will file transfer and setting wizard save contacts from o..

June 30, 2005 7:31:03 PM

Hi all,
I am just about to switch to 65bit xp and was wondering two things. If I use
the file transfer and setting wizard will it allow me to save contacts from
outlook? Secondly, is it possible to use the same wizard from a normal XP
computer to the new 64bit xp. In other words if I switch os from xp 32bit to
xp 64bit will the disc I save work in the 64bit.
Thanks so much and I would appreciate a quick response as I am waiting on
the answer as to wether or not I am doing this.
Todd
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 10:37:59 PM

You need an "Optional" Windows Update that provides the
ability to port 32-Bit FAST data into a 64-Bit setup. Use
the new Update.Microsoft.Com website, choose Custom
install and check the optional component listing for the update.

"imapfsr" <imapfsr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I am just about to switch to 65bit xp and was wondering two things. If I
> use
> the file transfer and setting wizard will it allow me to save contacts
> from
> outlook? Secondly, is it possible to use the same wizard from a normal XP
> computer to the new 64bit xp. In other words if I switch os from xp 32bit
> xp 64bit will the disc I save work in the 64bit.
> Thanks so much and I would appreciate a quick response as I am waiting on
> the answer as to wether or not I am doing this.
> Todd
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 10:38:00 PM

Thanks for the quick response!
Todd

"R. McCarty" wrote:

> You need an "Optional" Windows Update that provides the
> ability to port 32-Bit FAST data into a 64-Bit setup. Use
> the new Update.Microsoft.Com website, choose Custom
> install and check the optional component listing for the update.
>
> "imapfsr" <imapfsr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> > I am just about to switch to 65bit xp and was wondering two things. If I
> > use
> > the file transfer and setting wizard will it allow me to save contacts
> > from
> > outlook? Secondly, is it possible to use the same wizard from a normal XP
> > computer to the new 64bit xp. In other words if I switch os from xp 32bit
> > xp 64bit will the disc I save work in the 64bit.
> > Thanks so much and I would appreciate a quick response as I am waiting on
> > the answer as to wether or not I am doing this.
> > Todd

July 1, 2005 2:44:18 AM

imapfsr wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am just about to switch to 65bit xp and was wondering two things. If I use
> the file transfer and setting wizard will it allow me to save contacts from
> outlook? Secondly, is it possible to use the same wizard from a normal XP
> computer to the new 64bit xp. In other words if I switch os from xp 32bit to
> xp 64bit will the disc I save work in the 64bit.
> Thanks so much and I would appreciate a quick response as I am waiting on
> the answer as to wether or not I am doing this.
> Todd

Also note there is a 64bit newsgroup:

--
Rock