Dot s wifi cant turn on wifi

oddbubble

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
Today I wiped and and did a clean windows 7 install on a packard bell dot s, and then i had to get the wifi and display drivers from the packard bell website they installed fine.

But then the wifi cut out and I cant seam to turn it back on, according to the manual FN + F2 should toggle wifi on and off but this does not seam to be working.
all i get when I chick on the signal bar in the right hand corner is no available networks.

And when I run windows diagnostics it tells me to turn on the wlan network adapter(or something like that)

so i was wondering as the keyboard short cut dont work, is there a way i can turn it on using a command line or anything really

many thanks
oddbubble

svendudink

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
hey oddbubble,

i have the same problem with my PB Dot S, it actually looks like its turned on but i cant get any networks, i will try some other tricks to get my network working,
what kind of driver do you use? i noticed there might also be slight differences in the models, my DOT-s uses the intel wifi link 1000 what is your laptop using?

greetings sven

In the WiFi utility that should be provided with the driver, there should be a "tun onr and off" option for the wireless. I have run into issues with this before. Also if it's a laptop, check if there is a physical switch for the wifi hardware.

oddbubble

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
In the end I just restored it from a system image that I had forgotten I backed up, then upgraded it to ultimate, after a bit of digging around I found out it was quite a common problem with the dot s it only seams to like the OS(+ what PB call enhancements) it came with.

Ward5x5

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012

I have the same issue with my Dot S, but I don't have any recovery discs with it. Is there no way to get the wireless adapter working properly?

flumrik

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
I'm having the exact same problems.
I've installed Win7 and after that, I cant tturn on wifi with FN + F3
And I've also downloaded the drivers for wireless access on PB website

bleibbrand

Honorable
Oct 20, 2012
I solved the problem with my Dot S by entering the device maintenance and activating the "Atheros AR5B95 Wireless Network Adapter. It launched and the Microsoft Virtual WiFiMiniport-adapter was added to th list. he LED went on. Fn + F3 only showed the on and off logo's for WiFi but didn't really do something on a hardware level.

computerfreak_09

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012

How did u do that???
help me please