Always on top

I have my AV enabled to scan outgoing messages and to show the progress
indicator while scanning. But I don't see the progress indicator, because it
is hidden behind the open windows.
Question: is it possible to mark this small indicator window as "always on
top"?

TIA
juan

Hi,

If you have any video graphics card like nvidia or Radeon installed then
there is a chance that this "Always on top" will appear on the program icon
on the title bar. Other wise this is impossible to get this functionality
without any third party tool.
--
Regards
M. Rajesh

"Juan Moreira" wrote:

> I have my AV enabled to scan outgoing messages and to show the progress
> indicator while scanning. But I don't see the progress indicator, because it
> is hidden behind the open windows.
> Question: is it possible to mark this small indicator window as "always on
> top"?
>
> TIA
> juan

I see that you are using Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180.

Turn off E-mail scanning. It does no good and can cause problems.

The Other E-Mail Threat: File Corruption in Outlook Express
Published: November 18, 2004
By Tom Koch
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/filecorruption.mspx

[[As surprising and ironic as it may seem though, the most common cause of
DBX corruption is not a virus, but rather anti-virus programs that are
configured to scan incoming or outgoing e-mail. Even the most well-known
anti-virus programs have exhibited this problem from time to time. ]]

Scroll down to:
Viral Irony: The Most Common Cause of Corruption
or click...
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/filecorruption.mspx#EEAA

----

[[In fact, the only real reason to use email and download scanning is to
make you feel more secure.]]
Messages in Inbox or other mail folders disappear
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgone

----

McAfee Virus Scan and Outlook Express corruption
Email messages appear and then disappear in the users mailbox
http://tinyurl.com/6gyq5

Or...

McAfee Virus Scan and Outlook Express corruption
https://knowledgemap.nai.com/phpclient/viewKDoc.aspx?externalID=KB_nai11250&sessionID=Anonymous|1005470949&sliceID=&docID=KC.KB_nai11250&url=kb/kb_nai11250.xml&dialogID=10772145&docType=DOC_KnowledgeBase&iterationID=1&docName=Solution%20ID%20nai11250%20-%20E-mail%20messages%20appear%20and%20then%20disappear%20in%20the%20users%20mailbox

Also...

[[If you are using any of the any of the e-mail programs that are supported
by
AVG Free (MS Outlook, The BAT!, Eudora), the Personal E-mail Scanner is
installed needlessly because mail is scanned by AVG Free directly by a
special plugin developed for each of these e-mail programs. In that case you
do not need the Personal E-mail Scanner, you should uninstall it - it only
uselessly use harddrive space and system resources. Uninstallation process
is described here.]]
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5499/lng/us/tpl/v5

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:Ob8WmThfFHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Juan Moreira <Juan@salta.ar> hunted and pecked:

Juan Moreira wrote:

> I have my AV enabled to scan outgoing messages and to show the progress

Then disable it. As it's redundant and may/often causes problems,
especially on incoming mail.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/