IC: Wolves Glen Pub

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

A lone figure steps through the door, a blond woman, maybe in her 20's but
looking in her deep blue eyes, one might catch a glimpse of somethint older.
She wears a faded Russian army jacket, and carries a russack over her
shoulder. Perhapse more extraordinary is the dragon at her side, the size
of a large cat or small dog. The dragon's scales are a deep blue colour.

She walks through the Pub quietly, a hand passing over where the nutrimatic
machine stood, a glance at a certain booth in memory, a long look at the
howling wolf in the mirror behind the bar. She lays a hand on the bar,
feeling the dust under her fingers. The dragon flies up to the bar, tail
coiling around an empty glass.

"This is the way the world ended,' She says, looking to her dragon, "One at
a time."

Illyana Rostov
230 answers Last reply
More about wolves glen
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    The_Livewire <The_Livewire@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > A lone figure steps through the door, a blond woman, maybe in her 20's but
    > looking in her deep blue eyes, one might catch a glimpse of somethint older.
    > She wears a faded Russian army jacket, and carries a russack over her
    > shoulder. Perhapse more extraordinary is the dragon at her side, the size
    > of a large cat or small dog. The dragon's scales are a deep blue colour.

    > She walks through the Pub quietly, a hand passing over where the nutrimatic
    > machine stood, a glance at a certain booth in memory, a long look at the
    > howling wolf in the mirror behind the bar. She lays a hand on the bar,
    > feeling the dust under her fingers. The dragon flies up to the bar, tail
    > coiling around an empty glass.

    > "This is the way the world ended,' She says, looking to her dragon, "One at
    > a time."

    The door opens again, revealing a plain light purple view. No featues at
    all are visible, other than the impression of great depth, and a man in a
    poet shirt, leather vest, and jeans. Kronos looks around, his blond curls
    bouncing slightly. Looking puzzled, he steps in and closes the door
    behind him. "That's odd," he says walking over to bar. He nods to the
    lady. "I take from the look of the place, you are the only one here?"
    Not waiting for a reply, he continues, "It took a fair amount more work to
    get here this time. I couldn't find the door normally, I had to open the
    path to it from my workshop."

    "Oh well, if you don't mind, I might as well clean up the place a bit and
    make it more presentable." With this he walks around, grabs a towel,
    and starts wiping down the bar. "So, as soon as I can get enough of the
    bar cleaned up that I'm not afraid of opening a bottle, I'll get you a
    drink. I think the price for the first one is still a story."

    > Illyana Rostov

    Kronos
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    "The_Livewire" <The_Livewire@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > A lone figure steps through the door, a blond woman, maybe in
    > her 20's but looking in her deep blue eyes, one might catch a
    > glimpse of somethint older. She wears a faded Russian army
    > jacket, and carries a russack over her shoulder. Perhapse
    > more extraordinary is the dragon at her side, the size of a
    > large cat or small dog. The dragon's scales are a deep blue
    > colour.
    >
    > She walks through the Pub quietly, a hand passing over where
    > the nutrimatic machine stood, a glance at a certain booth in
    > memory, a long look at the howling wolf in the mirror behind
    > the bar. She lays a hand on the bar, feeling the dust under
    > her fingers. The dragon flies up to the bar, tail coiling
    > around an empty glass.
    >
    > "This is the way the world ended,' She says, looking to her
    > dragon, "One at a time."

    Footsteps come lightly pattering down the stairs, and a teenage
    boy comes into view, rubbing his eyes and yawning. He seems to
    be about 15 or 16 years old, and about 5'4" or so tall. Lean
    and wiry rather than skinny, even half-awake he moves with a
    certain grace.

    Like Rip VanWinkle, he seems to have slept through the end of
    the world. Or, at least, an end. He runs a hand through his
    curly brown hair and looks around in apparent surprise. He's
    wearing black jeans, black sneaker-boots, and a warm-looking
    brown long-sleeved shirt.

    "Wow! This is the busiest I've ever seen the place: where'd
    everyone go?"

    > Illyana Rostov

    -Toby
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    The_Livewire wrote:
    > "This is the way the world ended,' She says, looking to her dragon, "One at
    > a time."

    (ooc: Hey... the Livewire returns.)
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    "The_Livewire" <The_Livewire@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > She walks through the Pub quietly, a hand passing over where the
    > nutrimatic machine stood, a glance at a certain booth in memory, a
    > long look at the howling wolf in the mirror behind the bar. She lays
    > a hand on the bar, feeling the dust under her fingers. The dragon
    > flies up to the bar, tail coiling around an empty glass.
    >
    > "This is the way the world ended,' She says, looking to her dragon,
    > "One at a time."

    There is the sound of someone entering from the back door. From the
    kitchen is the sound of packages being placed on counters.

    A woman comes out from the kitchen. She is stocky, with short gray hair.
    Her age is perhaps in the late 50's. She's wearing a quilted jacket,
    loose cotton pants and hard leather boots. In her hands are several
    bottles of wine.

    She looks around and makes a face. "I thought I was gone just a few
    minutes..." She looks at the dust like a drill seargent looks at a
    dirty uniform. "This won't do."

    She puts down the wine and looks up at the woman. "Hello. Sorry
    about the mess. I guess I was gone longer than I expected. My
    name's Jane." She starts hustling - cleaning up the bar. "Tell a
    story and the first drink's free... after I find a clean glass."

    > Illyana Rostov

    -Jane Palanis
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    Jane Palanis <nowhere@example.com> wrote in

    > She looks around and makes a face. "I thought I was gone
    > just a few minutes..." She looks at the dust like a drill
    > seargent looks at a dirty uniform. "This won't do."

    [ooc: Okay, *hands on hips* - who told the Pattern
    Spiders they could go to sleep?]

    -Ky
    (Remove excess nicknames to reply.)
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    Jane Palanis wrote:

    > A woman comes out from the kitchen. She is stocky, with short gray
    hair.
    > Her age is perhaps in the late 50's. She's wearing a quilted jacket,

    > loose cotton pants and hard leather boots. In her hands are several
    > bottles of wine.

    The door opens once more and a tall swarthy woman enters. She grins at
    Palanis indicates the wine and says, "O-si-yo, Major. It looks like
    i've arrived just in time."

    She's wearing Levis, a purple shirt and a denim jacket and she has a
    ruck sack slung over one shoulder.

    "Man, I don't know what was in that Mickey Finn I had the last time,
    but, it must have been good, I don't remember leaving."
    > -Jane Palanis

    -Wildwind
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    "Todd Rich" <torin@panix.com> wrote in message

    > The door opens again, revealing a plain light purple view. No featues at
    > all are visible, other than the impression of great depth, and a man in a
    > poet shirt, leather vest, and jeans. Kronos looks around, his blond curls
    > bouncing slightly. Looking puzzled, he steps in and closes the door
    > behind him. "That's odd," he says walking over to bar. He nods to the
    > lady. "I take from the look of the place, you are the only one here?"
    > Not waiting for a reply, he continues, "It took a fair amount more work to
    > get here this time. I couldn't find the door normally, I had to open the
    > path to it from my workshop."
    >
    > "Oh well, if you don't mind, I might as well clean up the place a bit and
    > make it more presentable." With this he walks around, grabs a towel,
    > and starts wiping down the bar. "So, as soon as I can get enough of the
    > bar cleaned up that I'm not afraid of opening a bottle, I'll get you a
    > drink. I think the price for the first one is still a story."

    "Vodka, and lots of it." The dragon growlf's at her mistress, "And rabbit."

    "A long time ago, another lifetime, it seem. There was a girl. Not just any
    girl, one who should not exist. She had friends, a family of sorts, but did
    not know there was another family, one who was closer to her than she knew.
    She was raised by her first family, but made by her second. Then her first
    family killed by her second family. She tried to kill her Third father, but
    he killed her instead."

    She smiles sadly, "She got better. Her third family took her in, thinking
    she was related, not knowing what her second family had done. She was
    happy, she had everything she ever wanted."

    "Then the darkness came. It took her first and second father first. Then
    her third family found out she really didn't belong.with them. They tried
    to love her, but it was no loger the same. She lived through the end, and
    beyond, wandering with the only being who still loves her unconditionally."

    'That enough of story?"

    >> Illyana Rostov
    >
    > Kronos

    Illyana Rostov.
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    Kylinn wrote:
    > Jane Palanis <nowhere@example.com> wrote in
    >
    >>She looks around and makes a face. "I thought I was gone
    >>just a few minutes..." She looks at the dust like a drill
    >>seargent looks at a dirty uniform. "This won't do."
    >
    > [ooc: Okay, *hands on hips* - who told the Pattern
    > Spiders they could go to sleep?]

    (ooc: Clearly, the dust must have been put there deliberately - and
    someone must be considering the dust significant...

    I wonder who?

    - The Master Of The Geomid)

    > -Ky
    > (Remove excess nicknames to reply.)

    Alistair
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    The_Livewire <The_Livewire@hotmail.com> wrote:

    (snip)

    > "Vodka, and lots of it." The dragon growlf's at her mistress, "And rabbit."

    Kronos continues to clean the counter quickly as she starts her story.

    > "A long time ago, another lifetime, it seem. There was a girl. Not just any
    > girl, one who should not exist. She had friends, a family of sorts, but did
    > not know there was another family, one who was closer to her than she knew.
    > She was raised by her first family, but made by her second. Then her first
    > family killed by her second family. She tried to kill her Third father, but
    > he killed her instead."

    > She smiles sadly, "She got better. Her third family took her in, thinking
    > she was related, not knowing what her second family had done. She was
    > happy, she had everything she ever wanted."

    By this point there is about a 3 foot wide spotless patch on the bar in
    front of her, and he reaches under the bar and pulls out a clean glass and
    a medium sized dinner plate.

    > "Then the darkness came. It took her first and second father first. Then
    > her third family found out she really didn't belong.with them. They tried
    > to love her, but it was no loger the same. She lived through the end, and
    > beyond, wandering with the only being who still loves her unconditionally."

    > 'That enough of story?"

    "Enough for a drink I would say," Kronos says with a gentle smile, and
    grabs a full bottle of Vodka off the shelf, and pours her a healthy shot
    and sets the bottle next to the glass. He then reaches under the bar
    again and sets a fresh, but dead rabbit on the plate. "You didn't say how
    the dragon would like the rabit, so I defaulted to fresh, whole,
    unskinned. If it would prefer it cleaned or cooked I could do that as
    well, but it will be a few minutes."

    > Illyana Rostov.

    Kronos

    (cue others entering)

    "Well hello everybody"
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    Jane Palanis <nowhere@example.com> wrote:
    (snip)

    > There is the sound of someone entering from the back door. From the
    > kitchen is the sound of packages being placed on counters.

    > A woman comes out from the kitchen. She is stocky, with short gray hair.
    > Her age is perhaps in the late 50's. She's wearing a quilted jacket,
    > loose cotton pants and hard leather boots. In her hands are several
    > bottles of wine.

    > She looks around and makes a face. "I thought I was gone just a few
    > minutes..." She looks at the dust like a drill seargent looks at a
    > dirty uniform. "This won't do."

    > She puts down the wine and looks up at the woman. "Hello. Sorry
    > about the mess. I guess I was gone longer than I expected. My
    > name's Jane." She starts hustling - cleaning up the bar. "Tell a
    > story and the first drink's free... after I find a clean glass."
    >
    >> Illyana Rostov
    >
    > -Jane Palanis

    (Cue merger other thread)

    "Well hello," Kronos says, seeing a familar face. "I hope you don't mind,
    I started cleaning up a bit," he gestures to the stretch of spotless bar.

    Kronos
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    There's a machinelike whine from outside which comes to a halt
    and drops rapidly in pitch. A few seconds later the door opens
    on a moonlit moorland scene. In a gravel carpark you can clearly
    see a car which looks impressive and expensive although you
    couldn't say exactly what make it is. The man who opened the
    door steps into the pub. He's in his mid 40's, slightly thin,
    greying hair with sideboards and a moustache. He's wearing a
    dark grey, almost black, suit which looks made to measure, but
    the cut seems a little strange especially the lapels. His tie is
    plain black and there's a very small silver and enamel pin in
    the left lapel. Those who look for this sort of thing will
    notice that the cut of the jacket is designed to conceal a
    holster.

    He walks using a cane with a silver top and three bands of other
    metals or alloys in the top six inches. One of these looks like
    gold, another could be titanium, but the third just doesn't look
    like any normal metal colour. You can't say for sure whether
    it's golden, silver, grey, or even blue, red or green as it
    seems to change as you look at it.

    He's accompanied by two bulldogs, one male, one female. The male
    is slightly larger and darker brown than the female.

    He looks around at the people and fixtures for a second, then
    down at his dogs. He doesn't seem phased by the occupants.

    "This isn't the cafe... Oh never mind it'll do, won't it."

    He then makes a short bow to everyone, one at a time. He's
    especially careful to bow properly to the dragon.

    Having done this he says

    "Hola everyone. What's up with this place?"

    If anyone wants to run surreptitious scans, they will have to
    get past some kind of interference that seems to be coming from
    the cane. It can be done, but unless you succeed you get nothing
    but a "There's nothing interesting here". Scanning the dogs is
    easier.

    Jonathon.

    --
    .... An expert: Someone who knows more and more about less and less.

    __ __ __ __ __ ___
    |__||__)/ __/ \|\ ||_ | And isn't your life extremely flat
    | || \\__/\__/| \||__ | with nothing whatever to grumble at.

    ....Running the RISC... lbATargonetDOTcoDOTuk
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    "Kylinn" <kylinn@gmail.comgoaway> wrote in message
    > "The_Livewire" <The_Livewire@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > "Wow! This is the busiest I've ever seen the place: where'd
    > everyone go?"

    "Do not look at me. I did no eat them."

    >> Illyana Rostov
    >
    > -Toby

    Illyana Rostov
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    "Justine Rogers" <justine@area88.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    > The_Livewire wrote:
    >> "This is the way the world ended,' She says, looking to her dragon, "One
    >> at a time."
    >
    > (ooc: Hey... the Livewire returns.)

    (OOC: just in time for the end it seemed. I actually have time and sanity
    now)
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    > The_Livewire <The_Livewire@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > (snip)
    >
    >> "Vodka, and lots of it." The dragon growlf's at her mistress, "And
    >> rabbit."
    >
    > Kronos continues to clean the counter quickly as she starts her story.

    (Story consigned to Oblivion)

    > "Enough for a drink I would say," Kronos says with a gentle smile, and
    > grabs a full bottle of Vodka off the shelf, and pours her a healthy shot
    > and sets the bottle next to the glass. He then reaches under the bar
    > again and sets a fresh, but dead rabbit on the plate. "You didn't say how
    > the dragon would like the rabit, so I defaulted to fresh, whole,
    > unskinned. If it would prefer it cleaned or cooked I could do that as
    > well, but it will be a few minutes."

    The dragon sniffs the rabbit, inspecting it from front to back. She then
    breathes a gout of flame over the rabbit until it is nice and cooked.
    Content with her cullinary skills, she then proceeds to eat.

    "Rustarin does her own cooking.' She explains, sniffing the vodka before she
    downs it. She grimaces, "Who ever thought of Irish Vodka?"

    >> Illyana Rostov.
    >
    > Kronos
    >
    > (cue others entering)
    >
    > "Well hello everybody"

    Illyana looks hopefully for a familiar face among the newcomers. She then
    goes back to her glass, scratching her dragon between the wings.

    Illyana Rostov
    and
    Rustarin the Magic Dragon.
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    "The_Livewire" <The_Livewire@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > "Todd Rich" <torin@panix.com> wrote in message

    > > "So, as soon as I can get enough of the bar cleaned
    > > up that I'm not afraid of opening a bottle, I'll get you
    > > a drink. I think the price for the first one is still a
    > > story."

    The teenage boy edges closer.

    > "Vodka, and lots of it." The dragon growlf's at her
    > mistress, "And rabbit."

    The boy pats at his pockets and comes up with a
    slightly-melted half bar of chocolate. He starts to offer it
    to the dragon. And hesitates.

    "Is chocolate okay for you?" He speaks directly to the
    dragonling, not his mistress. "Only I know most people are
    allergic to it so I wouldn't want you to break out in purple
    spots or anything, though ... that might actually be kinda
    fetching. Well, on some folks. Anyway, you have a cute pet;
    mind if I say 'hi' to her?"

    > "A long time ago, another lifetime, it seem. There was a
    > girl. Not just any girl, one who should not exist. She had
    > friends, a family of sorts, but did not know there was
    > another family, one who was closer to her than she knew.
    > She was raised by her first family, but made by her second.
    > Then her first family killed by her second family. She
    > tried to kill her Third father, but he killed her instead."

    The boy is listening to the story now.

    > She smiles sadly, "She got better. Her third family took
    > her in, thinking she was related, not knowing what her
    > second family had done. She was happy, she had everything
    > she ever wanted."
    >
    > "Then the darkness came. It took her first and second
    > father first. Then her third family found out she really
    > didn't belong. with them. They tried to love her, but it
    > was no loger the same. She lived through the end, and
    > beyond, wandering with the only being who still loves her
    > unconditionally."

    Eyes just a bit too wide and innocent, the boy guesses, "Her
    puppy?"

    > > Kronos
    >
    > Illyana Rostov.

    -Toby
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    "The_Livewire" <The_Livewire@hotmail.com> wrote :
    > "Kylinn" <kylinn@gmail.comgoaway> wrote in message

    >> "Wow! This is the busiest I've ever seen the place: where'd
    >> everyone go?"
    >
    > "Do not look at me. I did no eat them."

    "Ha! You think I haven't heard _that_ before?"

    >>> Illyana Rostov
    >>
    >> -Toby
    >
    > Illyana Rostov

    Toby
    --
    (ooc: Remove excess nicknames to reply.)
  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    Laurence wrote:

    > He then makes a short bow to everyone, one at a time.

    Wildwind nods and smiles.

    > Having done this he says
    >
    > "Hola everyone. What's up with this place?"

    "Except for Paddy not being behind the bar and some dust...nothin'."

    With that she takes off her ruck sack, roots around inside, produces a
    bottle and heads for the bar.

    She places the bottle on the bar. "This is for Padraig when he comes
    back."

    The bottle looks suspiciously like an old wine bottle and has a hand
    written label which reads. 'Longmorn, Cask Strength, 1965.'
    There is a wax seal on top of the bottle.

    "Now..._I_need_a_beer, so that means you'll need a story."

    She leans on the bar and scratches her chin.

    > Jonathon.

    Wildwind
  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    Laurence <lb@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

    > There's a machinelike whine from outside which comes to a
    > halt and drops rapidly in pitch. A few seconds later the
    > door opens on a moonlit moorland scene. In a gravel carpark
    > you can clearly see a car which looks impressive and
    > expensive although you couldn't say exactly what make it
    > is. The man who opened the door steps into the pub. He's in
    > his mid 40's, slightly thin, greying hair with sideboards
    > and a moustache. He's wearing a dark grey, almost black,
    > suit which looks made to measure, but the cut seems a
    > little strange especially the lapels. His tie is plain
    > black and there's a very small silver and enamel pin in the
    > left lapel. Those who look for this sort of thing will
    > notice that the cut of the jacket is designed to conceal a
    > holster.
    >
    > He walks using a cane with a silver top and three bands of
    > other metals or alloys in the top six inches. One of these
    > looks like gold, another could be titanium, but the third
    > just doesn't look like any normal metal colour. You can't
    > say for sure whether it's golden, silver, grey, or even
    > blue, red or green as it seems to change as you look at it.
    >
    > He's accompanied by two bulldogs, one male, one female. The
    > male is slightly larger and darker brown than the female.
    >
    > He looks around at the people and fixtures for a second,
    > then down at his dogs. He doesn't seem phased by the
    > occupants.

    A teenage boy dressed in black pants and brown shirt scurries
    up to him.

    > "This isn't the cafe... Oh never mind it'll do, won't it."
    >
    > He then makes a short bow to everyone, one at a time. He's
    > especially careful to bow properly to the dragon.

    The boy bows back gracefully.

    > Having done this he says
    >
    > "Hola everyone. What's up with this place?"

    "We're just between managers," the boy says cheerfully. "The
    old one left in a huff and a puff and we've been _waiting_
    for his replacement but there's some kind of contract
    difficulties and _then they decided that since there's no
    manager at the moment anyway they figured it would be a great
    time to go and re-decorate but _then there was some confusion
    about what the plans were and who was doing what and, well,
    you know." He waves a hand around. "Technically we're not
    even open now - I mean, we put announcements in all the
    papers and everything, but I guess you didn't see them - but
    anyway, since the door asked you in you might as well stay
    for a while and the price of your first drink is a story
    unless you're buying drinks for everyone in which case the
    price of your first drink is a story and their's is later."

    He cocks his head, watching to see if the newcomer got all
    this.

    > Jonathon.

    - Toby

    --
    (ooc: Remove excess nicknames to reply.)
  19. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    "Wildwind" <wildwindsco@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    > She places the bottle on the bar. "This is for Padraig when
    > he comes back."
    >
    > The bottle looks suspiciously like an old wine bottle and
    > has a hand written label which reads. 'Longmorn, Cask
    > Strength, 1965.' There is a wax seal on top of the bottle.

    "Oh, I'll keep that safe for him," Toby volunteers, reaching
    for the bottle.

    > Wildwind

    - Toby

    --
    (Remove excess nicknames to reply.)
  20. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    In article
    <1102433444.645640.294800@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    Wildwind <wildwindsco@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
    > Laurence wrote:
    > >
    > > He then makes a short bow to everyone, one at a time.

    > Wildwind nods and smiles.

    > > Having done this he says

    > > "Hola everyone. What's up with this place?"

    > "Except for Paddy not being behind the bar and some
    > dust...nothin'."

    Jonathon looks at the dust.

    "Interesting.

    Sorry, I'm a private investigator so I tend to notice things...
    like the fact that the dust isn't evenly deposited, and it's in
    one or two places that it really shouldn't be. It looks like
    someone has tried to make this place look like it hasn't been
    used for years."

    > With that she takes off her ruck sack, roots around inside,
    > produces a bottle and heads for the bar.

    > She places the bottle on the bar. "This is for Padraig when he
    > comes back."

    "I look forward to meeting him if his clientel are always as
    interesting as this."

    Jonathon.

    --
    .... I installed a skylight in my apartment...The people who live above me are furious!

    __ __ __ __ __ ___
    |__||__)/ __/ \|\ ||_ | And isn't your life extremely flat
    | || \\__/\__/| \||__ | with nothing whatever to grumble at.

    ....Running the RISC... lbATargonetDOTcoDOTuk
  21. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    In article <Xns95B8AF08617Fplrctyky@130.81.64.196>,
    Kylinn <kylinn@kygmail.comky> wrote:
    > Lavrence <lb@argonet.co.vk> wrote:

    > > He looks arovnd at the people and fixtvres for a second,
    > > then down at his dogs. He doesn't seem phased by the
    > > occvpants.

    > A teenage boy dressed in black pants and brown shirt scvrries
    > vp to him.

    At close range, Jonathon looks rather pale. His hair is so
    neatly styled that yov wovld think that each strand was
    terrified of being seen ovt of place.

    The pin in his lapel is a sceptre on a Union flag. (The British
    flag. It's only a "Jack" when it's flown on a ship.)

    That third metal band on his cane is changing colovr faster,
    almost kaleidoscoping, bvt Jonathon doesn't seem to notice this.

    His two dogs look more pvzzled at Toby's appearance and scent.
    The male even looks like he might move to defend his owner.
    Jonathon doesn't even look down before saying.
    "Calm Brody. We've been met in mvch worse ways."

    <OOC: I assvme the field that means the Pooka appear in their
    trve form is still active.>

    > > He then makes a short bow to everyone, one at a time. He's
    > > especially carefvl to bow properly to the dragon.

    Jonathon looks carefvlly at the being before him, then makes
    svre he bows to him first. He looks as if he hasn't seen a Pooka
    before, bvt is vsed to meeting people who don't look like the
    mark one hvman.

    > The boy bows back gracefvlly.

    Jonathon grins broadly.

    "My name's Jonathon."
    <OOC: Yov can clearly hear the second "o" replacing the more
    normal "a">
    "It's a pleasvre to meet yov."

    His accent is "well edvcated English Gentleman"

    He extends his hand in a clear offer to shake hands. There's one
    large gold ring on his middle finger. It appears to be plain,
    bvt if yov look at it yov will see that it originally had a
    woodgrain effect which has nearly all worn away.

    > > Having done this he says

    > > "Hola everyone. What's vp with this place?"

    > "We're jvst between managers," the boy says cheerfvlly. "The
    > old one left in a hvff and a pvff and we've been _waiting_
    > for his replacement bvt there's some kind of contract
    > difficvlties and _then they decided that since there's no
    > manager at the moment anyway they figvred it wovld be a great
    > time to go and re-decorate bvt _then there was some confvsion
    > abovt what the plans were and who was doing what and, well,
    > yov know." He waves a hand arovnd. "Technically we're not
    > even open now - I mean, we pvt annovncements in all the
    > papers and everything, bvt I gvess yov didn't see them - bvt
    > anyway, since the door asked yov in yov might as well stay
    > for a while and the price of yovr first drink is a story
    > vnless yov're bvying drinks for everyone in which case the
    > price of yovr first drink is a story and their's is later."

    > He cocks his head, watching to see if the newcomer got all
    > this.

    He seems to have got the gist of it.

    "Management fovlvps form a large part of my workload, one way or
    another. And telling a story to get yovr first drink is an
    interesting cvstom. I'll have to think of one that I can tell,
    althovgh I don't need a drink, at the moment."

    Jonathon.

    --
    .... Xerox never comes vp with anything original.

    __ __ __ __ __ ___
    |__||__)/ __/ \|\ ||_ | And isn't yovr life extremely flat
    | || \\__/\__/| \||__ | with nothing whatever to grvmble at.

    ....Rvnning the RISC... lbATargonetDOTcoDOTvk
  22. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    "Kylinn" <kylinn@kygmail.comky> wrote in message
    > The boy pats at his pockets and comes up with a
    > slightly-melted half bar of chocolate. He starts to offer it
    > to the dragon. And hesitates.
    >
    > "Is chocolate okay for you?" He speaks directly to the
    > dragonling, not his mistress. "Only I know most people are
    > allergic to it so I wouldn't want you to break out in purple
    > spots or anything, though ... that might actually be kinda
    > fetching. Well, on some folks. Anyway, you have a cute pet;
    > mind if I say 'hi' to her?"

    Rustarin looks to the chocolate bar, then to the rabbit.
    Chocolate bar.
    Rabbit
    Chocolate Bar....
    She takes a quick bite out of the chocolate, savoring the taste.

    > Eyes just a bit too wide and innocent, the boy guesses, "Her
    > puppy?"

    Rustarin stops in mid bite, smoke curling from her nostrils. She growlfs,
    and cracks his hand with her tail.

    > -Toby

    Illyana Rostov
    Don't try to out innocent me.
    and
    Rustain
    'Dog' indeed!
  23. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    Kylinn wrote:

    > "Oh, I'll keep that safe for him," Toby volunteers, reaching
    > for the bottle.

    "Fair enough. If _you want to take on the responsibility of looking
    after this _very_special bottle of whisky that the
    _very_angry_seven_foot_hairy_homicidal_killing_machine asked me to get,
    that would be excellent...'cos I certainly wouldn't want to have to
    tell him if anything _untoward happened to it!." She draws her thumb
    across her throat, makes a 'krrch' noise and shudders.
    > - Toby

    -Wildwind
    Think of the mess he'd leave...EEWWW!
  24. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    Kylinn wrote:

    > "Oh, I'll keep that safe for him," Toby volunteers, reaching
    > for the bottle.

    "Fair enough. If _you want to take on the responsibility of looking
    after this _very_special bottle of whisky that the
    _very_angry_seven_foot_hairy_homicidal_killing_machine asked me to get,
    that would be excellent...'cos I certainly wouldn't want to have to
    tell him if anything _untoward happened to it!." She draws her thumb
    across her throat, makes a 'krrch' noise and shudders.

    > - Toby

    -Wildwind
    Think of the mess he'd leave...EEWWW!
  25. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    "Wildwind" <wildwindsco@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    > "Man, I don't know what was in that Mickey Finn I had the
    > last time, but, it must have been good, I don't remember
    > leaving."

    Jane raises an eyebrow.

    "You don't remember yelling, 'I can walk on my own ya god-damned
    copper' and staggering out the door?" A smile whispers across
    her face.

    > -Wildwind

    -Jane Palanis, Maj. (retired)
  26. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    Todd Rich <torin@panix.com> wrote:

    > "Well hello," Kronos says, seeing a familar face. "I hope
    > you don't mind, I started cleaning up a bit," he gestures
    > to the stretch of spotless bar.

    "Not at all," Jane says. "The more the merrier." Her eyes
    twinkle. "Saves me from having to deputize everyone."

    > Kronos

    -Palanis, Maj. (retired)
  27. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    "The_Livewire" <The_Livewire@hotmail.com>:

    > Rustarin stops in mid bite, smoke curling from her
    > nostrils. She growlfs, and cracks his hand with her tail.

    Jane looks at the small dragon and then at Illyana.

    "Interesting. I've seen species of dragons but none this
    small."

    Jane starts removing bottles from the crate of wine she brought
    in. On each is a plain label, black and white. However, each
    has a drawing of individual human face on them. The text reads:

    100% Human Blood

    Certified by the City of Mediquin.

    Anti-coagulants added. Bottle deposit: 3 pense.

    She looks at the bottle and makes the vaguest of faces. "Hope
    Paddy doesn't mind."

    > Illyana Rostov
    > Don't try to out innocent me.
    > and
    > Rustain

    -Jane Palanis
  28. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    Laurence wrote:

    > Jonathon looks at the dust.
    >
    > "Interesting.

    Wildwind raises an eyebrow and wonders what drugs he's been taking.

    > Sorry, I'm a private investigator so I tend to notice things...
    > like the fact that the dust isn't evenly deposited, and it's in
    > one or two places that it really shouldn't be. It looks like
    > someone has tried to make this place look like it hasn't been
    > used for years."

    "A P.I.?." She looks at him and winks. "Magnum or Cadfael?."

    > > She places the bottle on the bar. "This is for Padraig when he
    > > comes back."
    >
    > "I look forward to meeting him if his clientel are always as
    > interesting as this."

    She laughs. "I'm Ga-ya-da-hi U-nu-le or just plain Wildwind to the
    linguistically challenged."

    > Jonathon.

    -Wildwind
  29. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    Jane Palanis wrote:

    > Jane raises an eyebrow.
    >
    > "You don't remember yelling, 'I can walk on my own ya god-damned
    > copper' and staggering out the door?" A smile whispers across
    > her face.

    Wildwind turns a fetching shade of red. "You didn't have to shoot me or
    anything did you?" she asks, fearing the worst.
    > -Jane Palanis, Maj. (retired)

    -Wildwind
  30. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    "The_Livewire" <The_Livewire@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > "Kylinn" <kylinn@kygmail.comky> wrote in message

    >> The boy pats at his pockets and comes up with a
    >> slightly-melted half bar of chocolate. He starts to offer
    >> it to the dragon.
    <snip>

    > Rustarin looks to the chocolate bar, then to the rabbit.
    > Chocolate bar.
    > Rabbit
    > Chocolate Bar....
    > She takes a quick bite out of the chocolate, savoring the
    > taste.

    "May I pet you?" the boy asks politely.

    >> Eyes just a bit too wide and innocent, the boy guesses,
    >> "Her puppy?"
    >
    > Rustarin stops in mid bite, smoke curling from her
    > nostrils. She growlfs, and cracks his hand with her tail.

    "Ow!" He shakes his hand and looks aggrieved. "Well, she didn't
    _say_ it was herself, did she? Wouldn't it be presumptious of me
    to assume it was when she was being coy about it? I didn't _mean
    anything by it."

    He gingerly extends the chocolate again. "Would it help if I
    said 'sorry'?"

    >> -Toby
    >
    > Illyana Rostov
    > Don't try to out innocent me.
    > and
    > Rustain
    > 'Dog' indeed!

    -Toby

    --
    (Remove excess nicknames to reply.)
  31. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    "Wildwind" <wildwindsco@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
    > Kylinn wrote:

    >> "Oh, I'll keep that safe for him," Toby volunteers,
    >> reaching for the bottle.
    >
    > "Fair enough. If _you want to take on the responsibility of
    > looking after this _very_special bottle of whisky that the
    > _very_angry_seven_foot_hairy_homicidal_killing_machine
    > asked me to get, that would be excellent...'cos I certainly
    > wouldn't want to have to tell him if anything _untoward
    > happened to it!." She draws her thumb across her throat,
    > makes a 'krrch' noise and shudders.

    "Oh, that's fine then," Toby says sunnily. "He's my bestest
    bud and would never do anything that would hurt a hair on my
    head. And anyway, he did ask me to help out around here a
    while back, and I _do take my responsibilities very seriously,
    you know."

    >> - Toby
    >>
    > -Wildwind
    > Think of the mess he'd leave...EEWWW!

    - Toby
    He'd never! His totem would be soooo pissed with him.

    --
    (Remove excess nicknames to reply.)
  32. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    Laurence <lb@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
    > Kylinn <kylinn@kygmail.comky> wrote:

    <snip>
    > That third metal band on his cane is changing colour
    > faster, almost kaleidoscoping,

    Kewl!

    > but Jonathon doesn't seem to notice this.

    Well, there are other things to look at here. *preen*

    > His two dogs look more puzzled at Toby's appearance and
    > scent. The male even looks like he might move to defend his
    > owner. Jonathon doesn't even look down before saying.
    > "Calm Brody. We've been met in much worse ways."
    >
    > <OOC: I assume the field that means the Pooka appear in
    > their true form is still active.>

    [ooc: I have no idea and am willing to play it either way.
    How long that huge blast of Glamour would keep the Pub
    enchanted, or if it would have faded away by whenever 'now'
    is... *shrug*.]

    >> > He then makes a short bow to everyone, one at a time.
    >> > He's especially careful to bow properly to the dragon.
    >
    > Jonathon looks carefully at the being before him, then
    > makes sure he bows to him first. He looks as if he hasn't
    > seen a Pooka before, but is used to meeting people who
    > don't look like the mark one human.
    >
    >> The boy bows back gracefully.
    >
    > Jonathon grins broadly.
    >
    > "My name's Jonathon."
    > <OOC: You can clearly hear the second "o" replacing the
    > more normal "a">
    > "It's a pleasure to meet you."
    >
    > His accent is "well educated English Gentleman"
    >
    > He extends his hand in a clear offer to shake hands.

    "No thanks," the boy raises a hand protestingly, "I just ate."

    "... Oh, wait!" He smacks himself on the forehead. "Duh!"

    He reaches out to shake Jonathon's hand. "So pleased to meetcha.
    Call me Ishmael. Or Toby, if you like; some folks call me that,
    though I have no idea why."

    <snip>
    >> He cocks his head, watching to see if the newcomer got all
    >> this.
    >
    > He seems to have got the gist of it.
    >
    > "Management foulups form a large part of my workload, one
    > way or another. And telling a story to get your first drink
    > is an interesting custom. I'll have to think of one that I
    > can tell, although I don't need a drink, at the moment."

    Toby looks appalled. "Don't tell the owner that. He worked
    hard to make the place a going concern, all by himself, and
    he's very proud of his stock. 'Something for everyone', that's
    his motto."

    "Anyway, what about your friends here?" He indicates the dogs.

    > Jonathon.

    -Toby

    --
    (Remove excess nicknames to reply.)
  33. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    The_Livewire wrote:
    > "Justine Rogers" <justine@area88.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    >
    >>The_Livewire wrote:
    >>
    >>>"This is the way the world ended,' She says, looking to her dragon, "One
    >>>at a time."
    >>
    >>(ooc: Hey... the Livewire returns.)
    >

    > (OOC: just in time for the end it seemed. I actually have time and sanity
    > now)

    (OoC: Can't say I'v posted much in the past year bu tthat's because one
    of the prominent posters really really annoys me. I could ignore him
    when he was one of about 10, but not when he was one of three.)
  34. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    In article
    <1102580036.039874.230520@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    Wildwind <wildwindsco@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    > Laurence wrote:

    > > Jonathon looks at the dust.

    > > "Interesting.

    > Wildwind raises an eyebrow and wonders what drugs he's been
    > taking.

    > > Sorry, I'm a private investigator so I tend to notice
    > > things... like the fact that the dust isn't evenly
    > > deposited, and it's in one or two places that it really
    > > shouldn't be. It looks like someone has tried to make this
    > > place look like it hasn't been used for years."

    > "A P.I.?."

    "For my sins."

    > She looks at him and winks. "Magnum or Cadfael?."

    "A bit of Nero Wolf, some Monk and a lot of connections.
    Although if it's a strict choice, I'd prefer to be Cadfael."

    Jonathon grins back.

    > > > She places the bottle on the bar. "This is for Padraig
    > > > when he comes back."

    > > "I look forward to meeting him if his clientel are always as
    > > interesting as this."

    > She laughs. "I'm Ga-ya-da-hi U-nu-le or just plain Wildwind to
    > the linguistically challenged."

    "Very pleased to meet you Ga-ya-da-hi U-nu-le."

    Despite the handicap of his accent, Jonathon does a pretty good
    job of pronouncing your name correctly.

    "Although I would prefer to use your alternative if I may.

    I'm Jonathon Young. And my companions are Broderick and
    Elizabeth, Brody and Liz to their friends.

    Liz, Brody, say hello to a friend."

    The two dogs move forward and sniff gently.

    Jonathon.

    --
    .... Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are (usually) unnecessary.

    __ __ __ __ __ ___
    |__||__)/ __/ \|\ ||_ | And isn't your life extremely flat
    | || \\__/\__/| \||__ | with nothing whatever to grumble at.

    ....Running the RISC... lbATargonetDOTcoDOTuk
  35. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    "Wildwind" <wildwindsco@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    >> Jane raises an eyebrow.
    >>
    >> "You don't remember yelling, 'I can walk on my own ya
    >> god-damned copper' and staggering out the door?" A smile
    >> whispers across her face.
    >
    > Wildwind turns a fetching shade of red. "You didn't have to
    > shoot me or anything did you?" she asks, fearing the worst.

    "So you don't remember," Jane says with a nod. She leans in
    closer. "Neither do I."

    >> -Jane Palanis, Maj. (retired)
    >
    > -Wildwind

    -Jane
    Gotcha.
  36. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    The_Livewire wrote:

    > Illyana looks hopefully for a familiar face among the newcomers. She then
    > goes back to her glass, scratching her dragon between the wings.

    He was probably already there in the corner, brooding over a pint; after
    all, the door wasn't locked when Illyana came in. Pale skin and paler
    hair, sunglasses - blue-gold lennon-style - unnecessary in the dim
    lighting of the pub, but too much a part of his identity to remove. Very
    well tailored charcoal grey suit, white shirt, no tie, black leather
    driving gloves. Briefcase by Giger on the floor beside his chair.

    Shane watches the people entering the pub with mild interest.

    'Shane'
    Not-so-rogue mage

    (OoC: FYI, my characters are all pre-end of the WoD because I haven't
    been following the WW metaplot for years.)
  37. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    Jane Palanis wrote:

    > "So you don't remember," Jane says with a nod. She leans in
    > closer. "Neither do I."

    "I _hate_ it when that happens." She smiles. "Anyways, i'm an amiable
    drunk...most of the time and there wasn't really anyone here to fight
    with, other than Thumper."

    > -Jane
    > Gotcha.
    -Wildwind
    Fisticuffs with a Troll, a painful experience i'd imagine.
  38. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    Kylinn wrote:

    > "Oh, that's fine then," Toby says sunnily. "He's my bestest
    > bud and would never do anything that would hurt a hair on my
    > head. And anyway, he did ask me to help out around here a
    > while back, and I _do take my responsibilities very seriously,
    > you know."

    A serious expression settles on her features.

    "Glad to hear it and since the bottle is a gift from me to Padraig, _I
    expect _you to take good care of it, because it wasn't exactly easy to
    get a hold of."

    She holds her hand up, palm in front of her face and says "Da-ni-ta
    ga."

    > - Toby
    > He'd never! His totem would be soooo pissed with him.
    -Wildwind
    I on the other hand don't have any such restrictions.
  39. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    Laurence wrote:

    > > She looks at him and winks. "Magnum or Cadfael?."
    >
    > "A bit of Nero Wolf, some Monk and a lot of connections.
    > Although if it's a strict choice, I'd prefer to be Cadfael."
    >
    > Jonathon grins back.

    "I reckon i'd opt for the sunshine and the Ferrari."

    > "Very pleased to meet you Ga-ya-da-hi U-nu-le."
    >
    > Despite the handicap of his accent, Jonathon does a pretty good
    > job of pronouncing your name correctly.
    >
    > "Although I would prefer to use your alternative if I may.

    "Sure."

    > I'm Jonathon Young. And my companions are Broderick and
    > Elizabeth, Brody and Liz to their friends.
    >
    > Liz, Brody, say hello to a friend."
    >
    > The two dogs move forward and sniff gently.

    She sits down cross legged on the floor and holds out her hands.

    "O-si-yo, Gi-li-ni-ta, how're things in the hectic canine world these
    days?."

    > Jonathon.

    -Wildwind
  40. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    > The_Livewire wrote:
    >>
    >> Illyana looks hopefully for a familiar face among the newcomers. She
    >> then goes back to her glass, scratching her dragon between the wings.
    >
    > He was probably already there in the corner, brooding over a pint; after
    > all, the door wasn't locked when Illyana came in. Pale skin and paler
    > hair, sunglasses - blue-gold lennon-style - unnecessary in the dim
    > lighting of the pub, but too much a part of his identity to remove. Very
    > well tailored charcoal grey suit, white shirt, no tie, black leather
    > driving gloves. Briefcase by Giger on the floor beside his chair.
    >
    > Shane watches the people entering the pub with mild interest.

    Illyana sips her vodka, ironically missing the friendly(?) face. Rustain
    *grolfs* at the mage.

    > 'Shane'
    > Not-so-rogue mage
    >
    > (OoC: FYI, my characters are all pre-end of the WoD because I haven't been
    > following the WW metaplot for years.)

    (OOC: like that ever stopped me)
  41. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    "Jane Palanis" <nowhere@example.com> wrote in message
    > "The_Livewire" <The_Livewire@hotmail.com>:
    >

    >> Rustarin stops in mid bite, smoke curling from her
    >> nostrils. She growlfs, and cracks his hand with her tail.
    >
    > Jane looks at the small dragon and then at Illyana.
    >
    > "Interesting. I've seen species of dragons but none this
    > small."

    "She's only 30. Our big sisters say she has much growing to do. So maybe
    you not see all of her yet."

    Rustarin poses, her nose up in the air.

    > She looks at the bottle and makes the vaguest of faces. "Hope
    > Paddy doesn't mind."

    "What ever happened to nutrimatic machine? Anyone ever get baby out of it?"

    > -Jane Palanis

    Illyana
    Where's Alex when you need him?
  42. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    > "The_Livewire" <The_Livewire@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >> "Kylinn" <kylinn@kygmail.comky> wrote in message
    >
    >> Rustarin looks to the chocolate bar, then to the rabbit.
    >> Chocolate bar.
    >> Rabbit
    >> Chocolate Bar....
    >> She takes a quick bite out of the chocolate, savoring the
    >> taste.
    >
    > "May I pet you?" the boy asks politely.

    Rustarin eyes him cautiously, then looks to Illyana, who growls at her. The
    dragon nods, conveying a feeling that he should be honoured to be allowed to
    touch her.

    > "Ow!" He shakes his hand and looks aggrieved. "Well, she didn't
    > _say_ it was herself, did she? Wouldn't it be presumptious of me
    > to assume it was when she was being coy about it? I didn't _mean
    > anything by it."

    Rustarin shakes her head and growls.

    Illyana growls back at her

    > He gingerly extends the chocolate again. "Would it help if I
    > said 'sorry'?"

    She takes a bite of the chocolate and consents to being petted.

    >>> -Toby
    >>
    >> Illyana Rostov
    >> Don't try to out innocent me.
    >> and
    >> Rustain
    >> 'Dog' indeed!
    >
    > -Toby
    >
    > --
    > (Remove excess nicknames to reply.)
  43. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    "The_Livewire" <The_Livewire@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >> Jane looks at the small dragon and then at Illyana.
    >>
    >> "Interesting. I've seen species of dragons but none this
    >> small."
    >
    > "She's only 30. Our big sisters say she has much growing to
    > do. So maybe you not see all of her yet."
    >
    > Rustarin poses, her nose up in the air.

    Jane nods at the dragon. "You certainly are a fine young
    dragon."

    >> She looks at the bottle and makes the vaguest of faces.
    >> "Hope Paddy doesn't mind."
    >
    > "What ever happened to nutrimatic machine? Anyone ever get
    > baby out of it?"

    Jane continues straightening up. "The last I knew it was worked
    on by a Ragabash Garou and a Technocrat." She pauses. "Get
    baby out of it?" she asks blandly.

    >> -Jane Palanis
    >
    > Illyana
    > Where's Alex when you need him?

    -Jane
  44. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    The_Livewire wrote:
    > "Justine Rogers" <justine@area88.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    >
    >>The_Livewire wrote:

    >>Shane watches the people entering the pub with mild interest.
    >
    > Illyana sips her vodka, ironically missing the friendly(?) face. Rustain
    > *grolfs* at the mage.

    "Interesting creature."

    Shane
    not-so-rogue mage
    - Friendly enough whilst here. Outside? I can't answer that.
  45. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    Jane Palanis wrote:

    >>"What ever happened to nutrimatic machine? Anyone ever get
    >>baby out of it?"

    > Jane continues straightening up. "The last I knew it was worked
    > on by a Ragabash Garou and a Technocrat."

    "No wonder the poor thing didn't survive."

    > She pauses. "Get baby out of it?" she asks blandly.

    "Don't worry. I doubt it would have worked."

    Shane
    not-so-rogue mage
    - After all, you always had to provide your own container for the drinks
    the machine provided.
  46. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    In article <Xns95B9D9A1A9AB4plrctyky@130.81.64.196>,
    Kylinn <kylinn@kygmail.comky> wrote:
    > Laurence <lb@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
    > > Kylinn <kylinn@kygmail.comky> wrote:

    > <snip>
    > > That third metal band on his cane is changing colour
    > > faster, almost kaleidoscoping,

    > Kewl!

    > > but Jonathon doesn't seem to notice this.

    > Well, there are other things to look at here. *preen*

    That's true. Since Toby is the first Pooka Jonathon has seen
    he's taking a careful look at him without seeming to do so.

    > > <OOC: I assume the field that means the Pooka appear in
    > > their true form is still active.>

    > [ooc: I have no idea and am willing to play it either way.
    > How long that huge blast of Glamour would keep the Pub
    > enchanted, or if it would have faded away by whenever 'now'
    > is... *shrug*.]

    <OOC: I'd suspect that if the pub is in it's own unique plane or
    pocket universe, there's nothing for it to leak away into.
    Characters might carry tiny amounts out with them when they
    leave, but it could take centuries of people coming and going to
    reduce the Glamour to reasonable levels.>

    <Snip bows>

    > > He extends his hand in a clear offer to shake hands.

    > "No thanks," the boy raises a hand protestingly, "I just ate."

    > "... Oh, wait!" He smacks himself on the forehead. "Duh!"

    > He reaches out to shake Jonathon's hand. "So pleased to
    > meetcha. Call me Ishmael. Or Toby, if you like; some folks
    > call me that, though I have no idea why."

    Jonathon's grip is firm, but he seems a little cool to the
    touch.
    "So, Toby then. A real pleasure to meet you."

    > <snip>

    > > "Management foulups form a large part of my workload, one
    > > way or another. And telling a story to get your first drink
    > > is an interesting custom. I'll have to think of one that I
    > > can tell, although I don't need a drink, at the moment."

    > Toby looks appalled. "Don't tell the owner that. He worked
    > hard to make the place a going concern, all by himself, and
    > he's very proud of his stock. 'Something for everyone', that's
    > his motto."

    "I don't drink much in the way of alcohol, it doesn't do
    anything for me."

    > "Anyway, what about your friends here?" He indicates the dogs.

    "Thank you for reminding me. My manners are completely shot.
    Meet Broderick and Elizabeth."

    He indicates each of the dogs as he speaks their names. The dogs
    look up at the sound of their names.

    "They're Brody and Liz to friends, which I'll deal with right
    now."

    He looks down at the dogs who are looking up at him.

    "Liz, Brody, he's a friend."

    The two dogs look at Toby and move up to him, obviously
    expecting a stroke or pet. Jonathon returns to talking to Toby.

    "Go ahead and stroke them if you want, they are my companions
    and guards, but they're still really only pups and they enjoy
    attention from new friends."

    Jonathon.

    --
    .... All machines are amplifiers.

    __ __ __ __ __ ___
    |__||__)/ __/ \|\ ||_ | And isn't your life extremely flat
    | || \\__/\__/| \||__ | with nothing whatever to grumble at.

    ....Running the RISC... lbATargonetDOTcoDOTuk
  47. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    Justine Rogers <justine@area88.demon.co.uk>:

    >> Jane continues straightening up. "The last I knew it was
    >> worked on by a Ragabash Garou and a Technocrat."
    >
    > "No wonder the poor thing didn't survive."

    She nods. "I had the distinct impression that the Garou was
    very good with her hands but magical devices were out of her
    domain," she says dryly. "The Technocrat... he appeared to
    have a real touch with machines."

    >> She pauses. "Get baby out of it?" she asks blandly.
    >
    > "Don't worry. I doubt it would have worked."

    "The baby would have had to fit through a very small opening,"
    she remarks.

    > Shane
    > not-so-rogue mage
    > - After all, you always had to provide your own container
    > for the drinks the machine provided.

    -Jane
  48. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    Jane Palanis wrote:
    > Justine Rogers <justine@area88.demon.co.uk>:

    > She nods. "I had the distinct impression that the Garou was
    > very good with her hands but magical devices were out of her
    > domain," she says dryly. "The Technocrat... he appeared to
    > have a real touch with machines."

    "Which technocrat and ragabash were they?"

    >>>She pauses. "Get baby out of it?" she asks blandly.
    >>
    >>"Don't worry. I doubt it would have worked."
    >
    > "The baby would have had to fit through a very small opening,"
    > she remarks.

    "I'm sure there's a stock response to that statement, but I can't
    remember it."

    Shane
    not-so-rogue mage
  49. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

    In article <1102672926.459060.5750@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
    Wildwind <wildwindsco@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    > Laurence wrote:

    > > > She looks at him and winks. "Magnum or Cadfael?."

    > > "A bit of Nero Wolf, some Monk and a lot of connections.
    > > Although if it's a strict choice, I'd prefer to be Cadfael."

    > > Jonathon grins back.

    > "I reckon i'd opt for the sunshine and the Ferrari."

    "I don't get on very well with sunshine I'm afraid. I picked up
    a nasty little virus some time ago and it's made me rather over
    sensitive to the stuff amongst other effects. Not that I mind
    too much I always was a bit of an owl.

    Besides, I prefer to think and solve rather than chase around
    getting shot at... not that that hasn't happened, and I'd much
    rather have KITT than a Ferrari.

    Sorry, KITT's my main vehicle. A Daimler Adamant built in the
    early 50's and given some very serious modifications since then.
    He's a hydrogen burner and has improved armour, concealed
    weapons, Good E.C.M, full A.P. He's intelligent in his own
    right, something I can't explain, I'm not sure if he's an A.I.
    or a spirit of some kind, but he certainly thinks for himself
    these days."

    > > "Very pleased to meet you Ga-ya-da-hi U-nu-le."

    > > Despite the handicap of his accent, Jonathon does a pretty
    > > good job of pronouncing your name correctly.

    > > "Although I would prefer to use your alternative if I may.

    > "Sure."

    "Thank you."

    > > I'm Jonathon Young. And my companions are Broderick and
    > > Elizabeth, Brody and Liz to their friends.

    > > Liz, Brody, say hello to a friend."

    > > The two dogs move forward and sniff gently.

    > She sits down cross legged on the floor and holds out her
    > hands.

    Each dog approaches one hand and licks gently, then turns so you
    can stroke them. They are clearly Kennel Club standard bulldogs,
    they probably have a bloodline better than most human royalty.
    Despite this they are typical friendly but well behaved dogs.
    Every so often one will look back at Jonathon.

    > "O-si-yo, Gi-li-ni-ta, how're things in the hectic canine
    > world these days?."

    "These two are out of that scene unfortunately. The only other
    dogs they get to meet frequently are my sisters Samoyed. It's
    amazingly funny when they start bouncing around the garden
    together at either her place or mine. That's not to say they
    lack for other friends, they have plenty, some of them rather
    strange. Like Tyme's cat."

    You get the impression that Jonathon isn't a cat person,
    although whether it's all cats or just the one he's mentioned is
    less clear.

    Jonathon.

    --
    .... Never attribute to malice that which may be explained by stupidity.

    |__||__)/ __/ \|\ ||_ | And isn't your life extremely flat
    | || \\__/\__/| \||__ | with nothing whatever to grumble at.

    ....Running the RISC... lbATargonetDOTcoDOTuk

Video Games