Sign in with
Your question

Every night at 2AM I get blue screen of death...help?!?!?

Last response: in Windows 7
August 31, 2012 2:49:02 PM

Hello,
Hi!!
I have a gateway nv53a laptop with 8 gig onboard(only thing changed from spec) ...every night around 2am(and I mean within 10 minutes before or after) my laptop freezes and I get the blue screen of death. I have to do a hard reboot in order to get back to windows.. when I reboot it tells me something about windows live not fully loading or something to that effect(I usually just click ok and close screen so I cant remember) can anyone help me in telling me what could be wrong with my laptop? Or start me down the path by suggestions on where to start? I know this isnt the most detailed query but I dont really know what to say as this is frustrating and has been going on now for over a month. Please assist and thanks
August 31, 2012 2:57:13 PM

What error message does the BSOD give you?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 31, 2012 2:57:20 PM

Well since it's happening at a specific time i would say it's most likely something software.. Check your programs. (antivirus, malware scans, updates, defrag, etc) basically anything that can be set up to run at a set time and see whats running at 2 am. Also check your event log and see if you have any errors around 2 am either before or after the BSOD to see what the likely culprit is.

Let us know what you find :) .
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
August 31, 2012 2:59:01 PM

What is happening at that time? Is it checking for updates? Is it running a virus scan? There is something that is running at that time and crashing. Have you looked at the logs?
m
l
August 31, 2012 3:02:42 PM

It is something scheduled to run at 2 look in the task scheduler in the control panel if nothing there go look at when you spyware/malware/virus programs run their scans. Next look for defrag or system cleanup tools running on a schedule or backup programs. If none of that then reload or just turn your PC off at night :/ 

Thent
m
l
!