Unrecognized file versions

A windows message appeared today when I switched on my pc - "Files that
require windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions.
to ramain system stability, Windows must restore the original version of
these files. Please insert your windows CD, I have not installed any new
programs, can anyone tell me whats going on.

Hi

Something 'nasty' may have infected your system - run the following progams
to see if there is any spyware on your system:

Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.or­g/
CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloa­ds/cwshredder.zip
Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com

Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

http://www.javacoolsoftware.co­m/spywareblaster.html

Also see the following links:

http://aumha.org/a/parasite.ht­m
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/un­wanted.htm

Also type the following from Start>Run

sfc /scannow

Please note the space between the c and /. Yoy may need to have your XP CD
to hand.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"pete.com" <petecom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A windows message appeared today when I switched on my pc - "Files that
> require windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized
> versions.
> to ramain system stability, Windows must restore the original version of
> these files. Please insert your windows CD, I have not installed any new
> programs, can anyone tell me whats going on.

TRENDING THREADS