Closed

Help to recover over written excel file

June 30, 2005 5:38:03 PM

I had an excel file called BOOKS on my desktop and the same on a USB storage
device. The one on my desktop was the latest and I have mistakenly moved the
old file from the USB key to the desk top and said yes to replace the file
with the same name. Can i get the other one back?
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 7:55:10 PM

Office will create backup files of previous version IF you
have set that in the program. Also, the USB drive web site
may offer recovery utilities.

some support

"sally" <sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I had an excel file called BOOKS on my desktop and the same
on a USB storage
| device. The one on my desktop was the latest and I have
mistakenly moved the
| old file from the USB key to the desk top and said yes to
replace the file
| with the same name. Can i get the other one back?
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 8:01:04 PM

http://www.google.com/search?biw=961&hl=en&q=data+recov...

sally wrote:

> I had an excel file called BOOKS on my desktop and the same on a USB storage
> device. The one on my desktop was the latest and I have mistakenly moved the
> old file from the USB key to the desk top and said yes to replace the file
> with the same name. Can i get the other one back?
Related resources
May 20, 2008 1:24:48 PM

Hi,

Just post to share my experience. I have just over writen an excel file, too. I searched on the net and finally tried a tool called Advanced Excel Repair. It successfully recovered my xls file. Its homepage is http://www.datanumen.com/aer/ It is free, but I think one can have a try if there is no choice.

Alan
March 13, 2011 1:35:48 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!