mgm

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2002

Does Win XP have a way to tell me how much and exactly what type of ram (how
many slots) my motherboard/system can handle? How do I access this utility?

Go to http://www.crucial.com/ and use their Memory Configurator.

"mgm" wrote:

> Does Win XP have a way to tell me how much and exactly what type of ram (how
> many slots) my motherboard/system can handle? How do I access this utility?

Hi

The manual for your motherboard will tell you. If you haven' that, there
could a downloadable manual on the motherboard's web site. If not, try the
following programs:

Belarc
http://www.belarc.com/

Everest
http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"mgm" <mgmombo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does Win XP have a way to tell me how much and exactly what type of ram
> (how many slots) my motherboard/system can handle? How do I access this
> utility?

I use CPU-z to get that information. It tells you everything about the system
you're running - CPU, motherboard, chipsets, memory type, how many slots
there are, etc. Very nice utility and it's free.

Here's a link to their site:
http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php