can Windows XP provide RAM info

Does Win XP have a way to tell me how much and exactly what type of ram (how
many slots) my motherboard/system can handle? How do I access this utility?
3 answers Last reply
More about windows provide info

    Go to http://www.crucial.com/ and use their Memory Configurator.

    "mgm" wrote:

    > Does Win XP have a way to tell me how much and exactly what type of ram (how
    > many slots) my motherboard/system can handle? How do I access this utility?

    Hi

    The manual for your motherboard will tell you. If you haven' that, there
    could a downloadable manual on the motherboard's web site. If not, try the
    following programs:

    Belarc
    http://www.belarc.com/

    Everest
    http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "mgm" <mgmombo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Does Win XP have a way to tell me how much and exactly what type of ram
    > (how many slots) my motherboard/system can handle? How do I access this
    > utility?

    I use CPU-z to get that information. It tells you everything about the system
    you're running - CPU, motherboard, chipsets, memory type, how many slots
    there are, etc. Very nice utility and it's free.

    Here's a link to their site:
    http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php

RAM Microsoft Windows XP