Always on top

I have my AV enabled to scan outgoing messages and to show the progress
indicator while scanning. But I don't see the progress indicator, because it
is hidden behind the open windows.
Question: is it possible to mark this small indicator window as "always on
top"?

TIA
juan
3 answers Last reply
More about always

    Hi,

    If you have any video graphics card like nvidia or Radeon installed then
    there is a chance that this "Always on top" will appear on the program icon
    on the title bar. Other wise this is impossible to get this functionality
    without any third party tool.
    --
    Regards
    M. Rajesh

    "Juan Moreira" wrote:

    > I have my AV enabled to scan outgoing messages and to show the progress
    > indicator while scanning. But I don't see the progress indicator, because it
    > is hidden behind the open windows.
    > Question: is it possible to mark this small indicator window as "always on
    > top"?
    >
    > TIA
    > juan

    I see that you are using Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180.

    Turn off E-mail scanning. It does no good and can cause problems.

    The Other E-Mail Threat: File Corruption in Outlook Express
    Published: November 18, 2004
    By Tom Koch
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/filecorruption.mspx

    [[As surprising and ironic as it may seem though, the most common cause of
    DBX corruption is not a virus, but rather anti-virus programs that are
    configured to scan incoming or outgoing e-mail. Even the most well-known
    anti-virus programs have exhibited this problem from time to time. ]]

    Scroll down to:
    Viral Irony: The Most Common Cause of Corruption
    or click...
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/filecorruption.mspx#EEAA

    ----

    [[In fact, the only real reason to use email and download scanning is to
    make you feel more secure.]]
    Messages in Inbox or other mail folders disappear
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgone

    ----

    McAfee Virus Scan and Outlook Express corruption
    Email messages appear and then disappear in the users mailbox
    http://tinyurl.com/6gyq5

    Or...

    McAfee Virus Scan and Outlook Express corruption
    https://knowledgemap.nai.com/phpclient/viewKDoc.aspx?externalID=KB_nai11250&sessionID=Anonymous|1005470949&sliceID=&docID=KC.KB_nai11250&url=kb/kb_nai11250.xml&dialogID=10772145&docType=DOC_KnowledgeBase&iterationID=1&docName=Solution%20ID%20nai11250%20-%20E-mail%20messages%20appear%20and%20then%20disappear%20in%20the%20users%20mailbox

    Also...

    [[If you are using any of the any of the e-mail programs that are supported
    by
    AVG Free (MS Outlook, The BAT!, Eudora), the Personal E-mail Scanner is
    installed needlessly because mail is scanned by AVG Free directly by a
    special plugin developed for each of these e-mail programs. In that case you
    do not need the Personal E-mail Scanner, you should uninstall it - it only
    uselessly use harddrive space and system resources. Uninstallation process
    is described here.]]
    http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5499/lng/us/tpl/v5

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:Ob8WmThfFHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    Juan Moreira <Juan@salta.ar> hunted and pecked:

    Juan Moreira wrote:

    > I have my AV enabled to scan outgoing messages and to show the progress

    Then disable it. As it's redundant and may/often causes problems,
    especially on incoming mail.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

Microsoft Windows XP