enableing tracking cookies

i was wondering how do i "enable tracking cookies on my internet browser" ?
3 answers Last reply
More about enableing tracking cookies

    "jelly_bean" <jellybean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >i was wondering how do i "enable tracking cookies on my internet browser" ?

    What do you mean exactly? Cookies are enabled by default.

    --
    (tm)
    ICQ: 192649233

    "" wrote:
    > i was wondering how do i "enable tracking cookies on my
    > internet browser" ?

    Select "Internet Options" from the Tools menu.
    Click on the "Privacy" tab.
    Click the "Default" button (or manually slide the bar down to
    "Medium") under "Settings".
    Click "OK

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-enableing-tracking-cookies-ftopict552103.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1749885

    On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:55:04 -0700, "jelly_bean"
    <jellybean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >i was wondering how do i "enable tracking cookies on my internet browser" ?

    So you already have them disabled by default? I do too. (Via IE->
    Tools->Internet OPtions->Privacy->Advanced:
    [x] override automatic cookie handling
    First-party cookies [x] block
    Third-party cookies [x] block
    [x] Always allow session cookies.

    Then I selectively unblock the ones I want:

    When a site attempts to install a cookie, you'll see a small red
    eyeball icon at the bottom right of IE . If you want to enable that
    particular site, you can dbl-click that icon to show current status
    and the name of the actual site that is trying to install the cookie.
    To alter it, double click the name of the site (under the site
    column). You'll see radio buttons to 'always allow...' etc. Then
    'OK', then 'close.' Ignore the fact that the second page will still
    say 'blocked.' When you're back at the site's main window, do a
    refresh of the page (ctl-F5) to get the cookie installed. At that
    point, the red eye will disappear.

    By the way, I just installed a Creative Labs Audigy NX, and they took
    the liberty of plastering AOL links all over everything, including my
    favorites, in my 'Links' folder, desktop. They managed to put AOL.com
    in my Trusted Websites list as well. Slimeballs.

    I have to wonder what other trashware they installed without asking.

Browsers Cookie Microsoft Windows XP