Task Bar - can't put check in 'quick launch'

When I right click the taskbar to obtain the 'quick launch' task bar,
the taskbar becomes three times the height that it normally is.
Way on the right side the calendar takes 3 lines. I cannot move this
section which holds the 'running' icons to the left in order to make
the section larger left to right rather than larger in height.
Fix? tia
5 answers Last reply
More about task check quick launch

    Have you tried to put your mouse pointer over the top line of the task bar
    left clic hold and drag down the line to compress the taskbar and release.
    Hope it work for you. Do not know where your icons will set on it though
    --
    XP home , Office 97

    any or all responses are gratefully accepted and thank you for your time

    Running Compaq P3, 500Mhz
    WIN XP home, Office 97
    Dialup (no choice here)

    Shelly F wrote:
    > When I right click the taskbar to obtain the 'quick launch' task bar,
    > the taskbar becomes three times the height that it normally is.
    > Way on the right side the calendar takes 3 lines. I cannot move this
    > section which holds the 'running' icons to the left in order to make
    > the section larger left to right rather than larger in height.
    > Fix? tia

    Sounds like your Taskbar is locked. To unlock it, right-click the
    Taskbar and toggle "Lock the Taskbar".

    by right-clicking the taskbar and unchecking 'Lock the Taskbar',you
    adjust the taskbar to the normal by dragging,then again lock the taskbar.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    ..
    Shelly F wrote:
    > When I right click the taskbar to obtain the 'quick launch' task bar,
    > the taskbar becomes three times the height that it normally is.
    > Way on the right side the calendar takes 3 lines. I cannot move this
    > section which holds the 'running' icons to the left in order to make
    > the section larger left to right rather than larger in height.
    > Fix? tia

    On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 19:26:00 -0700, Shelly F
    <shellyfnospam@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >When I right click the taskbar to obtain the 'quick launch' task bar,
    >the taskbar becomes three times the height that it normally is.
    >Way on the right side the calendar takes 3 lines. I cannot move this
    >section which holds the 'running' icons to the left in order to make
    >the section larger left to right rather than larger in height.
    >Fix? tia

    Thanx for the assistance re. unlock the task bar. The task bar is
    unlocked. I cannot get less than a height of about 3 lines when I add
    the 'quick launch' task bar. When unlocked I can get a hidden taskbar,
    not not the usual thin taskbar height.

    try this site and clic edit>find and type "tasbar" and check them all and run
    the one the you think would help you best and let me know if it work for you
    please
    --

    "Shelly F" wrote:

    > On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 19:26:00 -0700, Shelly F
    > <shellyfnospam@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >When I right click the taskbar to obtain the 'quick launch' task bar,
    > >the taskbar becomes three times the height that it normally is.
    > >Way on the right side the calendar takes 3 lines. I cannot move this
    > >section which holds the 'running' icons to the left in order to make
    > >the section larger left to right rather than larger in height.
    > >Fix? tia
    >
    > Thanx for the assistance re. unlock the task bar. The task bar is
    > unlocked. I cannot get less than a height of about 3 lines when I add
    > the 'quick launch' task bar. When unlocked I can get a hidden taskbar,
    > not not the usual thin taskbar height.

Taskbar Microsoft Quick Launch Windows XP