Windows Crash Error

I am having an occational crash error with windows. I built a new computer
using a raid array for the first time about a month ago. Everything works
great, except that I have an occational crash error that I can't figure out.

The problem seems to occur during two different operations. One, when I am
playing a game online that I play (Dark Ages of Camelot), I occationally
crash. When it happens here, I either have a system lock up (alt-tab,
cntrl-alt-delete both fail to do anything), I crash to desktop (game is
instantly shutdown), and occationally the computer rebootos itself. I cannot
seem to induce this error in any consistant way. It might happen a few times
an hour, or once ever several hours.

And the second error is repeatable every time. When I try to sign onto AOL,
as soon as it connects, the computer instantly reboots without fail, every
time. I have completely uninstalled aol twice with no luck on a fix.

The fact that I am having a crash error in two spots tells me that it is
most logically something related.

I also have 2 other computers on my network that do not experience either of
these errors, so it is definately tied to this computer.

I would really appreciate any help you can give me on this. Thanks.

Also, go into your Startup and Recovery Options and uncheck the Restart
Automatically box. Then, when it BSOD's on you, you'll be able to see
exactly what STOP error is involved.

"Canaddar" wrote:

> I am having an occational crash error with windows. I built a new computer
> using a raid array for the first time about a month ago. Everything works
> great, except that I have an occational crash error that I can't figure out.
>
> The problem seems to occur during two different operations. One, when I am
> playing a game online that I play (Dark Ages of Camelot), I occationally
> crash. When it happens here, I either have a system lock up (alt-tab,
> cntrl-alt-delete both fail to do anything), I crash to desktop (game is
> instantly shutdown), and occationally the computer rebootos itself. I cannot
> seem to induce this error in any consistant way. It might happen a few times
> an hour, or once ever several hours.
>
> And the second error is repeatable every time. When I try to sign onto AOL,
> as soon as it connects, the computer instantly reboots without fail, every
> time. I have completely uninstalled aol twice with no luck on a fix.
>
> The fact that I am having a crash error in two spots tells me that it is
> most logically something related.
>
> I also have 2 other computers on my network that do not experience either of
> these errors, so it is definately tied to this computer.
>
> I would really appreciate any help you can give me on this. Thanks.

Faulting application game.dll, version 0.1.5.2, faulting module game.dll,
version 0.1.5.2, fault address 0x0001604c.

(several of these applications errors)

==============

WinMgmt could not initialize the core parts. This could be due to a badly
installed version of WinMgmt, WinMgmt repository upgrade failure,
insufficient disk space or insufficient memory.

=====================

The Windows Security Center Service was unable to establish event queries
with WMI to monitor third party AntiVirus and Firewall.

==================

A critical system process, C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe, failed with status
code c0000354. The machine must now be restarted.

===========

"Canaddar" wrote:

> I am having an occational crash error with windows. I built a new computer
> using a raid array for the first time about a month ago. Everything works
> great, except that I have an occational crash error that I can't figure out.
>
> The problem seems to occur during two different operations. One, when I am
> playing a game online that I play (Dark Ages of Camelot), I occationally
> crash. When it happens here, I either have a system lock up (alt-tab,
> cntrl-alt-delete both fail to do anything), I crash to desktop (game is
> instantly shutdown), and occationally the computer rebootos itself. I cannot
> seem to induce this error in any consistant way. It might happen a few times
> an hour, or once ever several hours.
>
> And the second error is repeatable every time. When I try to sign onto AOL,
> as soon as it connects, the computer instantly reboots without fail, every
> time. I have completely uninstalled aol twice with no luck on a fix.
>
> The fact that I am having a crash error in two spots tells me that it is
> most logically something related.
>
> I also have 2 other computers on my network that do not experience either of
> these errors, so it is definately tied to this computer.
>
> I would really appreciate any help you can give me on this. Thanks.

Hi

Have a look in the Event Viewer - type the following into Start>Run

eventvwr.msc

then expand the options in the left columns. If you come across any
'Errors', could you please post the Event ID and Source.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Canaddar" <Canaddar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having an occational crash error with windows. I built a new computer
> using a raid array for the first time about a month ago. Everything works
> great, except that I have an occational crash error that I can't figure
> out.
>
> The problem seems to occur during two different operations. One, when I
> am
> playing a game online that I play (Dark Ages of Camelot), I occationally
> crash. When it happens here, I either have a system lock up (alt-tab,
> cntrl-alt-delete both fail to do anything), I crash to desktop (game is
> instantly shutdown), and occationally the computer rebootos itself. I
> cannot
> seem to induce this error in any consistant way. It might happen a few
> times
> an hour, or once ever several hours.
>
> And the second error is repeatable every time. When I try to sign onto
> AOL,
> as soon as it connects, the computer instantly reboots without fail, every
> time. I have completely uninstalled aol twice with no luck on a fix.
>
> The fact that I am having a crash error in two spots tells me that it is
> most logically something related.
>
> I also have 2 other computers on my network that do not experience either
> of
> these errors, so it is definately tied to this computer.
>
> I would really appreciate any help you can give me on this. Thanks.

This is not a Windows XP error but rather one emanating from a game like Star Treck,etc. Suggest that when it happens again then take a note of the game that you are playing at the time and contact the vendor and their tech department

--
Peter