Upgrade HP or buy new Acer

charlesassless

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Hello,
Bought a HP Mini 210-2000 couple years ago and tried it out just long enough to see how SLOW it was(N455) before the HDD died and took OS with it. Replacement cost was the same as new, so shelved it until other solutions could be found. Now I have a use for it and have decided to either: Replace HDD with a 64-128 GB SSD, new OS and 2 GB ram OR buy new Acer Aspire One with HDD, 1 GB and N570 incl. OS. Which would be faster where the use would be Facebook, Google Earth and MAYBE stream a movie or two? This would be going in the backpack on a long distance trek. I've tried out a B&N Nook and decided against it. No keyboard, wierd OS and can't download Google Earth. I like the keyboard on the HP, but in fairness, I'm haven't tried the Acer yet.

charlesassless

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

Yes, I read that. Slower processor for better gpu. But I went ahead and bought the N570 and will live with the consequences. As I said before, I'm trying to stay as light as possible without getting overly expensive. Otherwise I'd be looking at better fare. I am predominantly going to use it to stay in touch via Facebook and upload a picture or two a day from my travels(jpeg). The Nook does that but I don't like the OS and the time taken away when I should be keeping an eye on my surroundings with the hunt and peck. If I find myself having to reroute along the way, I really want Google Earth for the detail.