Closed

Help to recover over written excel file

I had an excel file called BOOKS on my desktop and the same on a USB storage
device. The one on my desktop was the latest and I have mistakenly moved the
old file from the USB key to the desk top and said yes to replace the file
with the same name. Can i get the other one back?
4 answers Last reply
More about help recover written excel file

    Office will create backup files of previous version IF you
    have set that in the program. Also, the USB drive web site
    may offer recovery utilities.

    some support

    http://www.google.com/search?biw=961&hl=en&q=data+recovery

    sally wrote:

    > I had an excel file called BOOKS on my desktop and the same on a USB storage
    > device. The one on my desktop was the latest and I have mistakenly moved the
    > old file from the USB key to the desk top and said yes to replace the file
    > with the same name. Can i get the other one back?
  3. Hi,

    Just post to share my experience. I have just over writen an excel file, too. I searched on the net and finally tried a tool called Advanced Excel Repair. It successfully recovered my xls file. Its homepage is http://www.datanumen.com/aer/ It is free, but I think one can have a try if there is no choice.

    Alan
  4. This topic has been closed by Buwish

Desktops Excel USB Windows XP