adrianxw

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2003
I have a Canon 5000F scanner. My wife runs a small textile shop and wants to put pictures of various types of cloth, (organic cotton linen silk), on her web site.

When I put a sample of cloth in the scanner, it looked really odd, with patterns of wavy lines over it that are not there when you look at it.

I'm guessing this is some "beat" effect between the weave of the cloth and the x-y scanning of the machine. I can reduce the effect by rotating the cloth so that the scan lines and weave are less parallel, but the problem never really goes away.

Can anyone suggest a way of getting a decent .jpg of the cloth using just the scanner, (i.e. not going out and buying a digital camera).

TIA.

Med venlig hilsen,
adrianxw

RichPLS

Champion
JAS, you can borrow a digital camera or use a film camera, take to Walmart, and get pictures put on cd format.

Is this problem with all textiles, or just one specific type?

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

adrianxw

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2003
I know I can do it with my normal camera, I wanted to use the scanner because if I need 1 piece of cloth, today, I don't need to wait until I've used up the whole film.

The problem appears to a greater or lesser degree with all cloth. If it is tight woven with a strong pattern, it doesn't show that much. A looser weave with simple stripes or no pattern at all shows the prolem the most.

Med venlig hilsen,
adrianxw