Wierd Laptop Symptom Diagnosis Needed

HP-Laptop User

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Hello Tom's community,

I have a strange condition occurring to my laptop with win 7 on it. The symptom started after I performed a download to speed up my laptop's streaming video play lag (stutter). After the download from Windows (supposedly) I ended up with a Babylon search engine that was awful to get off my Laptop. I could not kill this thing.
I deleted it from my uninstall control panel options. I had a chat session with a Babylon reprsentative; who ended up stopping talking to me over this. He simply quit replying in the middle of the chat when I said everthing he instructed me to do to uninstall it wasn't working. I now have a strange left click key issue occurring.
It does not register the click; (but only on the internet when selecting a navigation icon item to click on to go somewhere else.) However; the left click works flawlessly on every function except this condition. Scroll bars work now that I uninstalled Firefox that Babylon searh was piggybacking on. I checked my left click key function out; by trying a wireless mouse and the symptom is still there. I had to uninstall firefox completely to get rid of Babylon and then Load IE9 to stop Babylon from taking up 60% of my view screen in a second view window. I have installed Free Spybot Search and Destroy 1.6.2 and I still have this wierd left key not working only when I am on certain internet sights that I trust.
I can use a right click; and then select open when the left click doesn't work, but this is a default method of left clicking. There is something really wrong going on here. When I left click navigation within a particular e-mail I use (after my password has been recognized by this trusted site;) and left click works on everything I had done up to that point, nothing happens.
I have not wiped my hard drive and reloaded Win7 yet because; that is my absolute final recourse here. Has anyone encountered this that knows what the heck is going on here?

Sounds like a virus. or the guy on the other side of the phone was an idot. i would start by doing a few online anti virus scans. if it finds something write it down what is is. then get a new free anti virus like mse or avaste. make sure your older anti virus is uninstalled. then boot into safe mode and try and remove the virus. most of these drive buy virus will reload themself from msconfig line in the start up tab. look at that tab and turn everything off except your anti virus and video driver. you then have to google the virus name to delete the stuff it drops in the registry.

HP-Laptop User

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012

Thanks for efforts, your guidance and advice of actions to take to remove this hidden controller issue on my laptop. Have a Great Day !