Which gaming soundcard if not Creative?

sadcunt

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004
Hi

I am looking for a gaming soundcard, but I have allready had two different Creative cards (SB Live 5.1 & Audigy 2 ZS) and they sucked. They were really unstable and Creative's support have failed to do anything about it.
So I am wondering, what sound card should I get for mainly gaming purposes?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by sadcunt on 07/20/04 02:11 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The best audio processor is likely the nForce APU, but it's only available on their MCP-T southbridge.

If you want a nice standard older card, the Turtle Beach Santa Cruiz usually works flawlessly, but if you look hard enough you'll find at least ONE person in the world who had an problem...

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Actually I think I've heard 2 or 3 complaints in the past 3 years on the Santa Cruiz, which would actually make it a top card for receiving very few complaints. If he looks hard enough, he'll find at least one of those complaints!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
hehe, your logic is crashing, lol - "there are few bad replies, so.. if you look hard enough, you'll find at least one".. what kind of talking is that, are you trying to make my brain confused? It is already too wavy ;)

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
OK, I'll break it down:

1.) I'm talked to a couple hundred owners of the Santa Cruiz over the past 3 years.
2.) Around 3 of them complained, everyone else loved it.
3.) 3 complaints out of a couple hundred users is a good track record for any card.
4.) I doubt he'll ever find all 3 complaints, but if he looks hard enough he might find one of them.

arkus

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2003
...and my Santa Cruz has worked flawlessly in a variety of both AMD and Intel systems since 2000!

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=2765&st=0#entry21597" target="_new">My Rigs</A>

umheint0

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003
Also look at Guillemot/Hercules. My Game Theatre XP 7.1 is amazing. I just love it. I like it a lot more than the nVidia APU. Cleaner, fuller sound, less EMI, and the breakout box is just plain cool.

umheint0's phat setup --> <A HREF="http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~umheint0/system.html" target="_new">http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~umheint0/system.html</A><--