The specified printer driver is currently in use

Trying to remove a driver using the tool under "Printers and Faxes"; File;
Print Server Properties; Drivers tab. Is giving me this error:

"Unable to remove [driver]. The specified printer driver is currently in use."

I have deleted the printers that use this driver and have removed references
to this driver in the registry.

Any thoughts?

"Refurb Mike" <Refurb Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Trying to remove a driver using the tool under "Printers and Faxes"; File;
>Print Server Properties; Drivers tab. Is giving me this error:
>
>"Unable to remove [driver]. The specified printer driver is currently in use."

Retry from the Safe Mode. See "A Description of the Safe Boot Mode
Options in Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315222).

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233