Dell Studio 1737 running windows 7.

kaihirst

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Hi ladies and gents.

Got a bit of a problem thats completely perplexing me to the point insanity. Building a custom 1737 laptop with a custom lid, motherboard, ram, cpu, everything.

Problem 1.. Everytime you go near the lid and even slightly flex it to shut it, the system will shut down. Ive disabled all actions on the power management to do with the lid being put up and down, but still nothing...

Problem 2. Sound. Ive installed the IDT drivers and it shows that sound is being played and drivers are installed via the playback devices, and the corner speaker icon, it plays through th ejack and the HDMI audio, but not through the speakers.. Ive changed the speakers for new ones and still nothing. Have uninstalled the driver adn used the standard microsoft HD audio codec and still the same problme occurs.

Any insights or can anybody shed any light on these two rather annoying problems...

Thanks

kaihirst

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Basically, when you move the lid forward, itll go into standby. Shut the lid altogether itll override the operating system adn force shutdown, so when you boot it up, windows goes through the usual " did not shut down properly". Wheres the "G" sensor on the lid? And could that have anything to do with it?

kaihirst

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
ok, its not doing either of them. So is there another line of investigation. What about the wifi cables. Could this have something to do with it?

pepuhz

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
SOLVED... Short feed on the board where the GPU and the cap management is.
how did you fix this? I am having the same issue right now and wrecking my brain trying to fix it.

stat_88

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
I had the same problem and it was the power buttons and wifi catchers. There is a how to fix on youtube. I replaced mine and now it works fine.

Florence19

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012
Basically, when you move the lid forward, itll go into standby.