MN-730 Connection Problem

Last response: in Networking
July 5, 2004 3:29:16 AM

I run a MN-730 PCI card on a XP home machine and 2 out of
3 times, when I turn on the PC, the MN-730 will show "Not
connected". If I go into Network Connections, and
disable, then enable the card, it works fine. Signal
strength is low, but once it works, it has no problems.
My router is a D-Link unit, but I don't think that's
where the problem is.

Any ideas how to make the MN-730 work everytime?

Thanks!

More about : 730 connection problem

Anonymous
July 5, 2004 8:01:58 PM

Assign a static IP to the MN-730 -- It needs to be in the
D-Link subnet (I don't remember if the 3rd number is a 0 or
1). Assuming a 1 set IP 192.168.1.2, mask 255.255.255.0,
gateway and DNS 192.168.1.1.

Add your network SSID in the card properties to the list of
preferred networks (make sure you are not using the defult
SSID to avoid conflicts with other networks).

Also try moving the D-Link away from walls, changing the
channel on the both the router and 730 to 1 or 11, etc.
Wifi equipment is like old under-powered radio equipment --
moving the antenna around (router and card) sometimes has a
drastic impact in reception.

!