Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
June 30, 2005 4:39:12 PM

could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow me to
forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a pic it
doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
--
Kat

More about : forwarding mail pictures

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 4:44:37 PM

Outlook Express? Tools | Options | Send | HTML Settings. Check: Send
pictures with messages. And make sure HTML is selected for your Mail Sending
format.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP - (IE/OE)

"Kat" <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow me
> forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a pic
> it
> doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
> --
> Kat
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 5:07:06 PM

if you are speaking about Outlook then goto Tools/options/security/download
pictures: change auto download settings - make sure the permit downloads in
email messages... (2nd Option) is checked - then add that person's email
address to your safe senders/safe recipients lists
--
CompTechie

"Kat" wrote:

> could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow me to
> forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a pic it
> doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
> --
> Kat
Related resources
June 30, 2005 5:11:03 PM

I have done all that and its all as you say. I can send them from work which
is outlook but my msn and cableone account wont let me, any ideas?
--
Kat

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> Outlook Express? Tools | Options | Send | HTML Settings. Check: Send
> pictures with messages. And make sure HTML is selected for your Mail Sending
> format.
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
> ~IB-CA~
>
> "Kat" <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow me
> > forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a pic
> > it
> > doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
> > --
> > Kat

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 5:14:33 PM

In news:63ADF059-D76E-4716-826C-17A25C1819D3@microsoft.com,
Kat <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that
> won't
> allow me to forward mail with pictures. People get the text
> but if
> it includes a pic it doesnt show up. I would be so grateful
> for some
> advice. Thanks

The answer to your question depends on what E-mail client you're
using, and what E-mail client the recipient is using, as well as
what the settings are in these programs. For more help, start by
telling us something about what E-mail clients are involved.

Please reply to the newsgroup
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 5:15:31 PM

MS Outlook newsgroup:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/d...

>I have done all that and its all as you say. I can send them from work
>which
> is outlook but my msn and cableone account wont let me, any ideas?
> --
> Kat
>

> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>
>> Outlook Express? Tools | Options | Send | HTML Settings. Check: Send
>> pictures with messages. And make sure HTML is selected for your Mail
>> Sending
>> format.
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
>> ~IB-CA~
>>
>> "Kat" <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow
>> > me
>> > forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a
>> > pic
>> > it
>> > doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
>> > --
>> > Kat

June 30, 2005 5:29:06 PM

It's when I send from my msn account and my cableone account. My work
account is outlook and that one works just fine.
--
Kat

"Ken Blake" wrote:

> In news:63ADF059-D76E-4716-826C-17A25C1819D3@microsoft.com,
> Kat <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>
> > could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that
> > won't
> > allow me to forward mail with pictures. People get the text
> > but if
> > it includes a pic it doesnt show up. I would be so grateful
> > for some
> > advice. Thanks
>

> The answer to your question depends on what E-mail client you're
> using, and what E-mail client the recipient is using, as well as
> what the settings are in these programs. For more help, start by
> telling us something about what E-mail clients are involved.

> Please reply to the newsgroup

June 30, 2005 5:34:02 PM

After I go to security there is no download pictures option
--
Kat

"CompTechie" wrote:

> if you are speaking about Outlook then goto Tools/options/security/download
> pictures: change auto download settings - make sure the permit downloads in
> email messages... (2nd Option) is checked - then add that person's email
> address to your safe senders/safe recipients lists
> --
> CompTechie
>

> "Kat" wrote:
>
> > could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow me to
> > forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a pic it
> > doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
> > --
> > Kat
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 5:54:04 PM

In news:76B70ACE-F64D-4CE6-AC88-542BB6AB3F84@microsoft.com,
Kat <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> It's when I send from my msn account and my cableone account.
> My work
> account is outlook and that one works just fine.

No, the account you use doesn't matter. What E-mail *software*
are you using with you msn/cableone accounts?

Please reply to the newsgroup

>> In news:63ADF059-D76E-4716-826C-17A25C1819D3@microsoft.com,
>> Kat <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>
>>> could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that
>>> won't
>>> allow me to forward mail with pictures. People get the text
>>> but if
>>> it includes a pic it doesnt show up. I would be so grateful
>>> for some
>>> advice. Thanks
>>

>> The answer to your question depends on what E-mail client
>> you're
>> using, and what E-mail client the recipient is using, as well
>> as
>> what the settings are in these programs. For more help, start
>> by
>> telling us something about what E-mail clients are involved.
>>
>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 6:06:03 PM

let me know which type of machine your using: XP or 2000? I have to pick up
my kids. I will check in the morning and help you then. have a good evening
--
CompTechie

"Kat" wrote:

> After I go to security there is no download pictures option
> --
> Kat
>

> "CompTechie" wrote:
>
> > if you are speaking about Outlook then goto Tools/options/security/download
> > pictures: change auto download settings - make sure the permit downloads in
> > email messages... (2nd Option) is checked - then add that person's email
> > address to your safe senders/safe recipients lists
> > --
> > CompTechie
> >

> > "Kat" wrote:
> >
> > > could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow me to
> > > forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a pic it
> > > doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
> > > --
> > > Kat
June 30, 2005 6:09:05 PM

Not sure what that is, msn is outlook and cableone I dont know but its all
coming from the same computer, and yahoo will send the pics. Hotmail is msn
do I have to pay for that one to have my pics included?
--
Kat

"Ken Blake" wrote:

> In news:76B70ACE-F64D-4CE6-AC88-542BB6AB3F84@microsoft.com,
> Kat <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>
> > It's when I send from my msn account and my cableone account.
> > My work
> > account is outlook and that one works just fine.
>

> No, the account you use doesn't matter. What E-mail *software*
> are you using with you msn/cableone accounts?

> Please reply to the newsgroup
>

> >> In news:63ADF059-D76E-4716-826C-17A25C1819D3@microsoft.com,
> >> Kat <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> >> The answer to your question depends on what E-mail client
> >> you're
> >> using, and what E-mail client the recipient is using, as well
> >> as
> >> what the settings are in these programs. For more help, start
> >> by
> >> telling us something about what E-mail clients are involved.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the newsgroup

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 11:46:03 PM

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:39:12 -0700, Kat
<Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow me to
>forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a pic it
>doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks

This is the wrong place to ask questions like this. This group is for
the XP OS, and and since the OS has no ability to send mail, the
question is off-topic.

Post to a group that deals with your news client.
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 12:51:51 AM

"Kat" <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow me
> forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a pic
> it
> doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
> --
> Kat

Using what program?

Set blank mail as rich text.

The problem may be their settings- include your own mail in the cc and see
if you receive it ok. One of the critical updates changed some settings to
block attachments that could possibly be viruses- the security settings for
Outlook Express may need reducing- get them to check their settings.
July 1, 2005 12:51:52 AM

Thank you I have checked the html setting and that ones right. It's my msn
and cableone account, I will check the update on outlook. Thanks
--
Kat

"Alan Smith" wrote:

> "Kat" <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow me
> > forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a pic
> > it
> > doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
> > --
> > Kat
>
> Using what program?
>
> Set blank mail as rich text.
>
> The problem may be their settings- include your own mail in the cc and see
> if you receive it ok. One of the critical updates changed some settings to
> block attachments that could possibly be viruses- the security settings for
> Outlook Express may need reducing- get them to check their settings.

Anonymous
July 1, 2005 12:51:53 AM

Outlook, or Outlook Express? Check Sent Items. If the picture is there, than
the fault is not with OE.
--

> Thank you I have checked the html setting and that ones right. It's my
> msn
> and cableone account, I will check the update on outlook. Thanks
> --
> Kat
>

> "Alan Smith" wrote:
>

>> "Kat" <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow
>> > me
>> > forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a
>> > pic
>> > it
>> > doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
>> > --
>> > Kat
>>
>> Using what program?
>>
>> Set blank mail as rich text.
>>
>> The problem may be their settings- include your own mail in the cc and
>> see
>> if you receive it ok. One of the critical updates changed some settings
>> block attachments that could possibly be viruses- the security settings
>> for
>> Outlook Express may need reducing- get them to check their settings.

Anonymous
July 1, 2005 2:40:27 AM

In the program you are using to send the mails look at the help menu, About.
That tells you what the program is.

As said earlier you may be sending the picture but your recipients machines
could be blocking the pictures. They must check their settings too. So, not
only what program you are using to send the mail is important- the mail
program they use to receive the mail matters. Their program could be
stopping receipt of the pictures.
As said earlier there was an update Microsoft made and it changed the
default behaviour of Outlook Express so that the attachnents are blocked, so
the problem may be on their machine not yours.
As asked- what do you use (Help menu, About tells you) and what program do
they use to receive the mail (Help, About tells them). If it is Outlook
Express they need to see if it is that program stopping the receipt of
potentially dangerous files- they need to reduce the level of security that
is set.
If it is there machine doing this then it doesn't matter what you do on your
machine- it is their machine that is blocking the picture- you can't change
that but they can. So please find out what they are using- then the setting
can be described to you. And confirm which program you use.

> Not sure what that is, msn is outlook and cableone I dont know but its all
> coming from the same computer, and yahoo will send the pics. Hotmail is
> msn
> do I have to pay for that one to have my pics included?
> --
> Kat
>

> "Ken Blake" wrote:
>
>> In news:76B70ACE-F64D-4CE6-AC88-542BB6AB3F84@microsoft.com,
>> Kat <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>
>> > It's when I send from my msn account and my cableone account.
>> > My work
>> > account is outlook and that one works just fine.
>>

>> No, the account you use doesn't matter. What E-mail *software*
>> are you using with you msn/cableone accounts?
>>
>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup

Anonymous
July 1, 2005 2:40:28 AM

In news:D a1osc$bu4$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk,
Alan Smith <alan@hidden.email> typed:

> In the program you are using to send the mails look at the help
> menu,
> About. That tells you what the program is.

And Kat, please supply the version information you see there,
too. Also be sure to differentiate between Outlook and Outlook
Express. Although many people don't realize it, they are two
different programs.

Please reply to the newsgroup

> As said earlier you may be sending the picture but your
> recipients
> machines could be blocking the pictures. They must check their
> settings too. So, not only what program you are using to send
> the
> mail is important- the mail program they use to receive the
> mail
> matters. Their program could be stopping receipt of the
> pictures.
> As said earlier there was an update Microsoft made and it
> changed the
> default behaviour of Outlook Express so that the attachnents
> are
> blocked, so the problem may be on their machine not yours.
> As asked- what do you use (Help menu, About tells you) and what
> program do they use to receive the mail (Help, About tells
> them). If
> it is Outlook Express they need to see if it is that program
> stopping
> the receipt of potentially dangerous files- they need to reduce
> the
> level of security that is set.
> If it is there machine doing this then it doesn't matter what
> you do
> on your machine- it is their machine that is blocking the
> picture-
> you can't change that but they can. So please find out what
> they are
> using- then the setting can be described to you. And confirm
> which
> program you use.
>

> "Kat" <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Not sure what that is, msn is outlook and cableone I dont know
>> but
>> its all coming from the same computer, and yahoo will send the
>> pics.
>> Hotmail is msn
>> do I have to pay for that one to have my pics included?
>> --
>> Kat
>>

>> "Ken Blake" wrote:
>>
>>> In news:76B70ACE-F64D-4CE6-AC88-542BB6AB3F84@microsoft.com,
>>> Kat <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

>>> No, the account you use doesn't matter. What E-mail
>>> *software*
>>> are you using with you msn/cableone accounts?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
>>> Please reply to the newsgroup

Anonymous
July 10, 2005 1:48:01 PM

Kat - have you solved your forwarding mail with pics problem?
I am having the same delima.
--
Joe Tyler

"Kat" wrote:

> could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow me to
> forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a pic it
> doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
> --
> Kat
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 4:53:33 PM

It's likely not a sending issue, but one on the receiver's end. Outlook
Express will by default block attachments that have the potential to
be dangerous. You have to enable the capability to Open or Save
attachments via the Tools, Options, Security (TAB). As to sending,
just check your Sent Items folder and see if the attachment is still
embedded in your original/transmitted email.

"Joe Tyler" <JoeTyler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Kat - have you solved your forwarding mail with pics problem?
> I am having the same delima.
> --
> Joe Tyler
>

> "Kat" wrote:
>
>> could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow
>> me to
>> forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a pic
>> it
>> doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
>> --
>> Kat
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 7:12:01 AM

I am also having trouble forwarding email with pictures. I am using outlook
express. and have internet explorer, When I try to send even to myself only
the words come out not the pictures. Any help would be appreciated.

"Joe Tyler" wrote:

> Kat - have you solved your forwarding mail with pics problem?
> I am having the same delima.
> --
> Joe Tyler
>

> "Kat" wrote:
>
> > could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow me to
> > forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a pic it
> > doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
> > --
> > Kat
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 4:57:41 PM

Saying which program you use for your mail would be useful if you want help.

"bumpkin" <bumpkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am also having trouble forwarding email with pictures. I am using outlook
> express. and have internet explorer, When I try to send even to myself
> only
> the words come out not the pictures. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> "Joe Tyler" wrote:
>
>> Kat - have you solved your forwarding mail with pics problem?
>> I am having the same delima.
>> --
>> Joe Tyler
>>

>> "Kat" wrote:
>>
>> > could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow
>> > me to
>> > forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a
>> > pic it
>> > doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
>> > --
>> > Kat
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 10:08:22 PM

After sticking his head out from his XP firewall, Alan Smith had this to
say:

> Saying which program you use for your mail would be useful if you want
> help.

And saying "outlook express" hasn't given you a clue?

> "bumpkin" <bumpkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I am also having trouble forwarding email with pictures. I am using
>>outlook
>> express. and have internet explorer, When I try to send even to myself
>> only
>> the words come out not the pictures. Any help would be appreciated.

--
Still running XP (The Toy Operating System eXPerience)?
Kiddies, don't forget to defrag your hard drive & update your virus

Ask in a group that has the words OUTLOOK EXPRESS or OE in the title.
Notice this group lacks those words.

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 03:12:01 -0700, "bumpkin"
<bumpkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am also having trouble forwarding email with pictures. I am using outlook
>express. and have internet explorer, When I try to send even to myself only
>the words come out not the pictures. Any help would be appreciated.
>
>"Joe Tyler" wrote:
>
>> Kat - have you solved your forwarding mail with pics problem?
>> I am having the same delima.
>> --
>> Joe Tyler
>>

>> "Kat" wrote:
>>
>> > could someone please tell me what setting I have wrong that won't allow me to
>> > forward mail with pictures. People get the text but if it includes a pic it
>> > doesnt show up. I would be so grateful for some advice. Thanks
>> > --
>> > Kat
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 3:20:02 PM

I am running Outlook 2003
when you go to the security tab - look half way down and you will see the
Download Picture section and a button that says "change automatic download
settings" I have all the checked boxes checked. The one that you need
starts with permit downloads in email messages from senders...

Now once you check this option, just add the person's email address to your
safe sender's list, so the email message with pictures will be displayed
--
CompTechie

!