cannot find "shell.dll" still

as mentioned before, I get the eror message "connot find shell.dll" and
"missing or corrupt dll's" when i try to install some things."cannot find
shell.dll"on reboot.I have used, "spybot","ad-aware","registy
mechanic","error nuker" and "microsoft baseline security analyzer" ,and
nothing can fix or even find the problem.I have done a search for it and it
is there, a bunch of 'em. HELP!
8 answers Last reply
More about cannot find shell still

    Run sfc /scannow. this should fix is the file is corrupted.
    --
    JonyBrv

    "Damian" wrote:

    > as mentioned before, I get the eror message "connot find shell.dll" and
    > "missing or corrupt dll's" when i try to install some things."cannot find
    > shell.dll"on reboot.I have used, "spybot","ad-aware","registy
    > mechanic","error nuker" and "microsoft baseline security analyzer" ,and
    > nothing can fix or even find the problem.I have done a search for it and it
    > is there, a bunch of 'em. HELP!

    did as you said and it says "windows cannot find.make sure...".....etc

    "Jonybrv" wrote:

    > Run sfc /scannow. this should fix is the file is corrupted.
    > --
    > JonyBrv
    >

    > "Damian" wrote:
    >
    > > as mentioned before, I get the eror message "connot find shell.dll" and
    > > "missing or corrupt dll's" when i try to install some things."cannot find
    > > shell.dll"on reboot.I have used, "spybot","ad-aware","registy
    > > mechanic","error nuker" and "microsoft baseline security analyzer" ,and
    > > nothing can fix or even find the problem.I have done a search for it and it
    > > is there, a bunch of 'em. HELP!

    You need to leave a space between "sfc" and "/scannow"
    --
    JonyBrv

    "Damian" wrote:

    > did as you said and it says "windows cannot find.make sure...".....etc
    >
    > "Jonybrv" wrote:
    >
    > > Run sfc /scannow. this should fix is the file is corrupted.
    > > --
    > > JonyBrv
    > >

    > > "Damian" wrote:
    > >
    > > > as mentioned before, I get the eror message "connot find shell.dll" and
    > > > "missing or corrupt dll's" when i try to install some things."cannot find
    > > > shell.dll"on reboot.I have used, "spybot","ad-aware","registy
    > > > mechanic","error nuker" and "microsoft baseline security analyzer" ,and
    > > > nothing can fix or even find the problem.I have done a search for it and it
    > > > is there, a bunch of 'em. HELP!

    O.K. the space worked . It now says that it needs to install the dll's and to
    insert my windows xp home edition disk. did that , but what am i suppossed to
    click on ,"add" "install" or what?

    "Jonybrv" wrote:

    > You need to leave a space between "sfc" and "/scannow"
    > --
    > JonyBrv
    >

    > "Damian" wrote:
    >
    > > did as you said and it says "windows cannot find.make sure...".....etc
    > >
    > > "Jonybrv" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Run sfc /scannow. this should fix is the file is corrupted.
    > > > --
    > > > JonyBrv

    Did you follow the advice that was given to you in your previous posting

    --
    Peter

    "Damian" <Damian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83314C52-5A68-4B24-ADC7-2442C74A1749@microsoft.com...
    > as mentioned before, I get the eror message "connot find shell.dll" and
    > "missing or corrupt dll's" when i try to install some things."cannot find
    > shell.dll"on reboot.I have used, "spybot","ad-aware","registy
    > mechanic","error nuker" and "microsoft baseline security analyzer" ,and
    > nothing can fix or even find the problem.I have done a search for it and it
    > is there, a bunch of 'em. HELP!

    yes I did

    "Peter Foldes" wrote:

    > Did you follow the advice that was given to you in your previous posting
    >
    > --
    > Peter

    > "Damian" <Damian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83314C52-5A68-4B24-ADC7-2442C74A1749@microsoft.com...
    > > as mentioned before, I get the eror message "connot find shell.dll" and
    > > "missing or corrupt dll's" when i try to install some things."cannot find
    > > shell.dll"on reboot.I have used, "spybot","ad-aware","registy
    > > mechanic","error nuker" and "microsoft baseline security analyzer" ,and
    > > nothing can fix or even find the problem.I have done a search for it and it
    > > is there, a bunch of 'em. HELP!

    Hi,

    Cancel the setup operation (close the windows that inserting the disk
    creates). Then continue with the SFC scan. It just needs the disk to extract
    some files to replace corrupted ones.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2005-20,GGLD:en&q=shell%2Edll

    --
    Peter

    "Damian" <Damian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E12A83E5-B91D-41E4-8EB8-FEDB2B9BC1CF@microsoft.com...
    > yes I did
    >
    > "Peter Foldes" wrote:
    >
    > > Did you follow the advice that was given to you in your previous posting
    > >
    > > --
    > > Peter
    > >
    > > Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    > > Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
    > >
    > > "Damian" <Damian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83314C52-5A68-4B24-ADC7-2442C74A1749@microsoft.com...
    > > > as mentioned before, I get the eror message "connot find shell.dll" and
    > > > "missing or corrupt dll's" when i try to install some things."cannot find
    > > > shell.dll"on reboot.I have used, "spybot","ad-aware","registy
    > > > mechanic","error nuker" and "microsoft baseline security analyzer" ,and
    > > > nothing can fix or even find the problem.I have done a search for it and it
    > > > is there, a bunch of 'em. HELP!

Shell Microsoft DLL Windows XP