Every night at 2AM I get blue screen of death...help?!?!?

Hi!!
I have a gateway nv53a laptop with 8 gig onboard(only thing changed from spec) ...every night around 2am(and I mean within 10 minutes before or after) my laptop freezes and I get the blue screen of death. I have to do a hard reboot in order to get back to windows.. when I reboot it tells me something about windows live not fully loading or something to that effect(I usually just click ok and close screen so I cant remember) can anyone help me in telling me what could be wrong with my laptop? Or start me down the path by suggestions on where to start? I know this isnt the most detailed query but I dont really know what to say as this is frustrating and has been going on now for over a month. Please assist and thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about every night blue screen death help
  1. Check event log. And next time write down the message if you can't remember.
  2. Find out what schedule task starts at 2am every night and that might help too.
  3. It may be Automatic Defragmentation.

Try this:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
  4. Like said, check the event logs (System or Windows), check scheduled tasks, run Malwarebytes.

Try using MSCONFIG to run a clean boot (disable all non Microsoft services, disable all startup items, then reboot) See if that helps, if it does, it's one of those things.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Blue Screen Windows 7