File listing

When I do a directory listing the small or large icons show the files and
directories. What I like to see is the detail listing of everydirectory when
I bring it up without having to use the pull down. Is there somewhere in the
options that I can set how I would like to view each directory listing>
2 answers Last reply
More about file listing

    "Daniell" <Daniell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I do a directory listing the small or large icons show the files and
    > directories. What I like to see is the detail listing of everydirectory
    > when
    > I bring it up without having to use the pull down. Is there somewhere in
    > the
    > options that I can set how I would like to view each directory listing>

    Assuming you're using Windows Explorer, and you want to use detail listing
    on every folder,

    Set up the detail-listing view.
    Select Tools>Folder Options>View>Apply to all folders

    HTH

    ....Bill

    Yes I am using the Windows Explorer, I will give that a try thanks.

    "billious" wrote:

    > "Daniell" <Daniell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > When I do a directory listing the small or large icons show the files and
    > > directories. What I like to see is the detail listing of everydirectory
    > > when
    > > I bring it up without having to use the pull down. Is there somewhere in
    > > the
    > > options that I can set how I would like to view each directory listing>
    >
    > Assuming you're using Windows Explorer, and you want to use detail listing
    > on every folder,
    >
    > Set up the detail-listing view.
    > Select Tools>Folder Options>View>Apply to all folders
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > ....Bill

Microsoft Icons Windows XP