will file transfer and setting wizard save contacts from o..

Hi all,
I am just about to switch to 65bit xp and was wondering two things. If I use
the file transfer and setting wizard will it allow me to save contacts from
outlook? Secondly, is it possible to use the same wizard from a normal XP
computer to the new 64bit xp. In other words if I switch os from xp 32bit to
xp 64bit will the disc I save work in the 64bit.
Thanks so much and I would appreciate a quick response as I am waiting on
the answer as to wether or not I am doing this.
Todd
3 answers Last reply
More about will file transfer setting wizard save contacts

    You need an "Optional" Windows Update that provides the
    ability to port 32-Bit FAST data into a 64-Bit setup. Use
    the new Update.Microsoft.Com website, choose Custom
    install and check the optional component listing for the update.

    "imapfsr" <imapfsr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I am just about to switch to 65bit xp and was wondering two things. If I
    > use
    > the file transfer and setting wizard will it allow me to save contacts
    > from
    > outlook? Secondly, is it possible to use the same wizard from a normal XP
    > computer to the new 64bit xp. In other words if I switch os from xp 32bit
    > xp 64bit will the disc I save work in the 64bit.
    > Thanks so much and I would appreciate a quick response as I am waiting on
    > the answer as to wether or not I am doing this.
    > Todd

    Thanks for the quick response!
    Todd

    imapfsr wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > I am just about to switch to 65bit xp and was wondering two things. If I use
    > the file transfer and setting wizard will it allow me to save contacts from
    > outlook? Secondly, is it possible to use the same wizard from a normal XP
    > computer to the new 64bit xp. In other words if I switch os from xp 32bit to
    > xp 64bit will the disc I save work in the 64bit.
    > Thanks so much and I would appreciate a quick response as I am waiting on
    > the answer as to wether or not I am doing this.
    > Todd

    Also note there is a 64bit newsgroup:

    --
    Rock