Status
Not open for further replies.

TenchiRyokoMuyo

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
I'm wondering your opinions and explanations on this problem I've been having. I own a Toshiba Satellite P205-S7806 laptop. Not the best, but it was the best in my price range. The laptop has an IGMA (Intel Graphics Media Accelerator) X 3100 card in it. Nowhere on the Toshiba website, does it say there is anything different about this card. It simply says it is what it is, and is 64 to 241 MB shared memory. The IGMA X3100 card is supposed to support OpenGL 2.0, as stated on many, many websites. My Toshiba does not. I have the most up to date drivers. I have attempted to use drivers from the Intel website, however it refuses to work on my laptop, stating I have to use Toshiba drivers. This has prevented me from accessing certain programs (Mainly games) that use OpenGL 2.0

Is there a specific reason, that my card, won't support OpenGL 2.0? Is it wrong for Toshiba to advertise that my laptop is this specific card, but fails to mention that it does not have all the features available as it should?

Status
Not open for further replies.