nm-700 Access point only installation (192.168.2.1)

Last response: in Networking
July 5, 2004 6:16:54 AM

Bought a new nm-700 to be used as access point only but
could not access 192.168.2.1 to gain access to the
management tool to configure it. What should l do?
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 4:17:26 PM

What name did you give to the router when you switched it to bridge mode?

The router would get the ip from whatever your DHCP server is on the
network. Since you don't know for certain what ip it is going to get, you
should be accessing the router via the name that you assigned to it.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Jerome Umuche" <jeromeumuche@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Bought a new nm-700 to be used as access point only but
> could not access 192.168.2.1 to gain access to the
> management tool to configure it. What should l do?
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 5:04:55 PM

TheIP is 80.179.249.123. l have a gateway installed by
the isp. the gateway is connected to a computer with
internet sharing enable for the entire network.

Anonymous
July 7, 2004 9:17:53 PM

I assume that is the ip given to your computer by the gateway. If so, you
won't be able to access the MN700 as they are on fferent networks.

You'll need to put yourself on the same network as the MN700 (any ip between
192.168.2.2 and 192.168.2.254 subnet 255.255.255.0) before the
http://192.168.2.1 thing will work.

Alternatively, you can disable your existing gateway and let the MN700 do
the sharing for you.

--

"jeromeumuche@yahoo.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:2894501c4645d$ac20bfa0$a401280a@phx.gbl...