Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

IC: Wolves Glen Pub

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 7:04:11 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

A lone figure steps through the door, a blond woman, maybe in her 20's but
looking in her deep blue eyes, one might catch a glimpse of somethint older.
She wears a faded Russian army jacket, and carries a russack over her
shoulder. Perhapse more extraordinary is the dragon at her side, the size
of a large cat or small dog. The dragon's scales are a deep blue colour.

She walks through the Pub quietly, a hand passing over where the nutrimatic
machine stood, a glance at a certain booth in memory, a long look at the
howling wolf in the mirror behind the bar. She lays a hand on the bar,
feeling the dust under her fingers. The dragon flies up to the bar, tail
coiling around an empty glass.

"This is the way the world ended,' She says, looking to her dragon, "One at
a time."

Illyana Rostov

More about : wolves glen pub

Anonymous
December 4, 2004 10:06:02 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

The_Livewire <The_Livewire@hotmail.com> wrote:
> A lone figure steps through the door, a blond woman, maybe in her 20's but
> looking in her deep blue eyes, one might catch a glimpse of somethint older.
> She wears a faded Russian army jacket, and carries a russack over her
> shoulder. Perhapse more extraordinary is the dragon at her side, the size
> of a large cat or small dog. The dragon's scales are a deep blue colour.

> She walks through the Pub quietly, a hand passing over where the nutrimatic
> machine stood, a glance at a certain booth in memory, a long look at the
> howling wolf in the mirror behind the bar. She lays a hand on the bar,
> feeling the dust under her fingers. The dragon flies up to the bar, tail
> coiling around an empty glass.

> "This is the way the world ended,' She says, looking to her dragon, "One at
> a time."

The door opens again, revealing a plain light purple view. No featues at
all are visible, other than the impression of great depth, and a man in a
poet shirt, leather vest, and jeans. Kronos looks around, his blond curls
bouncing slightly. Looking puzzled, he steps in and closes the door
behind him. "That's odd," he says walking over to bar. He nods to the
lady. "I take from the look of the place, you are the only one here?"
Not waiting for a reply, he continues, "It took a fair amount more work to
get here this time. I couldn't find the door normally, I had to open the
path to it from my workshop."

"Oh well, if you don't mind, I might as well clean up the place a bit and
make it more presentable." With this he walks around, grabs a towel,
and starts wiping down the bar. "So, as soon as I can get enough of the
bar cleaned up that I'm not afraid of opening a bottle, I'll get you a
drink. I think the price for the first one is still a story."


> Illyana Rostov

Kronos
Anonymous
December 5, 2004 8:00:22 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

"The_Livewire" <The_Livewire@hotmail.com> wrote:

> A lone figure steps through the door, a blond woman, maybe in
> her 20's but looking in her deep blue eyes, one might catch a
> glimpse of somethint older. She wears a faded Russian army
> jacket, and carries a russack over her shoulder. Perhapse
> more extraordinary is the dragon at her side, the size of a
> large cat or small dog. The dragon's scales are a deep blue
> colour.
>
> She walks through the Pub quietly, a hand passing over where
> the nutrimatic machine stood, a glance at a certain booth in
> memory, a long look at the howling wolf in the mirror behind
> the bar. She lays a hand on the bar, feeling the dust under
> her fingers. The dragon flies up to the bar, tail coiling
> around an empty glass.
>
> "This is the way the world ended,' She says, looking to her
> dragon, "One at a time."

Footsteps come lightly pattering down the stairs, and a teenage
boy comes into view, rubbing his eyes and yawning. He seems to
be about 15 or 16 years old, and about 5'4" or so tall. Lean
and wiry rather than skinny, even half-awake he moves with a
certain grace.

Like Rip VanWinkle, he seems to have slept through the end of
the world. Or, at least, an end. He runs a hand through his
curly brown hair and looks around in apparent surprise. He's
wearing black jeans, black sneaker-boots, and a warm-looking
brown long-sleeved shirt.

"Wow! This is the busiest I've ever seen the place: where'd
everyone go?"

> Illyana Rostov

-Toby
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
December 5, 2004 10:41:16 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

The_Livewire wrote:
> "This is the way the world ended,' She says, looking to her dragon, "One at
> a time."

(ooc: Hey... the Livewire returns.)
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 3:25:49 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

"The_Livewire" <The_Livewire@hotmail.com> wrote:


> She walks through the Pub quietly, a hand passing over where the
> nutrimatic machine stood, a glance at a certain booth in memory, a
> long look at the howling wolf in the mirror behind the bar. She lays
> a hand on the bar, feeling the dust under her fingers. The dragon
> flies up to the bar, tail coiling around an empty glass.
>
> "This is the way the world ended,' She says, looking to her dragon,
> "One at a time."

There is the sound of someone entering from the back door. From the
kitchen is the sound of packages being placed on counters.

A woman comes out from the kitchen. She is stocky, with short gray hair.
Her age is perhaps in the late 50's. She's wearing a quilted jacket,
loose cotton pants and hard leather boots. In her hands are several
bottles of wine.

She looks around and makes a face. "I thought I was gone just a few
minutes..." She looks at the dust like a drill seargent looks at a
dirty uniform. "This won't do."

She puts down the wine and looks up at the woman. "Hello. Sorry
about the mess. I guess I was gone longer than I expected. My
name's Jane." She starts hustling - cleaning up the bar. "Tell a
story and the first drink's free... after I find a clean glass."

> Illyana Rostov

-Jane Palanis
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 4:14:59 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

Jane Palanis <nowhere@example.com> wrote in
news:Xns95B6C7E0156B5palanis@130.81.64.196:

> She looks around and makes a face. "I thought I was gone
> just a few minutes..." She looks at the dust like a drill
> seargent looks at a dirty uniform. "This won't do."

[ooc: Okay, *hands on hips* - who told the Pattern
Spiders they could go to sleep?]

-Ky
(Remove excess nicknames to reply.)
December 6, 2004 5:06:43 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

Jane Palanis wrote:

> A woman comes out from the kitchen. She is stocky, with short gray
hair.
> Her age is perhaps in the late 50's. She's wearing a quilted jacket,

> loose cotton pants and hard leather boots. In her hands are several
> bottles of wine.

The door opens once more and a tall swarthy woman enters. She grins at
Palanis indicates the wine and says, "O-si-yo, Major. It looks like
i've arrived just in time."

She's wearing Levis, a purple shirt and a denim jacket and she has a
ruck sack slung over one shoulder.

"Man, I don't know what was in that Mickey Finn I had the last time,
but, it must have been good, I don't remember leaving."
> -Jane Palanis

-Wildwind
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 2:50:40 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

"Todd Rich" <torin@panix.com> wrote in message
news:cot1qq$8do$1@reader1.panix.com...

> The door opens again, revealing a plain light purple view. No featues at
> all are visible, other than the impression of great depth, and a man in a
> poet shirt, leather vest, and jeans. Kronos looks around, his blond curls
> bouncing slightly. Looking puzzled, he steps in and closes the door
> behind him. "That's odd," he says walking over to bar. He nods to the
> lady. "I take from the look of the place, you are the only one here?"
> Not waiting for a reply, he continues, "It took a fair amount more work to
> get here this time. I couldn't find the door normally, I had to open the
> path to it from my workshop."
>
> "Oh well, if you don't mind, I might as well clean up the place a bit and
> make it more presentable." With this he walks around, grabs a towel,
> and starts wiping down the bar. "So, as soon as I can get enough of the
> bar cleaned up that I'm not afraid of opening a bottle, I'll get you a
> drink. I think the price for the first one is still a story."

"Vodka, and lots of it." The dragon growlf's at her mistress, "And rabbit."

"A long time ago, another lifetime, it seem. There was a girl. Not just any
girl, one who should not exist. She had friends, a family of sorts, but did
not know there was another family, one who was closer to her than she knew.
She was raised by her first family, but made by her second. Then her first
family killed by her second family. She tried to kill her Third father, but
he killed her instead."

She smiles sadly, "She got better. Her third family took her in, thinking
she was related, not knowing what her second family had done. She was
happy, she had everything she ever wanted."

"Then the darkness came. It took her first and second father first. Then
her third family found out she really didn't belong.with them. They tried
to love her, but it was no loger the same. She lived through the end, and
beyond, wandering with the only being who still loves her unconditionally."

'That enough of story?"

>> Illyana Rostov
>
> Kronos
>
Illyana Rostov.
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 4:21:05 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

Kylinn wrote:
> Jane Palanis <nowhere@example.com> wrote in
> news:Xns95B6C7E0156B5palanis@130.81.64.196:
>
>>She looks around and makes a face. "I thought I was gone
>>just a few minutes..." She looks at the dust like a drill
>>seargent looks at a dirty uniform. "This won't do."
>
> [ooc: Okay, *hands on hips* - who told the Pattern
> Spiders they could go to sleep?]

(ooc: Clearly, the dust must have been put there deliberately - and
someone must be considering the dust significant...

I wonder who?

- The Master Of The Geomid)

> -Ky
> (Remove excess nicknames to reply.)

Alistair
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 5:44:15 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

The_Livewire <The_Livewire@hotmail.com> wrote:

(snip)

> "Vodka, and lots of it." The dragon growlf's at her mistress, "And rabbit."

Kronos continues to clean the counter quickly as she starts her story.

> "A long time ago, another lifetime, it seem. There was a girl. Not just any
> girl, one who should not exist. She had friends, a family of sorts, but did
> not know there was another family, one who was closer to her than she knew.
> She was raised by her first family, but made by her second. Then her first
> family killed by her second family. She tried to kill her Third father, but
> he killed her instead."

> She smiles sadly, "She got better. Her third family took her in, thinking
> she was related, not knowing what her second family had done. She was
> happy, she had everything she ever wanted."

By this point there is about a 3 foot wide spotless patch on the bar in
front of her, and he reaches under the bar and pulls out a clean glass and
a medium sized dinner plate.

> "Then the darkness came. It took her first and second father first. Then
> her third family found out she really didn't belong.with them. They tried
> to love her, but it was no loger the same. She lived through the end, and
> beyond, wandering with the only being who still loves her unconditionally."

> 'That enough of story?"

"Enough for a drink I would say," Kronos says with a gentle smile, and
grabs a full bottle of Vodka off the shelf, and pours her a healthy shot
and sets the bottle next to the glass. He then reaches under the bar
again and sets a fresh, but dead rabbit on the plate. "You didn't say how
the dragon would like the rabit, so I defaulted to fresh, whole,
unskinned. If it would prefer it cleaned or cooked I could do that as
well, but it will be a few minutes."

> Illyana Rostov.

Kronos

(cue others entering)

"Well hello everybody"
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 5:46:57 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

Jane Palanis <nowhere@example.com> wrote:
(snip)

> There is the sound of someone entering from the back door. From the
> kitchen is the sound of packages being placed on counters.

> A woman comes out from the kitchen. She is stocky, with short gray hair.
> Her age is perhaps in the late 50's. She's wearing a quilted jacket,
> loose cotton pants and hard leather boots. In her hands are several
> bottles of wine.

> She looks around and makes a face. "I thought I was gone just a few
> minutes..." She looks at the dust like a drill seargent looks at a
> dirty uniform. "This won't do."

> She puts down the wine and looks up at the woman. "Hello. Sorry
> about the mess. I guess I was gone longer than I expected. My
> name's Jane." She starts hustling - cleaning up the bar. "Tell a
> story and the first drink's free... after I find a clean glass."
>
>> Illyana Rostov
>
> -Jane Palanis
>
(Cue merger other thread)

"Well hello," Kronos says, seeing a familar face. "I hope you don't mind,
I started cleaning up a bit," he gestures to the stretch of spotless bar.

Kronos
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 10:18:11 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

There's a machinelike whine from outside which comes to a halt
and drops rapidly in pitch. A few seconds later the door opens
on a moonlit moorland scene. In a gravel carpark you can clearly
see a car which looks impressive and expensive although you
couldn't say exactly what make it is. The man who opened the
door steps into the pub. He's in his mid 40's, slightly thin,
greying hair with sideboards and a moustache. He's wearing a
dark grey, almost black, suit which looks made to measure, but
the cut seems a little strange especially the lapels. His tie is
plain black and there's a very small silver and enamel pin in
the left lapel. Those who look for this sort of thing will
notice that the cut of the jacket is designed to conceal a
holster.

He walks using a cane with a silver top and three bands of other
metals or alloys in the top six inches. One of these looks like
gold, another could be titanium, but the third just doesn't look
like any normal metal colour. You can't say for sure whether
it's golden, silver, grey, or even blue, red or green as it
seems to change as you look at it.

He's accompanied by two bulldogs, one male, one female. The male
is slightly larger and darker brown than the female.

He looks around at the people and fixtures for a second, then
down at his dogs. He doesn't seem phased by the occupants.

"This isn't the cafe... Oh never mind it'll do, won't it."

He then makes a short bow to everyone, one at a time. He's
especially careful to bow properly to the dragon.

Having done this he says

"Hola everyone. What's up with this place?"

If anyone wants to run surreptitious scans, they will have to
get past some kind of interference that seems to be coming from
the cane. It can be done, but unless you succeed you get nothing
but a "There's nothing interesting here". Scanning the dogs is
easier.

Jonathon.

--
.... An expert: Someone who knows more and more about less and less.

__ __ __ __ __ ___
|__||__)/ __/ \|\ ||_ | And isn't your life extremely flat
| || \\__/\__/| \||__ | with nothing whatever to grumble at.

....Running the RISC... lbATargonetDOTcoDOTuk
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 4:10:53 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

"Kylinn" <kylinn@gmail.comgoaway> wrote in message
news:Xns95B67ACF6B45Fplrcty@130.81.64.196...
> "The_Livewire" <The_Livewire@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> "Wow! This is the busiest I've ever seen the place: where'd
> everyone go?"

"Do not look at me. I did no eat them."

>> Illyana Rostov
>
> -Toby

Illyana Rostov
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 4:10:56 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

"Justine Rogers" <justine@area88.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:covo6e$s8c$1$830fa17d@news.demon.co.uk...
> The_Livewire wrote:
>> "This is the way the world ended,' She says, looking to her dragon, "One
>> at a time."
>
> (ooc: Hey... the Livewire returns.)

(OOC: just in time for the end it seemed. I actually have time and sanity
now)
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 4:17:33 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

"Todd Rich" <torin@panix.com> wrote in message
news:cp1r7v$k56$1@reader1.panix.com...
> The_Livewire <The_Livewire@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> (snip)
>
>> "Vodka, and lots of it." The dragon growlf's at her mistress, "And
>> rabbit."
>
> Kronos continues to clean the counter quickly as she starts her story.

(Story consigned to Oblivion)

> "Enough for a drink I would say," Kronos says with a gentle smile, and
> grabs a full bottle of Vodka off the shelf, and pours her a healthy shot
> and sets the bottle next to the glass. He then reaches under the bar
> again and sets a fresh, but dead rabbit on the plate. "You didn't say how
> the dragon would like the rabit, so I defaulted to fresh, whole,
> unskinned. If it would prefer it cleaned or cooked I could do that as
> well, but it will be a few minutes."

The dragon sniffs the rabbit, inspecting it from front to back. She then
breathes a gout of flame over the rabbit until it is nice and cooked.
Content with her cullinary skills, she then proceeds to eat.

"Rustarin does her own cooking.' She explains, sniffing the vodka before she
downs it. She grimaces, "Who ever thought of Irish Vodka?"

>> Illyana Rostov.
>
> Kronos
>
> (cue others entering)
>
> "Well hello everybody"

Illyana looks hopefully for a familiar face among the newcomers. She then
goes back to her glass, scratching her dragon between the wings.

Illyana Rostov
and
Rustarin the Magic Dragon.
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 5:11:04 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

"The_Livewire" <The_Livewire@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Todd Rich" <torin@panix.com> wrote in message
> news:cot1qq$8do$1@reader1.panix.com...

> > "So, as soon as I can get enough of the bar cleaned
> > up that I'm not afraid of opening a bottle, I'll get you
> > a drink. I think the price for the first one is still a
> > story."

The teenage boy edges closer.

> "Vodka, and lots of it." The dragon growlf's at her
> mistress, "And rabbit."

The boy pats at his pockets and comes up with a
slightly-melted half bar of chocolate. He starts to offer it
to the dragon. And hesitates.

"Is chocolate okay for you?" He speaks directly to the
dragonling, not his mistress. "Only I know most people are
allergic to it so I wouldn't want you to break out in purple
spots or anything, though ... that might actually be kinda
fetching. Well, on some folks. Anyway, you have a cute pet;
mind if I say 'hi' to her?"

> "A long time ago, another lifetime, it seem. There was a
> girl. Not just any girl, one who should not exist. She had
> friends, a family of sorts, but did not know there was
> another family, one who was closer to her than she knew.
> She was raised by her first family, but made by her second.
> Then her first family killed by her second family. She
> tried to kill her Third father, but he killed her instead."

The boy is listening to the story now.

> She smiles sadly, "She got better. Her third family took
> her in, thinking she was related, not knowing what her
> second family had done. She was happy, she had everything
> she ever wanted."
>
> "Then the darkness came. It took her first and second
> father first. Then her third family found out she really
> didn't belong. with them. They tried to love her, but it
> was no loger the same. She lived through the end, and
> beyond, wandering with the only being who still loves her
> unconditionally."

Eyes just a bit too wide and innocent, the boy guesses, "Her
puppy?"

> > Kronos
>
> Illyana Rostov.

-Toby
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 5:13:37 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

"The_Livewire" <The_Livewire@hotmail.com> wrote :
> "Kylinn" <kylinn@gmail.comgoaway> wrote in message
> news:Xns95B67ACF6B45Fplrcty@130.81.64.196...

>> "Wow! This is the busiest I've ever seen the place: where'd
>> everyone go?"
>
> "Do not look at me. I did no eat them."

"Ha! You think I haven't heard _that_ before?"

>>> Illyana Rostov
>>
>> -Toby
>
> Illyana Rostov

Toby
--
(ooc: Remove excess nicknames to reply.)
December 7, 2004 10:30:44 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

Laurence wrote:
>
> He then makes a short bow to everyone, one at a time.

Wildwind nods and smiles.

> Having done this he says
>
> "Hola everyone. What's up with this place?"

"Except for Paddy not being behind the bar and some dust...nothin'."

With that she takes off her ruck sack, roots around inside, produces a
bottle and heads for the bar.

She places the bottle on the bar. "This is for Padraig when he comes
back."

The bottle looks suspiciously like an old wine bottle and has a hand
written label which reads. 'Longmorn, Cask Strength, 1965.'
There is a wax seal on top of the bottle.

"Now..._I_need_a_beer, so that means you'll need a story."

She leans on the bar and scratches her chin.

> Jonathon.
>
Wildwind
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 1:08:22 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

Laurence <lb@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> There's a machinelike whine from outside which comes to a
> halt and drops rapidly in pitch. A few seconds later the
> door opens on a moonlit moorland scene. In a gravel carpark
> you can clearly see a car which looks impressive and
> expensive although you couldn't say exactly what make it
> is. The man who opened the door steps into the pub. He's in
> his mid 40's, slightly thin, greying hair with sideboards
> and a moustache. He's wearing a dark grey, almost black,
> suit which looks made to measure, but the cut seems a
> little strange especially the lapels. His tie is plain
> black and there's a very small silver and enamel pin in the
> left lapel. Those who look for this sort of thing will
> notice that the cut of the jacket is designed to conceal a
> holster.
>
> He walks using a cane with a silver top and three bands of
> other metals or alloys in the top six inches. One of these
> looks like gold, another could be titanium, but the third
> just doesn't look like any normal metal colour. You can't
> say for sure whether it's golden, silver, grey, or even
> blue, red or green as it seems to change as you look at it.
>
> He's accompanied by two bulldogs, one male, one female. The
> male is slightly larger and darker brown than the female.
>
> He looks around at the people and fixtures for a second,
> then down at his dogs. He doesn't seem phased by the
> occupants.

A teenage boy dressed in black pants and brown shirt scurries
up to him.

> "This isn't the cafe... Oh never mind it'll do, won't it."
>
> He then makes a short bow to everyone, one at a time. He's
> especially careful to bow properly to the dragon.

The boy bows back gracefully.

> Having done this he says
>
> "Hola everyone. What's up with this place?"

"We're just between managers," the boy says cheerfully. "The
old one left in a huff and a puff and we've been _waiting_
for his replacement but there's some kind of contract
difficulties and _then they decided that since there's no
manager at the moment anyway they figured it would be a great
time to go and re-decorate but _then there was some confusion
about what the plans were and who was doing what and, well,
you know." He waves a hand around. "Technically we're not
even open now - I mean, we put announcements in all the
papers and everything, but I guess you didn't see them - but
anyway, since the door asked you in you might as well stay
for a while and the price of your first drink is a story
unless you're buying drinks for everyone in which case the
price of your first drink is a story and their's is later."

He cocks his head, watching to see if the newcomer got all
this.

> Jonathon.

- Toby

--
(ooc: Remove excess nicknames to reply.)
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 1:09:45 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

"Wildwind" <wildwindsco@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> She places the bottle on the bar. "This is for Padraig when
> he comes back."
>
> The bottle looks suspiciously like an old wine bottle and
> has a hand written label which reads. 'Longmorn, Cask
> Strength, 1965.' There is a wax seal on top of the bottle.

"Oh, I'll keep that safe for him," Toby volunteers, reaching
for the bottle.

> Wildwind

- Toby

--
(Remove excess nicknames to reply.)
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 5:11:40 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

In article
<1102433444.645640.294800@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
Wildwind <wildwindsco@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Laurence wrote:
> >
> > He then makes a short bow to everyone, one at a time.

> Wildwind nods and smiles.

> > Having done this he says

> > "Hola everyone. What's up with this place?"

> "Except for Paddy not being behind the bar and some
> dust...nothin'."

Jonathon looks at the dust.

"Interesting.

Sorry, I'm a private investigator so I tend to notice things...
like the fact that the dust isn't evenly deposited, and it's in
one or two places that it really shouldn't be. It looks like
someone has tried to make this place look like it hasn't been
used for years."

> With that she takes off her ruck sack, roots around inside,
> produces a bottle and heads for the bar.

> She places the bottle on the bar. "This is for Padraig when he
> comes back."

"I look forward to meeting him if his clientel are always as
interesting as this."

Jonathon.

--
.... I installed a skylight in my apartment...The people who live above me are furious!

__ __ __ __ __ ___
|__||__)/ __/ \|\ ||_ | And isn't your life extremely flat
| || \\__/\__/| \||__ | with nothing whatever to grumble at.

....Running the RISC... lbATargonetDOTcoDOTuk
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 5:47:44 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

In article <Xns95B8AF08617Fplrctyky@130.81.64.196>,
Kylinn <kylinn@kygmail.comky> wrote:
> Lavrence <lb@argonet.co.vk> wrote:


> > He looks arovnd at the people and fixtvres for a second,
> > then down at his dogs. He doesn't seem phased by the
> > occvpants.

> A teenage boy dressed in black pants and brown shirt scvrries
> vp to him.

At close range, Jonathon looks rather pale. His hair is so
neatly styled that yov wovld think that each strand was
terrified of being seen ovt of place.

The pin in his lapel is a sceptre on a Union flag. (The British
flag. It's only a "Jack" when it's flown on a ship.)

That third metal band on his cane is changing colovr faster,
almost kaleidoscoping, bvt Jonathon doesn't seem to notice this.

His two dogs look more pvzzled at Toby's appearance and scent.
The male even looks like he might move to defend his owner.
Jonathon doesn't even look down before saying.
"Calm Brody. We've been met in mvch worse ways."

<OOC: I assvme the field that means the Pooka appear in their
trve form is still active.>

> > He then makes a short bow to everyone, one at a time. He's
> > especially carefvl to bow properly to the dragon.

Jonathon looks carefvlly at the being before him, then makes
svre he bows to him first. He looks as if he hasn't seen a Pooka
before, bvt is vsed to meeting people who don't look like the
mark one hvman.

> The boy bows back gracefvlly.

Jonathon grins broadly.

"My name's Jonathon."
<OOC: Yov can clearly hear the second "o" replacing the more
normal "a">
"It's a pleasvre to meet yov."

His accent is "well edvcated English Gentleman"

He extends his hand in a clear offer to shake hands. There's one
large gold ring on his middle finger. It appears to be plain,
bvt if yov look at it yov will see that it originally had a
woodgrain effect which has nearly all worn away.

> > Having done this he says

> > "Hola everyone. What's vp with this place?"

> "We're jvst between managers," the boy says cheerfvlly. "The
> old one left in a hvff and a pvff and we've been _waiting_
> for his replacement bvt there's some kind of contract
> difficvlties and _then they decided that since there's no
> manager at the moment anyway they figvred it wovld be a great
> time to go and re-decorate bvt _then there was some confvsion
> abovt what the plans were and who was doing what and, well,
> yov know." He waves a hand arovnd. "Technically we're not
> even open now - I mean, we pvt annovncements in all the
> papers and everything, bvt I gvess yov didn't see them - bvt
> anyway, since the door asked yov in yov might as well stay
> for a while and the price of yovr first drink is a story
> vnless yov're bvying drinks for everyone in which case the
> price of yovr first drink is a story and their's is later."

> He cocks his head, watching to see if the newcomer got all
> this.

He seems to have got the gist of it.

"Management fovlvps form a large part of my workload, one way or
another. And telling a story to get yovr first drink is an
interesting cvstom. I'll have to think of one that I can tell,
althovgh I don't need a drink, at the moment."

Jonathon.

--
.... Xerox never comes vp with anything original.

__ __ __ __ __ ___
|__||__)/ __/ \|\ ||_ | And isn't yovr life extremely flat
| || \\__/\__/| \||__ | with nothing whatever to grvmble at.

....Rvnning the RISC... lbATargonetDOTcoDOTvk
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 7:16:27 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

"Kylinn" <kylinn@kygmail.comky> wrote in message
news:Xns95B7D82CCCA1Fplrctyky@130.81.64.196...
> The boy pats at his pockets and comes up with a
> slightly-melted half bar of chocolate. He starts to offer it
> to the dragon. And hesitates.
>
> "Is chocolate okay for you?" He speaks directly to the
> dragonling, not his mistress. "Only I know most people are
> allergic to it so I wouldn't want you to break out in purple
> spots or anything, though ... that might actually be kinda
> fetching. Well, on some folks. Anyway, you have a cute pet;
> mind if I say 'hi' to her?"

Rustarin looks to the chocolate bar, then to the rabbit.
Chocolate bar.
Rabbit
Chocolate Bar....
She takes a quick bite out of the chocolate, savoring the taste.



> Eyes just a bit too wide and innocent, the boy guesses, "Her
> puppy?"

Rustarin stops in mid bite, smoke curling from her nostrils. She growlfs,
and cracks his hand with her tail.

> -Toby

Illyana Rostov
Don't try to out innocent me.
and
Rustain
'Dog' indeed!
December 8, 2004 7:51:08 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

Kylinn wrote:
>
> "Oh, I'll keep that safe for him," Toby volunteers, reaching
> for the bottle.

"Fair enough. If _you want to take on the responsibility of looking
after this _very_special bottle of whisky that the
_very_angry_seven_foot_hairy_homicidal_killing_machine asked me to get,
that would be excellent...'cos I certainly wouldn't want to have to
tell him if anything _untoward happened to it!." She draws her thumb
across her throat, makes a 'krrch' noise and shudders.
> - Toby
>
-Wildwind
Think of the mess he'd leave...EEWWW!
December 8, 2004 9:41:48 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

Kylinn wrote:
>
> "Oh, I'll keep that safe for him," Toby volunteers, reaching
> for the bottle.

"Fair enough. If _you want to take on the responsibility of looking
after this _very_special bottle of whisky that the
_very_angry_seven_foot_hairy_homicidal_killing_machine asked me to get,
that would be excellent...'cos I certainly wouldn't want to have to
tell him if anything _untoward happened to it!." She draws her thumb
across her throat, makes a 'krrch' noise and shudders.
>
> - Toby

-Wildwind
Think of the mess he'd leave...EEWWW!
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 9:12:19 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

"Wildwind" <wildwindsco@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>
> "Man, I don't know what was in that Mickey Finn I had the
> last time, but, it must have been good, I don't remember
> leaving."

Jane raises an eyebrow.

"You don't remember yelling, 'I can walk on my own ya god-damned
copper' and staggering out the door?" A smile whispers across
her face.

> -Wildwind


-Jane Palanis, Maj. (retired)
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 9:14:26 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

Todd Rich <torin@panix.com> wrote:

> "Well hello," Kronos says, seeing a familar face. "I hope
> you don't mind, I started cleaning up a bit," he gestures
> to the stretch of spotless bar.

"Not at all," Jane says. "The more the merrier." Her eyes
twinkle. "Saves me from having to deputize everyone."

> Kronos

-Palanis, Maj. (retired)
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 9:32:21 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

"The_Livewire" <The_Livewire@hotmail.com>:


> Rustarin stops in mid bite, smoke curling from her
> nostrils. She growlfs, and cracks his hand with her tail.

Jane looks at the small dragon and then at Illyana.

"Interesting. I've seen species of dragons but none this
small."

Jane starts removing bottles from the crate of wine she brought
in. On each is a plain label, black and white. However, each
has a drawing of individual human face on them. The text reads:

100% Human Blood

Certified by the City of Mediquin.

Anti-coagulants added. Bottle deposit: 3 pense.

She looks at the bottle and makes the vaguest of faces. "Hope
Paddy doesn't mind."

> Illyana Rostov
> Don't try to out innocent me.
> and
> Rustain

-Jane Palanis
December 9, 2004 3:13:56 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

Laurence wrote:
>
> Jonathon looks at the dust.
>
> "Interesting.

Wildwind raises an eyebrow and wonders what drugs he's been taking.

> Sorry, I'm a private investigator so I tend to notice things...
> like the fact that the dust isn't evenly deposited, and it's in
> one or two places that it really shouldn't be. It looks like
> someone has tried to make this place look like it hasn't been
> used for years."

"A P.I.?." She looks at him and winks. "Magnum or Cadfael?."

> > She places the bottle on the bar. "This is for Padraig when he
> > comes back."
>
> "I look forward to meeting him if his clientel are always as
> interesting as this."

She laughs. "I'm Ga-ya-da-hi U-nu-le or just plain Wildwind to the
linguistically challenged."


> Jonathon.
>
-Wildwind
December 9, 2004 3:20:33 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

Jane Palanis wrote:
>
> Jane raises an eyebrow.
>
> "You don't remember yelling, 'I can walk on my own ya god-damned
> copper' and staggering out the door?" A smile whispers across
> her face.

Wildwind turns a fetching shade of red. "You didn't have to shoot me or
anything did you?" she asks, fearing the worst.
> -Jane Palanis, Maj. (retired)

-Wildwind
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 4:48:25 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

"The_Livewire" <The_Livewire@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Kylinn" <kylinn@kygmail.comky> wrote in message
> news:Xns95B7D82CCCA1Fplrctyky@130.81.64.196...

>> The boy pats at his pockets and comes up with a
>> slightly-melted half bar of chocolate. He starts to offer
>> it to the dragon.
<snip>

> Rustarin looks to the chocolate bar, then to the rabbit.
> Chocolate bar.
> Rabbit
> Chocolate Bar....
> She takes a quick bite out of the chocolate, savoring the
> taste.

"May I pet you?" the boy asks politely.

>> Eyes just a bit too wide and innocent, the boy guesses,
>> "Her puppy?"
>
> Rustarin stops in mid bite, smoke curling from her
> nostrils. She growlfs, and cracks his hand with her tail.

"Ow!" He shakes his hand and looks aggrieved. "Well, she didn't
_say_ it was herself, did she? Wouldn't it be presumptious of me
to assume it was when she was being coy about it? I didn't _mean
anything by it."

He gingerly extends the chocolate again. "Would it help if I
said 'sorry'?"

>> -Toby
>
> Illyana Rostov
> Don't try to out innocent me.
> and
> Rustain
> 'Dog' indeed!

-Toby

--
(Remove excess nicknames to reply.)
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 4:54:29 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

"Wildwind" <wildwindsco@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Kylinn wrote:

>> "Oh, I'll keep that safe for him," Toby volunteers,
>> reaching for the bottle.
>
> "Fair enough. If _you want to take on the responsibility of
> looking after this _very_special bottle of whisky that the
> _very_angry_seven_foot_hairy_homicidal_killing_machine
> asked me to get, that would be excellent...'cos I certainly
> wouldn't want to have to tell him if anything _untoward
> happened to it!." She draws her thumb across her throat,
> makes a 'krrch' noise and shudders.

"Oh, that's fine then," Toby says sunnily. "He's my bestest
bud and would never do anything that would hurt a hair on my
head. And anyway, he did ask me to help out around here a
while back, and I _do take my responsibilities very seriously,
you know."

>> - Toby
>>
> -Wildwind
> Think of the mess he'd leave...EEWWW!

- Toby
He'd never! His totem would be soooo pissed with him.

--
(Remove excess nicknames to reply.)
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 5:19:35 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

Laurence <lb@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> Kylinn <kylinn@kygmail.comky> wrote:

<snip>
> That third metal band on his cane is changing colour
> faster, almost kaleidoscoping,

Kewl!

> but Jonathon doesn't seem to notice this.

Well, there are other things to look at here. *preen*

> His two dogs look more puzzled at Toby's appearance and
> scent. The male even looks like he might move to defend his
> owner. Jonathon doesn't even look down before saying.
> "Calm Brody. We've been met in much worse ways."
>
> <OOC: I assume the field that means the Pooka appear in
> their true form is still active.>

[ooc: I have no idea and am willing to play it either way.
How long that huge blast of Glamour would keep the Pub
enchanted, or if it would have faded away by whenever 'now'
is... *shrug*.]

>> > He then makes a short bow to everyone, one at a time.
>> > He's especially careful to bow properly to the dragon.
>
> Jonathon looks carefully at the being before him, then
> makes sure he bows to him first. He looks as if he hasn't
> seen a Pooka before, but is used to meeting people who
> don't look like the mark one human.
>
>> The boy bows back gracefully.
>
> Jonathon grins broadly.
>
> "My name's Jonathon."
> <OOC: You can clearly hear the second "o" replacing the
> more normal "a">
> "It's a pleasure to meet you."
>
> His accent is "well educated English Gentleman"
>
> He extends his hand in a clear offer to shake hands.

"No thanks," the boy raises a hand protestingly, "I just ate."

"... Oh, wait!" He smacks himself on the forehead. "Duh!"

He reaches out to shake Jonathon's hand. "So pleased to meetcha.
Call me Ishmael. Or Toby, if you like; some folks call me that,
though I have no idea why."

<snip>
>> He cocks his head, watching to see if the newcomer got all
>> this.
>
> He seems to have got the gist of it.
>
> "Management foulups form a large part of my workload, one
> way or another. And telling a story to get your first drink
> is an interesting custom. I'll have to think of one that I
> can tell, although I don't need a drink, at the moment."

Toby looks appalled. "Don't tell the owner that. He worked
hard to make the place a going concern, all by himself, and
he's very proud of his stock. 'Something for everyone', that's
his motto."

"Anyway, what about your friends here?" He indicates the dogs.

> Jonathon.

-Toby

--
(Remove excess nicknames to reply.)
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 11:12:40 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

The_Livewire wrote:
> "Justine Rogers" <justine@area88.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:covo6e$s8c$1$830fa17d@news.demon.co.uk...
>
>>The_Livewire wrote:
>>
>>>"This is the way the world ended,' She says, looking to her dragon, "One
>>>at a time."
>>
>>(ooc: Hey... the Livewire returns.)
>
>
> (OOC: just in time for the end it seemed. I actually have time and sanity
> now)
>
>
(OoC: Can't say I'v posted much in the past year bu tthat's because one
of the prominent posters really really annoys me. I could ignore him
when he was one of about 10, but not when he was one of three.)
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 1:32:31 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

In article
<1102580036.039874.230520@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
Wildwind <wildwindsco@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Laurence wrote:

> > Jonathon looks at the dust.

> > "Interesting.

> Wildwind raises an eyebrow and wonders what drugs he's been
> taking.

> > Sorry, I'm a private investigator so I tend to notice
> > things... like the fact that the dust isn't evenly
> > deposited, and it's in one or two places that it really
> > shouldn't be. It looks like someone has tried to make this
> > place look like it hasn't been used for years."

> "A P.I.?."

"For my sins."

> She looks at him and winks. "Magnum or Cadfael?."

"A bit of Nero Wolf, some Monk and a lot of connections.
Although if it's a strict choice, I'd prefer to be Cadfael."

Jonathon grins back.

> > > She places the bottle on the bar. "This is for Padraig
> > > when he comes back."

> > "I look forward to meeting him if his clientel are always as
> > interesting as this."

> She laughs. "I'm Ga-ya-da-hi U-nu-le or just plain Wildwind to
> the linguistically challenged."

"Very pleased to meet you Ga-ya-da-hi U-nu-le."

Despite the handicap of his accent, Jonathon does a pretty good
job of pronouncing your name correctly.

"Although I would prefer to use your alternative if I may.

I'm Jonathon Young. And my companions are Broderick and
Elizabeth, Brody and Liz to their friends.

Liz, Brody, say hello to a friend."

The two dogs move forward and sniff gently.

Jonathon.

--
.... Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are (usually) unnecessary.

__ __ __ __ __ ___
|__||__)/ __/ \|\ ||_ | And isn't your life extremely flat
| || \\__/\__/| \||__ | with nothing whatever to grumble at.

....Running the RISC... lbATargonetDOTcoDOTuk
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 6:16:43 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

"Wildwind" <wildwindsco@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>> Jane raises an eyebrow.
>>
>> "You don't remember yelling, 'I can walk on my own ya
>> god-damned copper' and staggering out the door?" A smile
>> whispers across her face.
>
> Wildwind turns a fetching shade of red. "You didn't have to
> shoot me or anything did you?" she asks, fearing the worst.

"So you don't remember," Jane says with a nod. She leans in
closer. "Neither do I."


>> -Jane Palanis, Maj. (retired)
>
> -Wildwind

-Jane
Gotcha.
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 10:23:48 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

The_Livewire wrote:
>
> Illyana looks hopefully for a familiar face among the newcomers. She then
> goes back to her glass, scratching her dragon between the wings.

He was probably already there in the corner, brooding over a pint; after
all, the door wasn't locked when Illyana came in. Pale skin and paler
hair, sunglasses - blue-gold lennon-style - unnecessary in the dim
lighting of the pub, but too much a part of his identity to remove. Very
well tailored charcoal grey suit, white shirt, no tie, black leather
driving gloves. Briefcase by Giger on the floor beside his chair.

Shane watches the people entering the pub with mild interest.

'Shane'
Not-so-rogue mage

(OoC: FYI, my characters are all pre-end of the WoD because I haven't
been following the WW metaplot for years.)
December 10, 2004 3:02:17 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

Jane Palanis wrote:

>
> "So you don't remember," Jane says with a nod. She leans in
> closer. "Neither do I."

"I _hate_ it when that happens." She smiles. "Anyways, i'm an amiable
drunk...most of the time and there wasn't really anyone here to fight
with, other than Thumper."

> -Jane
> Gotcha.
-Wildwind
Fisticuffs with a Troll, a painful experience i'd imagine.
December 10, 2004 3:29:51 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

Kylinn wrote:
>
> "Oh, that's fine then," Toby says sunnily. "He's my bestest
> bud and would never do anything that would hurt a hair on my
> head. And anyway, he did ask me to help out around here a
> while back, and I _do take my responsibilities very seriously,
> you know."

A serious expression settles on her features.

"Glad to hear it and since the bottle is a gift from me to Padraig, _I
expect _you to take good care of it, because it wasn't exactly easy to
get a hold of."

She holds her hand up, palm in front of her face and says "Da-ni-ta
ga."


> - Toby
> He'd never! His totem would be soooo pissed with him.
-Wildwind
I on the other hand don't have any such restrictions.
December 10, 2004 5:02:06 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

Laurence wrote:
>
> > She looks at him and winks. "Magnum or Cadfael?."
>
> "A bit of Nero Wolf, some Monk and a lot of connections.
> Although if it's a strict choice, I'd prefer to be Cadfael."
>
> Jonathon grins back.

"I reckon i'd opt for the sunshine and the Ferrari."

> "Very pleased to meet you Ga-ya-da-hi U-nu-le."
>
> Despite the handicap of his accent, Jonathon does a pretty good
> job of pronouncing your name correctly.
>
> "Although I would prefer to use your alternative if I may.

"Sure."

> I'm Jonathon Young. And my companions are Broderick and
> Elizabeth, Brody and Liz to their friends.
>
> Liz, Brody, say hello to a friend."
>
> The two dogs move forward and sniff gently.

She sits down cross legged on the floor and holds out her hands.

"O-si-yo, Gi-li-ni-ta, how're things in the hectic canine world these
days?."


> Jonathon.
>
-Wildwind
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 6:40:28 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

"Justine Rogers" <justine@area88.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:cpa8m3$1re$1$830fa7b3@news.demon.co.uk...
> The_Livewire wrote:
>>
>> Illyana looks hopefully for a familiar face among the newcomers. She
>> then goes back to her glass, scratching her dragon between the wings.
>
> He was probably already there in the corner, brooding over a pint; after
> all, the door wasn't locked when Illyana came in. Pale skin and paler
> hair, sunglasses - blue-gold lennon-style - unnecessary in the dim
> lighting of the pub, but too much a part of his identity to remove. Very
> well tailored charcoal grey suit, white shirt, no tie, black leather
> driving gloves. Briefcase by Giger on the floor beside his chair.
>
> Shane watches the people entering the pub with mild interest.

Illyana sips her vodka, ironically missing the friendly(?) face. Rustain
*grolfs* at the mage.

> 'Shane'
> Not-so-rogue mage
>
> (OoC: FYI, my characters are all pre-end of the WoD because I haven't been
> following the WW metaplot for years.)

(OOC: like that ever stopped me)
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 6:56:11 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

"Jane Palanis" <nowhere@example.com> wrote in message
news:Xns95B98BF6090B5palanis@130.81.64.196...
> "The_Livewire" <The_Livewire@hotmail.com>:
>
>
>> Rustarin stops in mid bite, smoke curling from her
>> nostrils. She growlfs, and cracks his hand with her tail.
>
> Jane looks at the small dragon and then at Illyana.
>
> "Interesting. I've seen species of dragons but none this
> small."

"She's only 30. Our big sisters say she has much growing to do. So maybe
you not see all of her yet."

Rustarin poses, her nose up in the air.

> She looks at the bottle and makes the vaguest of faces. "Hope
> Paddy doesn't mind."

"What ever happened to nutrimatic machine? Anyone ever get baby out of it?"

> -Jane Palanis

Illyana
Where's Alex when you need him?
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 7:53:34 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

"Kylinn" <kylinn@kygmail.comky> wrote in message
news:Xns95B9D4590A4B7plrctyky@130.81.64.196...
> "The_Livewire" <The_Livewire@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> "Kylinn" <kylinn@kygmail.comky> wrote in message
>> news:Xns95B7D82CCCA1Fplrctyky@130.81.64.196...
>
>> Rustarin looks to the chocolate bar, then to the rabbit.
>> Chocolate bar.
>> Rabbit
>> Chocolate Bar....
>> She takes a quick bite out of the chocolate, savoring the
>> taste.
>
> "May I pet you?" the boy asks politely.

Rustarin eyes him cautiously, then looks to Illyana, who growls at her. The
dragon nods, conveying a feeling that he should be honoured to be allowed to
touch her.

> "Ow!" He shakes his hand and looks aggrieved. "Well, she didn't
> _say_ it was herself, did she? Wouldn't it be presumptious of me
> to assume it was when she was being coy about it? I didn't _mean
> anything by it."

Rustarin shakes her head and growls.

Illyana growls back at her

> He gingerly extends the chocolate again. "Would it help if I
> said 'sorry'?"

She takes a bite of the chocolate and consents to being petted.

>>> -Toby
>>
>> Illyana Rostov
>> Don't try to out innocent me.
>> and
>> Rustain
>> 'Dog' indeed!
>
> -Toby
>
> --
> (Remove excess nicknames to reply.)
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 9:02:52 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

"The_Livewire" <The_Livewire@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Jane looks at the small dragon and then at Illyana.
>>
>> "Interesting. I've seen species of dragons but none this
>> small."
>
> "She's only 30. Our big sisters say she has much growing to
> do. So maybe you not see all of her yet."
>
> Rustarin poses, her nose up in the air.

Jane nods at the dragon. "You certainly are a fine young
dragon."

>> She looks at the bottle and makes the vaguest of faces.
>> "Hope Paddy doesn't mind."
>
> "What ever happened to nutrimatic machine? Anyone ever get
> baby out of it?"

Jane continues straightening up. "The last I knew it was worked
on by a Ragabash Garou and a Technocrat." She pauses. "Get
baby out of it?" she asks blandly.

>> -Jane Palanis
>
> Illyana
> Where's Alex when you need him?

-Jane
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 10:53:06 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

The_Livewire wrote:
> "Justine Rogers" <justine@area88.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:cpa8m3$1re$1$830fa7b3@news.demon.co.uk...
>
>>The_Livewire wrote:

>>Shane watches the people entering the pub with mild interest.
>
> Illyana sips her vodka, ironically missing the friendly(?) face. Rustain
> *grolfs* at the mage.

"Interesting creature."

Shane
not-so-rogue mage
- Friendly enough whilst here. Outside? I can't answer that.
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 10:59:53 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

Jane Palanis wrote:

>>"What ever happened to nutrimatic machine? Anyone ever get
>>baby out of it?"

> Jane continues straightening up. "The last I knew it was worked
> on by a Ragabash Garou and a Technocrat."

"No wonder the poor thing didn't survive."

> She pauses. "Get baby out of it?" she asks blandly.

"Don't worry. I doubt it would have worked."

Shane
not-so-rogue mage
- After all, you always had to provide your own container for the drinks
the machine provided.
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 12:19:18 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

In article <Xns95B9D9A1A9AB4plrctyky@130.81.64.196>,
Kylinn <kylinn@kygmail.comky> wrote:
> Laurence <lb@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> > Kylinn <kylinn@kygmail.comky> wrote:

> <snip>
> > That third metal band on his cane is changing colour
> > faster, almost kaleidoscoping,

> Kewl!

> > but Jonathon doesn't seem to notice this.

> Well, there are other things to look at here. *preen*

That's true. Since Toby is the first Pooka Jonathon has seen
he's taking a careful look at him without seeming to do so.

> > <OOC: I assume the field that means the Pooka appear in
> > their true form is still active.>

> [ooc: I have no idea and am willing to play it either way.
> How long that huge blast of Glamour would keep the Pub
> enchanted, or if it would have faded away by whenever 'now'
> is... *shrug*.]

<OOC: I'd suspect that if the pub is in it's own unique plane or
pocket universe, there's nothing for it to leak away into.
Characters might carry tiny amounts out with them when they
leave, but it could take centuries of people coming and going to
reduce the Glamour to reasonable levels.>

<Snip bows>

> > He extends his hand in a clear offer to shake hands.

> "No thanks," the boy raises a hand protestingly, "I just ate."

> "... Oh, wait!" He smacks himself on the forehead. "Duh!"

> He reaches out to shake Jonathon's hand. "So pleased to
> meetcha. Call me Ishmael. Or Toby, if you like; some folks
> call me that, though I have no idea why."

Jonathon's grip is firm, but he seems a little cool to the
touch.
"So, Toby then. A real pleasure to meet you."

> <snip>

> > "Management foulups form a large part of my workload, one
> > way or another. And telling a story to get your first drink
> > is an interesting custom. I'll have to think of one that I
> > can tell, although I don't need a drink, at the moment."

> Toby looks appalled. "Don't tell the owner that. He worked
> hard to make the place a going concern, all by himself, and
> he's very proud of his stock. 'Something for everyone', that's
> his motto."

"I don't drink much in the way of alcohol, it doesn't do
anything for me."

> "Anyway, what about your friends here?" He indicates the dogs.

"Thank you for reminding me. My manners are completely shot.
Meet Broderick and Elizabeth."

He indicates each of the dogs as he speaks their names. The dogs
look up at the sound of their names.

"They're Brody and Liz to friends, which I'll deal with right
now."

He looks down at the dogs who are looking up at him.

"Liz, Brody, he's a friend."

The two dogs look at Toby and move up to him, obviously
expecting a stroke or pet. Jonathon returns to talking to Toby.

"Go ahead and stroke them if you want, they are my companions
and guards, but they're still really only pups and they enjoy
attention from new friends."

Jonathon.

--
.... All machines are amplifiers.

__ __ __ __ __ ___
|__||__)/ __/ \|\ ||_ | And isn't your life extremely flat
| || \\__/\__/| \||__ | with nothing whatever to grumble at.

....Running the RISC... lbATargonetDOTcoDOTuk
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 9:35:10 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

Justine Rogers <justine@area88.demon.co.uk>:

>> Jane continues straightening up. "The last I knew it was
>> worked on by a Ragabash Garou and a Technocrat."
>
> "No wonder the poor thing didn't survive."

She nods. "I had the distinct impression that the Garou was
very good with her hands but magical devices were out of her
domain," she says dryly. "The Technocrat... he appeared to
have a real touch with machines."

>> She pauses. "Get baby out of it?" she asks blandly.
>
> "Don't worry. I doubt it would have worked."

"The baby would have had to fit through a very small opening,"
she remarks.

> Shane
> not-so-rogue mage
> - After all, you always had to provide your own container
> for the drinks the machine provided.

-Jane
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 11:42:06 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

Jane Palanis wrote:
> Justine Rogers <justine@area88.demon.co.uk>:

> She nods. "I had the distinct impression that the Garou was
> very good with her hands but magical devices were out of her
> domain," she says dryly. "The Technocrat... he appeared to
> have a real touch with machines."

"Which technocrat and ragabash were they?"

>>>She pauses. "Get baby out of it?" she asks blandly.
>>
>>"Don't worry. I doubt it would have worked."
>
> "The baby would have had to fit through a very small opening,"
> she remarks.

"I'm sure there's a stock response to that statement, but I can't
remember it."

Shane
not-so-rogue mage
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 3:26:10 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.storyteller (More info?)

In article <1102672926.459060.5750@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
Wildwind <wildwindsco@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Laurence wrote:

> > > She looks at him and winks. "Magnum or Cadfael?."

> > "A bit of Nero Wolf, some Monk and a lot of connections.
> > Although if it's a strict choice, I'd prefer to be Cadfael."

> > Jonathon grins back.

> "I reckon i'd opt for the sunshine and the Ferrari."

"I don't get on very well with sunshine I'm afraid. I picked up
a nasty little virus some time ago and it's made me rather over
sensitive to the stuff amongst other effects. Not that I mind
too much I always was a bit of an owl.

Besides, I prefer to think and solve rather than chase around
getting shot at... not that that hasn't happened, and I'd much
rather have KITT than a Ferrari.

Sorry, KITT's my main vehicle. A Daimler Adamant built in the
early 50's and given some very serious modifications since then.
He's a hydrogen burner and has improved armour, concealed
weapons, Good E.C.M, full A.P. He's intelligent in his own
right, something I can't explain, I'm not sure if he's an A.I.
or a spirit of some kind, but he certainly thinks for himself
these days."

> > "Very pleased to meet you Ga-ya-da-hi U-nu-le."

> > Despite the handicap of his accent, Jonathon does a pretty
> > good job of pronouncing your name correctly.

> > "Although I would prefer to use your alternative if I may.

> "Sure."

"Thank you."

> > I'm Jonathon Young. And my companions are Broderick and
> > Elizabeth, Brody and Liz to their friends.

> > Liz, Brody, say hello to a friend."

> > The two dogs move forward and sniff gently.

> She sits down cross legged on the floor and holds out her
> hands.

Each dog approaches one hand and licks gently, then turns so you
can stroke them. They are clearly Kennel Club standard bulldogs,
they probably have a bloodline better than most human royalty.
Despite this they are typical friendly but well behaved dogs.
Every so often one will look back at Jonathon.

> "O-si-yo, Gi-li-ni-ta, how're things in the hectic canine
> world these days?."

"These two are out of that scene unfortunately. The only other
dogs they get to meet frequently are my sisters Samoyed. It's
amazingly funny when they start bouncing around the garden
together at either her place or mine. That's not to say they
lack for other friends, they have plenty, some of them rather
strange. Like Tyme's cat."

You get the impression that Jonathon isn't a cat person,
although whether it's all cats or just the one he's mentioned is
less clear.

Jonathon.

--
.... Never attribute to malice that which may be explained by stupidity.

__ __ __ __ __ ___
|__||__)/ __/ \|\ ||_ | And isn't your life extremely flat
| || \\__/\__/| \||__ | with nothing whatever to grumble at.

....Running the RISC... lbATargonetDOTcoDOTuk
!