Volume Problem

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Im running soundblaster Audigy (YEP, First one) and a Creative inspire 5700 digital and it was working great until I reinstall windows. Now I am only getting half the volume than before. I check the volume controls on the Mixer settings and the Play contol volume that came with windows is all the way up; yet half the volume. Help please!

"If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a
wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!"

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
This is not good. Movies are not like they used to be. :(

wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!"

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Try reinstalling windows again...

Wow, d00d, I'd love to help, but that would simply encourage you to buy more Creative products.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
This is before I knew better. Well. Any ideas. Another windows install is out of the question.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Mine was a Platinum and had all kinds of driver issues. I can't remember everything I tried, but every time the application would do something screwy I'd have to try several things to get it working OK again.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Yeah. I just figured it out. Turns out that my spakers dont agree with the Bass crossover Freq that was preset. I dissabled it and now its jammin. I've also heard that the digital out on the card is junk. Is that true? My speakers use the digital out and im wondering if im getting everything I can out of my card.