Dell XPS M1530 Display Issue?

chaobao

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
Hello folks.
Here is the problem with my Dell XPS M1530 laptop. My LCD display stopped working one day. The computer turns on just fine AND when connected to an external display everything works fine. I bought a new LCD, replaced it, and guess what?? I am still having the same problem. If it isn't the LCD, and isn't the graphics card considering it works with an external monitor using a VGA output, than WHAT is the problem? Thank you in advance.

7nek

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
Sounds the same as my Inspiron 1564. I took it to a tech and he said it was the video card and it was not replaceable so continue to use it with an exrernal VGA monitor. Replacing the motherboard would cost as much as a new laptop.

ipad3

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
Hey

I know this seems a little obvious, but Function + F7 to scroll through the options of external display, internal display and both.
Hope it works out for you.

reach anush

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
Itz the same prob i to have in the same model laptop, i found out that this s graphic card prob which is the regular compliant in this model, they do service it and give but the warranty for that is just 1month, whic cost Rs.2000,
i ones did the service and got it in working condition, but the same complaint repeated after 2 months, so tryin to find solution for this.