings to
    > block attachments that could possibly be viruses- the security settings for
    > Outlook Express may need reducing- get them to check their settings.

    Outlook, or Outlook Express? Check Sent Items. If the picture is there, than
    the fault is not with OE.
    --

    > Thank you I have checked the html setting and that ones right. It's my
    > msn
    > and cableone account, I will check the update on outlook. Thanks
    > --
    > Kat
    >

    > "Alan Smith" wrote:
    >

    >> "Kat" <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow
    >> > me
    >> > forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a
    >> > pic
    >> > it
    >> > doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
    >> > --
    >> > Kat
    >>
    >> Using what program?
    >>
    >> Set blank mail as rich text.
    >>
    >> The problem may be their settings- include your own mail in the cc and
    >> see
    >> if you receive it ok. One of the critical updates changed some settings
    >> block attachments that could possibly be viruses- the security settings
    >> for
    >> Outlook Express may need reducing- get them to check their settings.

    In the program you are using to send the mails look at the help menu, About.
    That tells you what the program is.

    As said earlier you may be sending the picture but your recipients machines
    could be blocking the pictures. They must check their settings too. So, not
    only what program you are using to send the mail is important- the mail
    program they use to receive the mail matters. Their program could be
    stopping receipt of the pictures.
    As said earlier there was an update Microsoft made and it changed the
    default behaviour of Outlook Express so that the attachnents are blocked, so
    the problem may be on their machine not yours.
    As asked- what do you use (Help menu, About tells you) and what program do
    they use to receive the mail (Help, About tells them). If it is Outlook
    Express they need to see if it is that program stopping the receipt of
    potentially dangerous files- they need to reduce the level of security that
    is set.
    If it is there machine doing this then it doesn't matter what you do on your
    machine- it is their machine that is blocking the picture- you can't change
    that but they can. So please find out what they are using- then the setting
    can be described to you. And confirm which program you use.

    In news:da1osc$bu4$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk,
    Alan Smith <alan@hidden.email> typed:

    > In the program you are using to send the mails look at the help
    > menu,
    > About. That tells you what the program is.

    And Kat, please supply the version information you see there,
    too. Also be sure to differentiate between Outlook and Outlook
    Express. Although many people don't realize it, they are two
    different programs.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    > As said earlier you may be sending the picture but your
    > recipients
    > machines could be blocking the pictures. They must check their
    > settings too. So, not only what program you are using to send
    > the
    > mail is important- the mail program they use to receive the
    > mail
    > matters. Their program could be stopping receipt of the
    > pictures.
    > As said earlier there was an update Microsoft made and it
    > changed the
    > default behaviour of Outlook Express so that the attachnents
    > are
    > blocked, so the problem may be on their machine not yours.
    > As asked- what do you use (Help menu, About tells you) and what
    > program do they use to receive the mail (Help, About tells
    > them). If
    > it is Outlook Express they need to see if it is that program
    > stopping
    > the receipt of potentially dangerous files- they need to reduce
    > the
    > level of security that is set.
    > If it is there machine doing this then it doesn't matter what
    > you do
    > on your machine- it is their machine that is blocking the
    > picture-
    > you can't change that but they can. So please find out what
    > they are
    > using- then the setting can be described to you. And confirm
    > which
    > program you use.
    >

    > "Kat" <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Not sure what that is, msn is outlook and cableone I dont know
    >> but
    >> its all coming from the same computer, and yahoo will send the
    >> pics.
    >> Hotmail is msn
    >> do I have to pay for that one to have my pics included?
    >> --
    >> Kat
    >>

    >> "Ken Blake" wrote:
    >>
    >>> In news:76B70ACE-F64D-4CE6-AC88-542BB6AB3F84@microsoft.com,
    >>> Kat <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    >>> No, the account you use doesn't matter. What E-mail
    >>> *software*
    >>> are you using with you msn/cableone accounts?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
    >>> Please reply to the newsgroup

    Kat - have you solved your forwarding mail with pics problem?
    I am having the same delima.
    --
    Joe Tyler

    "Kat" wrote:

    > could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow me to
    > forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a pic it
    > doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
    > --
    > Kat

    It's likely not a sending issue, but one on the receiver's end. Outlook
    Express will by default block attachments that have the potential to
    be dangerous. You have to enable the capability to Open or Save
    attachments via the Tools, Options, Security (TAB). As to sending,
    just check your Sent Items folder and see if the attachment is still
    embedded in your original/transmitted email.

    "Joe Tyler" <JoeTyler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Kat - have you solved your forwarding mail with pics problem?
    > I am having the same delima.
    > --
    > Joe Tyler
    >

    > "Kat" wrote:
    >
    >> could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow
    >> me to
    >> forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a pic
    >> it
    >> doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
    >> --
    >> Kat

    I am also having trouble forwarding email with pictures. I am using outlook
    express. and have internet explorer, When I try to send even to myself only
    the words come out not the pictures. Any help would be appreciated.

    "Joe Tyler" wrote:

    > Kat - have you solved your forwarding mail with pics problem?
    > I am having the same delima.
    > --
    > Joe Tyler
    >

    > "Kat" wrote:
    >
    > > could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow me to
    > > forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a pic it
    > > doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
    > > --
    > > Kat

    Saying which program you use for your mail would be useful if you want help.

    "bumpkin" <bumpkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am also having trouble forwarding email with pictures. I am using outlook
    > express. and have internet explorer, When I try to send even to myself
    > only
    > the words come out not the pictures. Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > "Joe Tyler" wrote:
    >
    >> Kat - have you solved your forwarding mail with pics problem?
    >> I am having the same delima.
    >> --
    >> Joe Tyler
    >>

    >> "Kat" wrote:
    >>
    >> > could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow
    >> > me to
    >> > forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a
    >> > pic it
    >> > doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
    >> > --
    >> > Kat
  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    After sticking his head out from his XP firewall, Alan Smith had this to
    say:

    > Saying which program you use for your mail would be useful if you want
    > help.

    And saying "outlook express" hasn't given you a clue?

    > "bumpkin" <bumpkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>I am also having trouble forwarding email with pictures. I am using
    >>outlook
    >> express. and have internet explorer, When I try to send even to myself
    >> only
    >> the words come out not the pictures. Any help would be appreciated.

    --
    Still running XP (The Toy Operating System eXPerience)?
    Kiddies, don't forget to defrag your hard drive & update your virus

    Ask in a group that has the words OUTLOOK EXPRESS or OE in the title.
    Notice this group lacks those words.

    On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 03:12:01 -0700, "bumpkin"
    <bumpkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I am also having trouble forwarding email with pictures. I am using outlook
    >express. and have internet explorer, When I try to send even to myself only
    >the words come out not the pictures. Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    >"Joe Tyler" wrote:
    >
    >> Kat - have you solved your forwarding mail with pics problem?
    >> I am having the same delima.
    >> --
    >> Joe Tyler
    >>

    >> "Kat" wrote:
    >>
    >> > could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow me to
    >> > forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a pic it
    >> > doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
    >> > --
    >> > Kat
  23. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    I am running Outlook 2003
    when you go to the security tab - look half way down and you will see the
    Download Picture section and a button that says "change automatic download
    settings" I have all the checked boxes checked. The one that you need
    starts with permit downloads in email messages from senders...

    Now once you check this option, just add the person's email address to your
    safe sender's list, so the email message with pictures will be displayed
    --
    CompTechie

    "CompTechie" wrote:

    > let me know which type of machine your using: XP or 2000? I have to pick up
    > my kids. I will check in the morning and help you then. have a good evening
    > --
    > CompTechie
    >

    > "Kat" wrote:
    >
    > > After I go to security there is no download pictures option
    > > --
    > > Kat
    > >

    > > "CompTechie" wrote:
    > >
    > > > if you are speaking about Outlook then goto Tools/options/security/download
    > > > pictures: change auto download settings - make sure the permit downloads in
    > > > email messages... (2nd Option) is checked - then add that person's email
    > > > address to your safe senders/safe recipients lists
    > > > --
    > > > CompTechie

Microsoft Windows XP